Pre-Trip We just couldn't resist the crowds (or lack there of!) - *Live-ish*

We are planners, I swear we are. I remember one time pre-kids, pre-marriage we got up and thought "let's be crazy and go to a basketball game", and that was spontaneous for us.

But this is going to take the cake:

image1.png

More details to come (as we figure them out!)

Spash007

Original Poster
Who knows....maybe she'll fixate so much on fictional characters that she won't be interested in real people for a while. My 14 year old daughter still shows no signs of being interested in having a romantic relationship. She has good friends, both boys and girls, but it hasn't progressed beyond friendship. She's much more into her education right now. She's excited for school this year because she finally gets to study chemistry.
Maybe if C gets the bad boy fascination out of her system now, she'll be good to go when she finally hits the age of real infatuations with real people.

Yes, that does sound good, and good for your daughter! I was similar in a lot of ways - but for history and math. Science in general was never my things (even though Chemistry is by far the coolest)

Songbird76

Yes, that does sound good, and good for your daughter! I was similar in a lot of ways - but for history and math. Science in general was never my things (even though Chemistry is by far the coolest)
She pretty much likes everything...she's not looking forward to Economics this year, but that's about it. It's a bit ridiculous over here...she has something like 15 subjects this year! She is most excited by the Science. She had biology in 7th grade, Physics in 8th, and this year she'll have those plus Chemistry, which she has been waiting for. She loved Biology and Physics, so my guess is she'll love Chem as well. But with 15 subjects, maybe it's just that she doesn't have time to think about relationships! The most I ever had in high school was 8 and that was because we had zero hour band. I can't imagine trying to juggle 15 classes at once.

Did you end up doing something with history or math as a career? My daughter just had an epiphany today that she'd LOVE to work as an imagineer....that would certainly match with the sciences. One of her favorite classes is a research and design technology class...that plus physics would be pretty much Imagineering new attractions, I think!

Spash007

Original Poster
She pretty much likes everything...she's not looking forward to Economics this year, but that's about it. It's a bit ridiculous over here...she has something like 15 subjects this year! She is most excited by the Science. She had biology in 7th grade, Physics in 8th, and this year she'll have those plus Chemistry, which she has been waiting for. She loved Biology and Physics, so my guess is she'll love Chem as well. But with 15 subjects, maybe it's just that she doesn't have time to think about relationships! The most I ever had in high school was 8 and that was because we had zero hour band. I can't imagine trying to juggle 15 classes at once.

Did you end up doing something with history or math as a career? My daughter just had an epiphany today that she'd LOVE to work as an imagineer....that would certainly match with the sciences. One of her favorite classes is a research and design technology class...that plus physics would be pretty much Imagineering new attractions, I think!

So my career and college majors was an interesting endeavor. I at one point wanted to be an imagineer, but after I really disliked and struggled with Physics, gave up on that.

I'm afraid this is going to be a bit long, but if you're interested lol. I started college as a Math major, but realized I liked Statistics the most and was able to get a Math minor by taking the Statistics courses and a couple of requirements. I then ended up double majoring in Government and Music. I wish I would've ended up in Music, but right around 2010 when I graduated the music industry was in such upheaval with the move towards digital, I focused more on Government and started a job as a Defense Consultant. My boss though criticized me for being too focused on numbers, which at first I saw as a negative until I realized that is just who I was and moved over to doing data analysis for the Defense Dept. I made my way over to Supply Chain Analysis in the Defense industry, and now I'm pretty set in a Supply Chain Analytics career.

So.. long story short, I am using math a lot in my every day. Just not in the way I had thought I would. But the on hand quality of Supply Chain work is something I also realized I enjoy more than I would've thought.

Songbird76

So my career and college majors was an interesting endeavor. I at one point wanted to be an imagineer, but after I really disliked and struggled with Physics, gave up on that.

I'm afraid this is going to be a bit long, but if you're interested lol. I started college as a Math major, but realized I liked Statistics the most and was able to get a Math minor by taking the Statistics courses and a couple of requirements. I then ended up double majoring in Government and Music. I wish I would've ended up in Music, but right around 2010 when I graduated the music industry was in such upheaval with the move towards digital, I focused more on Government and started a job as a Defense Consultant. My boss though criticized me for being too focused on numbers, which at first I saw as a negative until I realized that is just who I was and moved over to doing data analysis for the Defense Dept. I made my way over to Supply Chain Analysis in the Defense industry, and now I'm pretty set in a Supply Chain Analytics career.

So.. long story short, I am using math a lot in my every day. Just not in the way I had thought I would. But the on hand quality of Supply Chain work is something I also realized I enjoy more than I would've thought.
Well it sounds like you just sort of landed on your feet where you needed to be! As long as you are happy, that's what's important. I never thought about doing anything besides teaching music, and then I got through college with a degree in music education and realized I really didn't like teaching. I'm not good with classroom management, and the requirements they have are RIDICULOUS, at least for elementary music programs. They expect 6th graders to understand the circle of 5ths.....I didn't get that until college! Granted, we had zero theory in choir in high school, so I was way behind, but there is no reason an average 6th grader who is not playing an instrument needs to know that. So I kind of got a college education for no reason as I'm not using my degree at all. But I really don't know what else I could have studied that would have been a better fit. I considered being an English teacher, but again....teaching. Oy. If only I could get paid to read books or travel!

slipperalwaysfits

Well it sounds like you just sort of landed on your feet where you needed to be! As long as you are happy, that's what's important. I never thought about doing anything besides teaching music, and then I got through college with a degree in music education and realized I really didn't like teaching. I'm not good with classroom management, and the requirements they have are RIDICULOUS, at least for elementary music programs. They expect 6th graders to understand the circle of 5ths.....I didn't get that until college! Granted, we had zero theory in choir in high school, so I was way behind, but there is no reason an average 6th grader who is not playing an instrument needs to know that. So I kind of got a college education for no reason as I'm not using my degree at all. But I really don't know what else I could have studied that would have been a better fit. I considered being an English teacher, but again....teaching. Oy. If only I could get paid to read books or travel!

Hi @Songbird76 , not to hijack this thread, but I am a teacher, too and the classroom management parts are definitely the most challenging for me. Like you, getting paid to read books or travel would be excellent! There are ways to do that but they aren't a) very family friendly or b) pay very well....so here we all are....
As for @Spash007 , lucky you for landing in a great Defense job with a nice career path. I'd love to have a government job, but they don't really need educators in Government in Denver...not that I've found anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom