We Go On

Minthorne

Original Poster
This message still rings true. We go on, as one.

With the stillness of the night
There comes a time to understand
To reach out and touch tomorrow
Take the future in our hand.

We can see a new horizon
Built on all that we have done
And our dreams begin
Another thousand circles 'round the sun.

We go on
To the joy and through the tears
We go on
To discover new frontiers
Moving on
With the current of the years.

We go on
Moving forward, now as one
Moving on
With a spirit born to run
Ever on
With each rising sun.

To a new day
We go on.

We go on.

Pepper's Ghost

This message still rings true. We go on, as one.

Great post, and thread! So many people need uplifting right now. My heart goes out to all those have gotten sick, those who've passed or lost loved ones, lost their jobs, lost their retirement funds. These are really tough times. If you're like me, you glaze over the words of a song like that, but when you're hypersensitive in moments like now and listen to the words, I'm personally astonished I never realized how powerful that song is.

Minthorne

Original Poster
Great post, and thread! So many people need uplifting right now. My heart goes out to all those have gotten sick, those who've passed or lost loved ones, lost their jobs, lost their retirement funds. These are really tough times. If you're like me, you glaze over the words of a song like that, but when you're hypersensitive in moments like now and listen to the words, I'm personally astonished I never realized how powerful that song is.

I think that happens with a lot of us. For me, the words of this song have always been special to me. They instill a sense of hope and courage. This morning I needed a lift and this is where my memory took me.

Funny story - I have a good friend who is a Parks fan who loves this show and on our last time seeing Illuminations before it retired he was singing along at the end "We are one lalallalla la la lala We are one lal lalalal"

I said "You don't know the words do you?" and he said "I know 'we are one', that's all."

It took a google search for me to prove to him after almost 20 years that he didn't even know those words!

Pepper's Ghost

I think that happens with a lot of us. For me, the words of this song have always been special to me. They instill a sense of hope and courage. This morning I needed a lift and this is where my memory took me.

Funny story - I have a good friend who is a Parks fan who loves this show and on our last time seeing Illuminations before it retired he was singing along at the end "We are one lalallalla la la lala We are one lal lalalal"

I said "You don't know the words do you?" and he said "I know 'we are one', that's all."

It took a google search for me to prove to him after almost 20 years that he didn't even know those words!

Yeah, that's me sometimes. I'm not normally that oblivious 🤣, but there are more than a few songs that at some point or another I truly hear the words for the first time. Although no one else knows, I actually get embarrassed that I never really new the meaning of a song after finally truly hearing it.

JIMINYCR

Remain hopeful, strong and vigilant, doing what we need to do to make it through. We Will pass through this. Reach out to/ reconnect with family, friends, neighbors and those in need. We may need to isolate and quarantine but we do not need to be in this alone.
Disney Strong.
053cf3e97974c75c1bcd75e1aecf9821.jpg

eliza61nyc

If you have a job and health care.
And that pretty much is all of America.
Every tragedy we've endured unfortunately has those who suffer . Right now the small business owner is getting hammered, the poor guy who is a server is struggling.
But we will get through this 💪 just like we've endured other catastrophies

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Song from 1:40.

Kellie Coffey and Sam Greenaway (composer) performing 'We Go On' live, a day before the final RoE performance at EPCOT. Not a dry eye in the house.

I am not yet ready to listen to RoE outside of EPCOT yet, so I have actually never watched that video. In spite of the very message of We Go On, I feel that its final performance was the funeral rite of EPCOT Center. The song may have meaning outside of EPCOT, to some, I hope. But not so much for me. They are inextricably linked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom