We are staying at the Poly!

gooftroop5

In March we decided to take one more trip before our APs expired. I booked POR RGR for 8 nights in June. Well.....I've gone a little crazy and split our reservation today so we were staying at the Poly half of the trip! This is our 7th trip as a family and we are hooked on OKW, but wanted to try something new this trip.

So....tell me that I'm not going to regret splitting the ressie. Why does everyone love the Poly so much? :) Am I going to regret splitting a reservation and having to move mid-trip?

polymissy

Sounds like a great kind of monster to create! Haha.

Some of the buildings will be completed by then, but not all. You can request a specific building if you are concerned with the location, but it won't be guaranteed. We stayed in Tokelau when Hawaii was in full swing with its refurb and didn't have an issue even though it was right next door. By June, Hawaii, Samoa, Tokelau, Niue, Rarotonga are scheduled to be completed.

Upvote 0
I've moved mid-trip. I do NOT like it at all and chose not to do that any longer. I pick a hotel and stick with it. I want all relaxation and fun on my vacations - NO WORK! :)

But some people don't mind it as much. Hard to know which category you'll fit into. I hope you enjoy the switching.

The Poly s a nice hotel. Kind f romantic, especially at night. The EWP comes by, too, which is nice if you have a water view and can sit on your balcony and watch it. I don't know, exactly, why it is the favorite for so many people...but it really is!

Have a fun trip!
I've never done a split stay so maybe someone could correct me. I always thought that the resorts took care of moving your luggage from one place to the other. So essentially you could leave to go to the park from your first resort and then come home to the new place with everything already there waiting. Is it more just the packing of the suitcases again for the change over?

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

Original Poster
Ok all you Poly people....now that I've done the split I've got questions.

We drive to WDW so we typically drive to all of the parks. Now that we are staying at the Poly we won't have to drive to MK or Epcot. However, when do the monorails start and stop for the day? If we do evening EMH at MK we typically park at the CR (ssshhhhh, don't tell!) and walk so leaving is easy. I've read so many conflicting reports and I'm afraid it will take forever to get back to the Poly after evening EMH at MK or Epcot. Please help!

Upvote 0

farrellbarrel

I've never done a split but I have stayed at the Poly back in '09 and loved it!!! The theme is great. The grounds are amazing to walk around. 'Ohana, Kona and Captain Cook's are great places to eat. The monorail makes getting to MK and Epcot SO much easier. My mom says she found the rooms to be the biggest out of all the rooms we stayed at in WDW/DL. Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Ok all you Poly people....now that I've done the split I've got questions.

We drive to WDW so we typically drive to all of the parks. Now that we are staying at the Poly we won't have to drive to MK or Epcot. However, when do the monorails start and stop for the day? If we do evening EMH at MK we typically park at the CR (ssshhhhh, don't tell!) and walk so leaving is easy. I've read so many conflicting reports and I'm afraid it will take forever to get back to the Poly after evening EMH at MK or Epcot. Please help!

The monorails will be open at 7 a.m. and will be open an hour after park closure, including EMH.

Depending on your building location (Tahiti and Rapa Nui come to mind), it may be closer to walk to the TTC and catch the monorail to MK. And no matter what building we stay in, we always walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail, rather than catching it at the Poly and making the transfer once at the TTC.

The Poly also has boat service to the MK, which is a fun change. The boat goes directly to MK from the Poly, but stops first at the GF on the way back.

We always drive to DHS, AK and DTD from the Poly, as the buses to those parks share with other resorts.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I've never done a split stay so maybe someone could correct me. I always thought that the resorts took care of moving your luggage from one place to the other. So essentially you could leave to go to the park from your first resort and then come home to the new place with everything already there waiting. Is it more just the packing of the suitcases again for the change over?

You need to check in at the new resort, but I've never found that to be a problem.

Upvote 0

polymissy

Yes, Disney will handle your luggage for you, so your biggest inconvenience is really the packing. You can call bell services and they will come to your room and take the luggage. By mid-late afternoon, luggage is usually all relocated. When you arrive and check-in at your new resort, call bell services and let them know. They will bring your luggage directly to your room.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

In March we decided to take one more trip before our APs expired. I booked POR RGR for 8 nights in June. Well.....I've gone a little crazy and split our reservation today so we were staying at the Poly half of the trip! This is our 7th trip as a family and we are hooked on OKW, but wanted to try something new this trip.

So....tell me that I'm not going to regret splitting the ressie. Why does everyone love the Poly so much? :) Am I going to regret splitting a reservation and having to move mid-trip?
We LOVE the Poly (many years of memories there) and Congrats!! I honestly don't think you'll regret it at all. On your check out day from POR, pack up, enjoy a great breakfast, visit one of the parks and then take the monorail to your *new home* for a few nights!! Try to plan a night on the Poly beach during Wishes!! Who knows, maybe your next visit, you may decide to do another split stay. Its kind of a bit of excitement, during your excitement!! Have a great time!!!!

Upvote 0

tikiman

I told my hubby this morning and he was actually giddy! It was kind of fun to see! (Side note: I have the best hubby in the world. He lets me plan whatever I want and never questions about cost. I'm a college math instructor so he knows I'm pretty good with numbers. Ha ha!)

Anyway, we always drive to WDW. The day we move is our low-key day. We have 10:30 ressies at Tusker House and that's pretty much it. I'm thinking pack up the car in the morning, head to Tusker House, catch a few things at AK, and then head to the Poly.

Now my hubby wants to stay another night or two. I'm creating a monster. :p

And what is this I hear about rooms at the Poly undergoing a refurb? Anyone know if any will be finished by early June?

Depending on when you go and if they go past their estimated time to complete 3 longhouses could be closed while you are there.
Hawaii (club level only), Samoa, Tokelau (if it does not run over), Niue and Rarotonga will be open with the new rooms.
Aotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu will be closed (depending on your dates in June).
Tahiti and Rapa Nui will not have started yet.

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

Original Poster
Depending on when you go and if they go past their estimated time to complete 3 longhouses could be closed while you are there.
Hawaii (club level only), Samoa, Tokelau (if it does not run over), Niue and Rarotonga will be open with the new rooms.
Aotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu will be closed (depending on your dates in June).
Tahiti and Rapa Nui will not have started yet.

I've been checking out your unofficial site. ;)

We have POR reservations from May 31 - June 4 and Poly reservations from June 4 - 9. I think I will be happy with anything since this is our first visit. I like the idea of staying between the GCH and TTC so we can catch the resort monorail to MK and walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to EP.

I'm pretty sure after this trip we are going to be in some serious trouble. :p This was a spur of the moment, surprise the kids trip. We were suppose to be taking this summer off saving for our 2 week trip next summer. We love OKW and the Cabins at FW for the space, but if there is a good bounce-back offer.........oh, I hate to think what might happen! :D

Also, I just snuck in an ADR at Ohana! I've been stalking it for a few days waiting patiently.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I think you are totally going to regret it... JUST KIDDING! I think you'll have a fantastic time! The poly is wonderful and has great views of MK and the fireworks. I've always wanted to sit out one night and watch a movie poolside, see the electrical parade and the MK fireworks. It's a great hotel!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Well unless you have a major problem with dealing with awesomeness and then switching over to a few days of complete awesomeness, you should be pretty free of any regret.

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

Original Poster
Ok....have a question or actually questions. We've stayed on property 6 times, but this is the first time we've switch our reservation at the last minute. Mickey Mail came and had all of our original info. I wasn't expecting it to have been changed, but my questions.....

1. Will they send new Mickey Mail with the correct info or just not worry about it?
2. Since we split our stay does that actually count as 2 packages so we will get twice the vouchers?

Thanks! 26 days! WOOHOO!!!!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Gooftroop5, we are at the Poly now. Tokelau and Aotearoa are currently closed for refurbishment and will not be open in early June. Hawaii (club level), Samoa, Niue and Rarotonga have undergone the refurb and are open. The remaining longhouses still have the old decor.

Our room in Hawaii is gorgeous! The colors are much brighter, the linens are super soft and the mattresses are very comfy. Bathrooms now have dual sinks and are much better lit. Request a refurbished room, you won't regret it!

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Gooftroop5, we are at the Poly now. Tokelau and Aotearoa are currently closed for refurbishment and will not be open in early June. Hawaii (club level), Samoa, Niue and Rarotonga have undergone the refurb and are open. The remaining longhouses still have the old decor.

Our room in Hawaii is gorgeous! The colors are much brighter, the linens are super soft and the mattresses are very comfy. Bathrooms now have dual sinks and are much better lit. Request a refurbished room, you won't regret it!

Nice to hear about the love for the Polynesian... beautiful resort - glad to hear they are brightening up the rooms, I'd like to stay in Hawaii there... still stuck on a Grand Floridian kick though!

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

Original Poster

Great! Thanks for the update! I looked on tiki man's page and was trying to figure out which longhouse to request so we would get a refurbed one. I was hoping Tokelau would be finished as the schedule says May 25. I'll just wait a little closer to when we leave to check in and make my requests. :)

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom