we got screwed by magical express...

glendroid

now disney wont do anything.

i am currently writing this in front of the us airways booth in mco.

our DME was supposed to pick us up for a flight at 2:50.

the bus showed up late. left late. made two stop overs. so consequently we missed our flights.

should disney do anything?

Nemo14

Actually, that nearly happened to us last time we used it. We got to our gate just as our plane was loading.

I definitely think Disney should compensate you, especially if there is any additional expense involved in securing another flight. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

If you were suppose to leave the resort @ 2:50 what time was your flight? Like to know how long it can take to get back to the airport in a worst case situation for my future visit. Sorry for the frustration.

Upvote 0

Carebee21

now disney wont do anything.

i am currently writing this in front of the us airways booth in mco.

our DME was supposed to pick us up for a flight at 2:50.

the bus showed up late. left late. made two stop overs. so consequently we missed our flights.

should disney do anything?

Honestly I think you need to take responsibility for yourself. You should have made sure that you had ample amount of time to get to the airport in time for your flight. Either your pick up time was cutting it too close to your take off time, or magical express was running very very behind. Either way, you should have complained to the front desk or someone in the hotel as soon as you realized the error. If your time was cutting it too close you should have requested an earlier pickup time. Or if the shuttle was more than 15 minutes late, you should have gone in and found out then what was going on.

Once you realize there's going to be stops at other resorts, did you ask the driver how many more stops? Or how much longer it would take before you left for the airport? I think at the point that they were already late and then making additional stops, I probably would have gone in and complained at whatever resort you were at and asked someone to get me a taxi/towncar and request they pay for it. If they refused I still would have taken a cab and fought them on that later. But if you never alert them to the problem...

Although I think that they should help you in securing another flight and using whatever resources they have, I don't think that they should be financially responsible for your missed flight.

Upvote 0

glendroid

Original Poster
Honestly I think you need to take responsibility for yourself. You should have made sure that you had ample amount of time to get to the airport in time for your flight. Either your pick up time was cutting it too close to your take off time, or magical express was running very very behind. Either way, you should have complained to the front desk or someone in the hotel as soon as you realized the error. If your time was cutting it too close you should have requested an earlier pickup time. Or if the shuttle was more than 15 minutes late, you should have gone in and found out then what was going on.

Once you realize there's going to be stops at other resorts, did you ask the driver how many more stops? Or how much longer it would take before you left for the airport? I think at the point that they were already late and then making additional stops, I probably would have gone in and complained at whatever resort you were at and asked someone to get me a taxi/towncar and request they pay for it. If they refused I still would have taken a cab and fought them on that later. But if you never alert them to the problem...

Although I think that they should help you in securing another flight and using whatever resources they have, I don't think that they should be financially responsible for your missed flight.

well it was sufficient. i don't feel that getting off my bus to go complain at a desk would be any help to any of the other people on the bus. And i cant complain that we had people with special needs on our bus that required extra time to get on the bus. but funny story in the end. we ended up spending about two hours with disney on the phone at the lobby of us airways. eventually they told us they would give us ten dollars per person for food. they gave us a paper that said no strings atttached and told us to show it to the food court vendors at MCO. So we bit the bullet and paid for a hotel room at the hyatt :( 275 aint cheap for students who just went on a disney vacation. but anyways we went to the food court and went around. and every fast food place we went said exactly this: " oh sorry, we are the only place in the food court that doesnt except this. try all the other places. eventually we went back to the DME booth and had to talk to the mananger who came with us personally and bought us all food from the food court on disney's pretty Black visa. so all in all that turned out well and she gave me a number and told me to phone it and that our hotel will most likely be covered :)

all in all it turned out :)

i still have faith in disney after today!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Your flight was at 2:50 -

What time was the bus supposed to pick you up and what time did it arrive ?

What time did check in for your flight begin at MCO ?

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Are you saying that at 9:00 a.m. same day the flight was moved up almost 1 hour???

I don't know who's responsibility that is!

I know that airlines usually tell you to reconfirm reservations 24 hours in advance. So even if you did what you were supposed to do with that ... well, no one can reasonably expect to have to check their air reservations every few hours, you know!

I wonder what responsibility the airline has with this. I wonder if it's their responsibility to contact you if you they change your flight only 8 hours prior to the flight.

But I can't see how Disney would know about the flight time change, and thus I can't agree that you got screwed by Disney's Magical Express.

Did you know about the flight change when it was made. In other words, were you informed at 9 a.m. of the change? If so, it truly and definitely was your responsibility to tell someone at Disney so that they could arrange an earlier pickup for you.

So what's the scoop?:wave:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So you knew at 9.00 AM that your flight had been rescheduled an hour earlier.

I think that you should have informed ME about your change. If you did inform them, then Disney is responsible. If you did not inform them then you are responsible.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Looks like the flight being moved an hour earlier was the issue there. Not Disney's fault, but glad to see they are taking care of you.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

When I worked for American Airlines, our flights NEVER left early than the posted departure time, due to people connecting to other flights at hub airport and gate space at hub airports.

The only time we had the authorization to push from the gate early was if we had every passenger on the aircraft that had a booked and paid for ticket. This only happen once in the five years I was a gate agent.

You would not believe the number of people who book and pay for a ticket and just dont show up.

Upvote 0

glendroid

Original Poster
we found out that our flight had been changed at 9 am when we arrived at MCO at 4 ish.. so yeah...

it's not being screwed by DME, but the timing could have been better..

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
we found out that our flight had been changed at 9 am when we arrived at MCO at 4 ish.. so yeah...

it's not being screwed by DME, but the timing could have been better..

Sounds to me that the airline dropped the ball on this one. If the airline changes the flight, they are obligated to inform all ticket holders.

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

Ugh, this is why we ALWAYS rent a car now, I love being on MY schedule, not Disneys schedule or on Disney time.

Before Magical Express there was Mears, and Disney use to contract out mears to pick up the resort guests, it use to take 2 hours to get to your resort because they would stop at every resort, it sucked soooo bad, hated it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom