Weather in Dec/Jan/Feb?

mom2redheadgirl

Hi,
We are still planning our trip for this year and we have planned on going mid September. The problem is I will have our 7 month old with us and I am afraid it may still be too hot during that time. I have seen the weather averages in Dec/Jan/Feb and they don't seem bad at all but I am still afraid it may be too cold for a baby. I just can't believe the average high is really 72 because I live in southern Alabama and those months are chilly to us and are normally upper 50's and low 60's. Has anyone experienced WDW then and can say they would take a baby out for a full day in it? Thanks a bunch.
Steph

mwc1996

I went in Jan 2001 and it was the coldest it had been there in a very long time. Having said that, the days were still very nice. A light jacket was all we needed.......until the sun went down. It's a risk going during the winter but a relatively small one. Just don't the week before or after Christmas. That's my 2 cents worth.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

We went in late February a few years ago, and it got COLD. I don't know if that is normal or not, but there is something very wrong about gong into Pirates of the Caribbean to get warm. The most pleasant time I've ever been is in late October--very temperate. My in-laws went in early November this year and also had very comforable weather.

Upvote 0
I went late January 04(MLK weekend) and for me the weather was cold but it was really warm for someone from up North. Most of the day it was high 50s- 60s, and at night it was the 40s.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Our family has gone mid-Dec several years in a row and the weather is always great. We've even gone swimming in our resort pool (only slightly heated). Plus, the crowds are thin between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the holiday decorations are fantastic.

Friends of mine went Jan 2003 (MLK week) and nearly froze to death.

Upvote 0

fjm777

My family and I went in Jan 2003 and then in Dec 2003. Jan was warm (shorts) for 2 days but day three was freezing got down to 29 that night. In Dec we wore shorts some and jeans some. Took my coat every day but only needed it at night.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

aimster

The days can be nice. Most you might need is a light jacket or sweatshirt. But at night is can get downright COLD! I was at Pleasure Island for New Year's back in 2000 and froze my butt off even though I was bundled up. I was waiting for it to start snowing.... yes it got that cold!

For those months, pack a mix of long & short-sleeved shirts as well as a couple warmer items just in case.

Upvote 0

sarajo

We've been to WDW the week after Christmas for the past 9 out of 10 years... and we never know what the weather is going to be like. One day it will be absolutely gorgeous- sun shining brightly and we're able to wear shorts (even into the evening!) Then the next day, you will wish you had a long sleeve shirt, long pants, and a coat. We pretty much always carry some sort of jacket/sweater in the evenings, because some of the indoor venues/restaurants can get down-right COLD!

On our last trip, we took my then-6 week old daughter. The weather was pretty decent throughout the trip. I just took lots of blankets in case it got chilly. Plus, I had a few sweaters for her, too.

The biggest thing that we've learned through all these trips... plan on taking stuff for both warm and cold weather... and expect it to get chilly in the evenings (best thing is to layer, layer, layer!)

Upvote 0

madalex

We usually go in February. Earlier in the month, highs are upper 60s - low 70s, with lows in the upper 40s - 50s. Later in the month, it has more consistently in the middle to upper 70's, with lows more consistently in the 50s.

None of these temperatures will be "too cold for a baby" so long as you bring some sweaters and/or coats to account for the evening cool down.

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

I just went in January of this year, and can say I don't plan on ever going that month again. It was FAR too cold for what I want in Disney. The mid afternoons weren't bad. But honestly, every day we were there, we wore jeans. No shorts once. Nights were very cold too.

I'm going in September. I like the heat, so it won't bother me.

October's a nice time. Went last October, and the weather was beautiful. About low 80's during the day, and 60's at night.

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
We went in January during superbowl weekend one year and it was so cold and drizzly that I kept my young son inside my jacket with his head poking out the top.

I've also gone for Valentine's Day and the weather's been great. It's just kind of a toss-up at that time of year.

Upvote 0

TnkrBelPixiDust

I went down in mid January of 2000 and it was COLD!!! It wasnt too bad during the day... sweatshirts were needed but that was it. At night we had to use jackets and some nights gloves. The CM's said that this was really cold to them (I'm sure it was) however it didnt really bother my family and I because were from NEPA so were used to it. I hope this helped you. We also went in February of 2003 and it was still light jacket weather... good luck planning your trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom