Pre-Trip We weren't going until 2020.... yeah right!

I think it's finally time for me to start a PTR.

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Why: Because we like you... M-O-U-S-E

Suspects: Susan & Scott (I'm sure Donald will be there again too)

Last edited:

Rista1313

Original Poster
No but for real...... Thank you. I guess I should thank timing too, because they released a lot more slots yesterday morning, but I would have been sad to miss it. So thanks for staying on the ball when I wasn't!!

Luckily I haven't been very busy here at work, so I've had time to pay attention to social media all day to see when these things happen!

Rista1313

Original Poster
So DH looked at some things and decided to do the droid I think... I wish I knew if they had shipping, and how much it was... because I think he's really like the lightsabre, but it would be a pain to carry it home on the plane.

So watch this space if you are interested, I'll let you all know before I release the lightsabre or droid depot reservation for 9/19.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So DH looked at some things and decided to do the droid I think... I wish I knew if they had shipping, and how much it was... because I think he's really like the lightsabre, but it would be a pain to carry it home on the plane.

So watch this space if you are interested, I'll let you all know before I release the lightsabre or droid depot reservation for 9/19.

I've read a couple people say you cannot take the lightsabers on rides, too were doing the Droid Depot because it looks more fun for us to do together. But after reading that about the rides, I'm glad we went with Droid

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

The droid my husband got in Disneyland was about $100. The light saber is $200. Hubs got a BB (like BB8) style, he’s getting an R2 style in two weeks. He brought the droid home by putting it in his suitcase. The box the droid comes in is kind of clunky, he ended up taking it back to the room, but in Disneyland that only took him about 15-20 minutes to go back so that might not work for you. There are backpacks sold for carrying the droid, although those sold out fast in Disneyland and weren’t available to us. This time he is planning to just put it in his backpack he wears at the park which will make it easier to carry it around and go on rides.I have heard they fit in lockers but I’m not sure if lockers in WDW are the same size as in Disneyland.

As for seeing people on rides with light sabers I saw some people on rides like small world and pirates. But I guess I didn’t pay attention but I would it would be more difficult to go on some rides with the saber compared to the droid.

Rista1313

Original Poster
The droid my husband got in Disneyland was about $100. The light saber is $200. Hubs got a BB (like BB8) style, he’s getting an R2 style in two weeks. He brought the droid home by putting it in his suitcase. The box the droid comes in is kind of clunky, he ended up taking it back to the room, but in Disneyland that only took him about 15-20 minutes to go back so that might not work for you. There are backpacks sold for carrying the droid, although those sold out fast in Disneyland and weren’t available to us. This time he is planning to just put it in his backpack he wears at the park which will make it easier to carry it around and go on rides.I have heard they fit in lockers but I’m not sure if lockers in WDW are the same size as in Disneyland.

As for seeing people on rides with light sabers I saw some people on rides like small world and pirates. But I guess I didn’t pay attention but I would it would be more difficult to go on some rides with the saber compared to the droid.

Thanks for the input! We can’t ride many rides in HS and what we can ride, we’ll be done doing so by the time he makes the droid (630p). After that we would only be grabbing a bite to eat and watching fantasmic, and it can ride around in the scooter basket, so we should be ok that day. Can you give me an idea of the diameter? I know it’s approximately 18 inches tall? I think we can get it in the big suitcase.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Thanks for the imput! We can’t ride many rides in HS and what we can rude, we’ll be done doing so by the time he makes the droid (630p). After that we would only be grabbing a bite to eat and watching fantasmic, and it can ride around in the scooter basket, so we should be ok that day. Can you give me an idea of the diameter? I know it’s approximately 18 inches tall? I think we can get it in the big suitcase.
Also, did you happen to notice if they offered shipping?

mouse_luv

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm here and joining in now. You are going one of mine and DH's fave times of the year! We were down last year then. :D

mouse_luv

Thanks for joining, is it really as hot as they say in September?
Yes! We were there in 2014 right after Labor Day and it was unbearable. I thought it was worse than summer (I've gone July, August in the past). Last year DH and I went in Sept 17th-21st, went to the MNSSHP on the 18th, that party was crazy busy compared to the past and it was HOT! Some days the real feel was close to 100.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks for the input! We can’t ride many rides in HS and what we can ride, we’ll be done doing so by the time he makes the droid (630p). After that we would only be grabbing a bite to eat and watching fantasmic, and it can ride around in the scooter basket, so we should be ok that day. Can you give me an idea of the diameter? I know it’s approximately 18 inches tall? I think we can get it in the big suitcase.

Remind me to give you the dimensions tomorrow. Hubs is using his droid in his sermon tomorrow so he took it to church already. :)

Rista1313

Original Poster
Yes! We were there in 2014 right after Labor Day and it was unbearable. I thought it was worse than summer (I've gone July, August in the past). Last year DH and I went in 17th-21st, went to the MNSSHP on the 18th, that party was crazy busy compared to the past and it was HOT! Some days the real feel was close to 100.

Bummer! We are going to the MNSSHP on Tuesday the 17th.. I picked Tuesday because I thought there could be less people than say a Friday or Sunday. I'm going to cross my fingers for a 80 degree September with no hurricanes this year!

Rista1313

Original Poster
He picked Droid!! We'll be making ours two days ahead of you, and I'm going to try to do a live trip report. So if you have time when you get back to your room at night, you'll hopefully be able to read how it went for us!

I think he really wanted Lightsaber too, but he's a reasonable guy sometimes... and all the obstacles of getting it home in one piece and the price, outweighed the fun. He's excited for the droid. Did you see it says you have to check in 60 minutes prior on the confirmation email?... I wonder if that's correct? Any insight @ajrwdwgirl ??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom