Pre-Trip We go to Disney for the FOOD!

Hi Everyone!
I just joined these boards today, and I'm really excited to spend some more time on the site! I also love love trip reports - I'm part of a cruise forum (not Disney specific) and I enjoy reading about others' experiences and posting my own. I can't believe it's taken me this long to find Disney related forums in all of my research over the years.

We just decided a week ago that we wanted our next trip to be to Disney World. We had been looking at cruises originally (which we also love as a vacation) but had a hard time making the dates fit with work and life schedules. We had originally decided that we'd wait until 2021 to go back to Disney since we had just been in 2016. However, we've been having serious Disney withdrawals, so we scrapped the cruise idea and started planning out a long weekend at Disney World.

Who's travelling: Myself and my wife, we're both in our early 30's. We love Disney and this will be our 5th trip there!

When: January 23rd-28th, 2019. We live in Massachusetts so it will be nice to get away from the freezing cold temps.

Where: Port Orleans - French Quarter. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in 2016 and it was amazing. We're looking forward to checking out this smaller resort.

I've done a ton of planning in the last week since we're right around the 180 day mark for ADR's. One of the things that we love about Disney World is the food. Yes, I'm totally serious and we've spent most our planning time trying to decided which restaurants we want to go to :D After narrowing down our favorites and adding in a new one, I started making ADR's this weekend!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
The Itinerary

Wednesday, January 23rd: Arrive in Orlando
Arrive at Orlando Airport and board the Magical Express
Check-in to Port Orleans French Quarter
Dinner at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
Drinks at Scat Cat's Club

Thursday, January 24th: Magic Kingdom
Waffles at Sleepy Hollow
Dinner at Ohana

Friday, January 25th: Epcot
Early breakfast at Ohana
Dinner at Spice Road Table

Saturday, January 26th: Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Sanaa
Dinner at Teppan Edo in Epcot

Sunday, January 27th: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast at Woody's Lunch Box
Snacks (and beers) at Baseline Tap House
Dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot

Tuesday, January 29th: Disney Springs / Fly home
Lunch in Disney Springs (Location TBD)
Figure out how to live in Disney. Otherwise, fly home

That's about it so far! I'll plan to update as we progress in our planning!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Oh, I forgot to mention! I just ordered myself a pair of these beauties from the the Shop Disney App:

Ears.jpg

Maybe I can wear them around my apartment for the next six months and pretend I'm already there! ;)

DisneyFreak

Have you been to either Spice Road Table or Saana before? You're going to love both. Great choice on doing Sanaa for lunch so you can still see the animals.

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Have you been to either Spice Road Table or Saana before? You're going to love both. Great choice on doing Sanaa for lunch so you can still see the animals.

We discovered Sanaa on our last trip there a couple of years ago and loved it!! We talk about that meal, especially the bread service, all the time. It was literally the first restaurant we said we had to go, even if it meant leaving Animal Kingdom and then going bank. Spice Road Table is a new one for us! I'm really excited to try it out. I had read that they have a great view of the lake, so we have a late reservation and hopefully we'll be able to watch IllumiNations from our table.

DisneyFreak

We discovered Sanaa on our last trip there a couple of years ago and loved it!! We talk about that meal, especially the bread service, all the time. It was literally the first restaurant we said we had to go, even if it meant leaving Animal Kingdom and then going bank. Spice Road Table is a new one for us! I'm really excited to try it out. I had read that they have a great view of the lake, so we have a late reservation and hopefully we'll be able to watch IllumiNations from our table.

Sometimes we go to Sanaa just for the bread service. Excellent food and service every time.

Spice Road Table is excellent as well. Quite a few small plate options to choose from so you can get a taste of quite a few of their selections. A table by the window is best for Illuminations but the cozy booths are also a nice choice for a romantic setting and you can still get a decent view of the show.

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Sometimes we go to Sanaa just for the bread service. Excellent food and service every time.

Spice Road Table is excellent as well. Quite a few small plate options to choose from so you can get a taste of quite a few of their selections. A table by the window is best for Illuminations but the cozy booths are also a nice choice for a romantic setting and you can still get a decent view of the show.

That’s great to know! We figured the small plates would be a good dinner option after snacking all day - there’s just so many amazing options in Epcot to try!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
I just made my final ADR for the trip! So excited for this trip, it can’t come soon enough!

In other news, we are going to see the Aladdin musical tonight! Anyone else love the Disney Broadway shows? We’ve also seen the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast musicals and loved them!

riverside

Premium Member
I just made my final ADR for the trip! So excited for this trip, it can’t come soon enough!

In other news, we are going to see the Aladdin musical tonight! Anyone else love the Disney Broadway shows? We’ve also seen the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast musicals and loved them!
My boyfriend bought me tickets for Aladdin but it’s not here until September. I can’t wait!! Have fun!!

LisaBelle

My boyfriend bought me tickets for Aladdin but it’s not here until September. I can’t wait!! Have fun!!
We just saw Aladdin when it came to Cincinnati in June. We LOVED it! We are season ticket holders for our Broadway series and it was the favorite show of the season for most of us!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Correct!

Also, that being the case, and if you enjoy Sanaa, get thee to Jiko and/or Tiffins.

I've heard amazing things about both Jiko and Tiffins!! They're on my "must try" Disney restaurants list for sure, so hopefully we'll be able to go during longer trip. I've also always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge - it's such a gorgeous resort. One day!

tatibus0913

Original Poster
We just saw Aladdin when it came to Cincinnati in June. We LOVED it! We are season ticket holders for our Broadway series and it was the favorite show of the season for most of us!

We are Boston season ticket holders and it was our favorite as well! The costumes were incredible and we loved the Genie! The only thing that might top it is when Hamilton comes next month, but my love of all things Disney runs deep!

LisaBelle

We are Boston season ticket holders and it was our favorite as well! The costumes were incredible and we loved the Genie! The only thing that might top it is when Hamilton comes next month, but my love of all things Disney runs deep!
Genie was awesome! We have to wait until February for Hamilton. I totally agree that Hamilton is probably the only one that can top Aladdin.

tatibus0913

Original Poster
Genie was awesome! We have to wait until February for Hamilton. I totally agree that Hamilton is probably the only one that can top Aladdin.

This was our first year doing the subscription, basically because of the Aladdin and Hamilton shows this season. But we ended up really enjoying all of the ones that we saw - Waitress, On Your Feet and Love Never Dies. We decided not to do the subscriber package again this year but it's been such a fun experience seeing all of these shows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom