We got a reply from a letter to WDW!

jjgoo

Original Poster
I see so many postings from people saying that they don't hear back when they write a letter to WDW so I want to let you all know that we got a response.

About two weeks ago we sent a thank you letter regarding the great time we had at Coronado Springs this past September. There were a lot of great CMs while we were there and we wanted them to be recognized. We mailed the letter to the Manager at Coronado and Meg Crofton's Office as well as faxing it (we wanted to make double sure someone saw it).

We yesterday we had a voicemail when we got home from Andrea thanking us for sending the letter and letting us know that the team leaders from all of the CMs that we mentioned had been notified about the good job.

It was a really nice message and really made the day.

So I would say keep sending the letters about the good jobs that the CMs do because they are recognized for their good work!:sohappy:

DAKOTADISNEY

That's a great idea to send a letter. When we are there in February I'm going to try to write down the CM's names that give us good service and/or just add something positive to our Disney experience. Everyone likes to be singled out by name when you're giving out compliments and thanks.

DisneySaint

Disney ALWAYS replies to EVERY comunication unless they are written in a tone that simply cannot be addressed. The Guest Communications department is phenomenal, especially considering the amount of workload they have. Think about how many negative letters there are compared to positives.

From what I understand, also, if you submit ideas those have to be sent to the legal department due to some local regulation so perhaps that's why some folks don't receive letters back.

Nemo14

I have e-mailed them on 3 seperate occasions, twice with complaints and once with a thank you and got prompt respsonses all 3 times. I've always been impressed with that!

M's of Marietta

Disney ALWAYS replies to EVERY comunication unless they are written in a tone that simply cannot be addressed. The Guest Communications department is phenomenal, especially considering the amount of workload they have. Think about how many negative letters there are compared to positives.

From what I understand, also, if you submit ideas those have to be sent to the legal department due to some local regulation so perhaps that's why some folks don't receive letters back.

What happens with ideas is that regular employees can't look at them first in case someone that works at Disney is coming up with the same idea and has no knowledge of your idea that was submitted. That way a timetable of when the idea was received and who saw it is in writing. There are also legal documents that have to filled out if they want to keep your idea. The ideas also can't have a patent pending or they are automatically rejected. It protects Disney and other companies from law suits.:)

PaisleyMF

For most if not all cast members, just helping, even with the little things makes our day.

And is good that cast members when good or bad are told. I know because I like to be told.

DAKOTADISNEY

What would be the address to send a letter or an e-mail of appreciation? Lots of time I would like to send something like that but don't know where even to send it to get to the right people.

Chape19714

Always send letters of thanks, it helps the cast so much. At WDW, we have a newsletter that gives us a sample of the great letters that come in every few weeks. So please write, because cast members do hear about it one way or another!

I had to send a letter to Disney, unfortunately it was a negative letter.. It's been over two weeks and I haven't heard from them.. I understand that they are busy, but does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from them??

It's now been three months since I've sent my letter to Guest Communications.. I have sent it twice since then.. I have not heard anything from them.. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get a response? :veryconfu

photoflight

It's now been three months since I've sent my letter to Guest Communications.. I have sent it twice since then.. I have not heard anything from them.. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get a response? :veryconfu

Maybe it's luck of the draw. My folk's had a beef with something at Epcot, wrote to WDW (not sure where they wrote to exactly - sorry) and had a relatively quick response... in fact they exchanged several letters in follow-ups to their complaint. In the end WDW send them a $50 gift certificate for their troubles.

sorceresssamara

We had an issue with our trip and October and wrote them a letter. We heard back within a few weeks and they issued everyone in our party 3 day park hopper passes.

I guess it depends who's in charge of opening the mail on certain days.

chasraz

I wrote in about the Magic Your Way .. Or as I call it Magic someone elses way, and got a telephone call little more than a week later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom