we got screwed by magical express...

glendroid

now disney wont do anything.

i am currently writing this in front of the us airways booth in mco.

our DME was supposed to pick us up for a flight at 2:50.

the bus showed up late. left late. made two stop overs. so consequently we missed our flights.

should disney do anything?

DisneyJoe

Well just to say this since we are talking trash(kinda) of DME. Well for us we got to the Hotel at like 7pm. Instead of it coming like when it was supposed to come(our luggage)We got it at like Midnight or later! They told us oh it will be here by 10pm! Well they were wrong big time!

Luggage can take anywhere from 2 to 6 hours to get to you from the airport. They should have set your expectations properly.

Upvote 0

Mickey is King

I have read the situation and don't know who should be responsable for this cluster #$**..I just wanted to throw my two cents in on DME.... don't do it...If you are tring to save a qucik hundred make the grcery stop that some transportation services allow. I like MH trans. in Orlando. we were at the hotel in about 50 min. from the airport including the store stop...no store stop, you could be there in 35 min. tops.
So people can take the magical exress if they want to see every hotel in Orlando before you get dropped off, oh, and you may have to wait 5 hrs. for your luggage after you arrival @ the hotel.... I have done this "magical experss" once...let me say again- once....

Upvote 0

lovepooh

I would have to disagree. I have done the Magical Express service 2x now. Yes it does take a while to get you luggage to your room, however if you pack a bag with the things you will need for the next few hours and extra change of clothes I find if very helpful! Expecially if you have kids. Do you have any idea how hard it is to lug 2 peices of luggage a peice for a family of 6. Thats 8 pecies thats a pain if not almost impossible. Its extremely nice to just to bring one extra bag on the bus and have them bring the rest of your belongings later.

As for the DME making a few stops it didnt bother me. I was in no hurry I am in Disney your there to enjoy! For us as long as we checked our flight status the night before and in the morning we have never had a problem, however things happen. For me its the only way to do disney!:wave:

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

The original flight was 2 hours and 45 minutes from pickup time, right in the middle of your window (2:30-3:15).

In this case it still isn't even close since they should have been at the airport at approx 2:30 according to their ORIGINAL flight time because they are flying internationally. DME usually gets international passengers at the airport 3 hours prior to flight time. Not sure why they weren't planning to this time...they always have for me. :shrug:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I agree!

How many more people will skim over the posts in this thread and then write something nasty without bothering to really read ALL the details.:hammer:

I can't be bothered with "reading what other people write" and "making an informed opinion," I've a post count to pad!

The original poster should be banned from Disney World, Disneyland, Disney stores, Disney movies, and buying any Disney merchandise! How dare you check your flight time the night before when you're supposed to and not every 10 minutes afterwards?
:rolleyes:
Seriously, my feeling is, especially when it comes to MCO, the airlines KNOW a giant percentage of people are using DME or relying on shuttle buses. They also know that people are assigned shuttles based on their departure time. So if the airlines are telling you to check your flight status the night before departure, but then they change the time the day-of, then the airline in question is responsible for getting you on a different flight, compensating you for hotels or meals or anything else. I WOULD argue that DME dropped the ball...depending on the answer to this question: If your flight time hadn't been changed, would DME have brought you to the airport in time to catch the flight, even with their delays? If the answer is Yes, you should raise Holy Hell with the airline. If the answer is no, then you could argue that DME bears some responsibility.

Maybe, an improvement DME could make in the future would be to arrange with airlines to get all flight changes sent to them. Then Disney could, in turn, attempt to contact you and change your departure time accordingly. I know, DME is a free servce (well, a service hidden in the cost of your resort room), but the idea of DME is to keep people from ever leaving Disney property. So conveniences like that would benefit Disney as well as the consumer. Besides, we all know that sometimes flights get overbooked. Imagine if DME got info that your flight is overbooked, and could help arrange to bump you to a later flight to you could spend more time on property, hitting the parks (and buying more crap?)

Upvote 0

stitchsMom

When I worked for American Airlines, our flights NEVER left early than the posted departure time, due to people connecting to other flights at hub airport and gate space at hub airports.

The only time we had the authorization to push from the gate early was if we had every passenger on the aircraft that had a booked and paid for ticket. This only happen once in the five years I was a gate agent.

You would not believe the number of people who book and pay for a ticket and just dont show up.
This is happening more and more though, especially with so many airlines flying as another (i.e. Northwest is now often flys as "Midwest"). My sister had her original flight completely canceled on her recently and the airline rebooked another. When she recieved notice that her original non-stop flight had been changed to ridiculous times as well as a layover, she called and explained the change wouldn't work with 2 tots and an infant. The airline refunded her the tickets entirely without any hassle. It is a sign of the times, and we have to keep on top of flight changes I guess.

Upvote 0

Lance

I agree!

How many more people will skim over the posts in this thread and then write something nasty without bothering to really read ALL the details.:hammer:

I will!

The first time I actually considered taking DME.... I got to the ground floor, and saw a MASSIVE crowd... and figured it was DME.... you bet, I've NEVER seen so many people in a line, one huge clusterf#*@. I booked it to the Dollar counter and rented a car, and I will never attempt DME ever again!

its not worth it, I rent a car, and I'm in WDW in 20-30 mins

DME is the TOP reason why Orlando needs a light speed rail system...

but if you're ever in the situation where you're contemplating renting or DME... RENT! or take another shuttle, but I've never done that... I like being in control of when I get places.... but yeah

The original poster should be banned from Disney World, Disneyland, Disney stores, Disney movies, and buying any Disney merchandise!

Oh how I'd love to ban a lot of meatheads... I'd ban hundreds of people every time I go to WDW... so many people should just quit and go home!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I will!

The first time I actually considered taking DME.... I got to the ground floor, and saw a MASSIVE crowd... and figured it was DME.... you bet, I've NEVER seen so many people in a line, one huge clusterf#*@. I booked it to the Dollar counter and rented a car, and I will never attempt DME ever again!

but if you're ever in the situation where you're contemplating renting or DME... RENT! or take another shuttle
The problem is, you don't have all the facts, but that hasn't stopped you from shouting an uninformed opinion.

I was once in one of those huge, massive DME lines. I went from end of the line to done with the line in 5 minutes. Yes, there was a huge amount of people, but there were 14 (yes, fourteen) cast members behind the counter plus a couple of supervisors floating around. The transaction at the counter, if there are no problems, takes literally less than one minute even when the place is empty (I've done it both ways), let alone when they're trying to get people through a huge line. So using this math, there could be up to 14 people served per minute, so if I waited 5 minutes, there could have been 70 people in line in front of me.

Also, sometimes the line isn't as big as it seems. Sometimes people don't follow the directions that only one person from each party should be in line. Sometimes, that line of 100 people could be 25 uninformed parties of 4.

Therefore, a huge line that you see doesn't necessary equal a huge delay. Your assumption of a clusterf#*@ was perhaps a very poor assumption. I could have assumed the same thing, but I would have been wrong wrong wrong.

My 3 DME experiences have been speedy. From airplane exit to resort drop-off, it's taken me 63 minutes, 56 minutes and 57 minutes.

I'm curious ... you say you were going to use DME but then saw the line and got a rental car. WHAT ABOUT YOUR LUGGAGE? Did you have DME tags on your bags, or did you claim your own luggage? People who claim their own luggage and take it to the DME bus substantially slow themselves down. One of the best things about DME is the automatic baggage transfer. What you fail to realize is that a DME guest who uses DME as designed waits at the DME counter and then again for the bus to leave. A customer getting a rental car waits at baggage claim and then at the rental counter. ANd believe me, in my travels I've had speedy rental experiences, and rental experiences where I waited almost forever just to get through the line.

I challenge anyone to tell me that they claimed their bags from baggage claim, went to a rental car counter, and got to their resort substantially faster than the about 1 hour average it's taken me using DME.

And by the way, there is no such thing as "another shuttle" to WDW resorts from MCO. If you go up to the Mears counter to buy a ride to your WDW resort, they'll charge you the fee, give you a ticket, and send you to a DME bus.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

(Knock on wood) I've never had a problem with DME or experienced long lines. I did encounter a rather rude bus driver on my last trip, but other than that great service.

And I for one HATED Mears and rolled into WDW using Tiffany Towncar. So unless I get horrible service from DME (or they start charging for the svc) I will continue to use them.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I will!

but if you're ever in the situation where you're contemplating renting or DME... RENT! or take another shuttle, but I've never done that... I like being in control of when I get places.... but yeah

Oh how I'd love to ban a lot of meatheads... I'd ban hundreds of people every time I go to WDW... so many people should just quit and go home!

So you saw a long line and ASSUMED it was a huge cluster *&^*

Did you wait and look at the line. I have used DME many many times - double digits. Sometimes there are no people, sometimes there are a lot. The DME people know the flights arrival times, and the amount of DME users on those flights and they staff accordingly. I have never waited more that 15 minutes, more often much less, to get under way on the DME bus.

I normaly am one to "stay in controll" of my own transportation as well, but DME works quite well.

-dave

Upvote 0

seashoreCM

DME is the TOP reason why Orlando needs a light speed rail system... !

(very OT)

DME, homebound*, is capable of operating in a manner very close to that of a light rail (trolley) system.

1. Take all comers without the need for reservations.

2. (optional) Use those buses with bodies shaped like old fashioned trolley cars :animwink:.

In current practice, DME forestalls the need for Orlando to have a light rail system going to Disney as was actually proposed not too many years ago.

* Disney bound, DME is currently not permitted to operate in this fashion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom