We Are Creating a New Experience for You...

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
[Lights come up, TrevorA returns into the room]

TrevorA: Welcome back, Imagineers. I thank you for your patience and apologize for leaving you here in the dark. It seemed more dramatic to leave things as they were. Anywho, Happy May Day! I come, not with a basket of candies unfortunately, but with information. And, as we all know, information is power!

TrevorA: As you may or may not be aware of, we have been planning another Imagineering experience for the summer of 2010. We call it Project Sunshine. Further information on the name will be revealed as the calendar counts down to June. Project Sunshine will be unlike anything that the Imagineer staff has ever done before. You will be amazed, you will be astounded, you will be delighted.

TrevorA: Project Sunshine was created for all you aspiring Imagineers who would love nothing more than to play our Fall-Spring Competition, but are unable to commit - due to an absence of free time. We want as many people to play The Imagineer as possible, but sometimes things just don't work out. That's where this new concept comes in. Project Sunshine is less of a commitment as The Imagineer, and much more oriented as an object of amusement and leisure - in my opinion, at least.

TrevorA: Keep watching for future announcements, we don't want you to miss out on our newest creation.

[TrevorA exits, leaving the door open this time]

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
[Unknown custodial employee stumbles upon room. Pastes large poster on the wall, then exits.]

Poster: Attention Imagineers, our first major reveal of Project Sunshine will be tomorrow - May 7th. Stay tuned!

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
[TrevorA enters the room. He notices something on the ground. He picks up an alarm clock taped to two road flares, and discards it. TrevorA turns to address the audience.]

TrevorA: Hello again, my friends. Today is a very special day. We are finally revealing the summer project for all you TI fans. I would like to turn this next part over to our mutual friend, The Big, Booming, Narrator Voice from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth....

[TrevorA exits the stage. The lights dim, a film projector begins playing. TBBNVfI:RoE begins to speak.]

Coming June 1st, 2010.

The Imagineer Presents a WDWMagic forum competition:

THE LEAGUE OF DREAMERS

[Applause. TrevorA returns to the stage]

Thanks Big, Booming, Narrator Voice from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. So, League of Dreamers. Sounds pretty excititng, eh? Here's the deal: this game is way different from The Imagineer. An innocent bystander may not even know that the two are related. You all are going to need to be informed on how LoD will play. Which leads me to my next surprise. Will you all please give a warm welcome to the newest addition to our summer staff - MANEATINGWREATH!

[Applause. Front lights go down and backlights go up.TrevorA remains on the stage alone. Someone runs to the stage.]

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1851/159fantasia1940.jpg

[Mickey exits. Lights come up.]

TrevorA: It seems I have spoken too soon. MEW is currently unavailable, but he will be here as soon as he can. In the meantime, let me make my final statement. The League of Dreamers is a team game. Unlike TI, however, there is no limit to the amount of teams in the game, though there may only be five active players per team. We will allow you to sign up with a team, but only if you have a complete roster (5 active players, optional alternates). Otherwise, you may sign up individually, and we will put you on a team. Requests as to which players you would like to play with will be accepted as well.

TrevorA: Now, we can only wait for MEW to explain the game, and we can get on a roll. Please mingle amongst yourselves.

[House lights come up. TrevorA exits the stage.]

---TrevorA

MANEATINGWREATH

Greetings

(There is a tremendous explosion, plunging the theater into darkness. Everyone screams in terror as they sit in the pitch black room. Suddenly thorny vines begin to crawl up the audiences' legs as a huge grunting sound comes from the shadow-engulfed stage. A single spotlight turns on to reveal a giant, monstrous man-eating Christmas wreath, otherwise known as MANEATINGWREATH. He grins his fangs and makes his yellow cat-like eyes glow as he constricts the audience to their seats. He suddenly begins to speak, which is odd for a plant to do)

MEW: Hello everyone, my name is MEW and I am pleased to join the crew of the Imagineer for this summer's League of Dreamers competition.

Last summer around this time (Maybe a little bit later) I created the League of Dreamers after really getting into the current (At the time) season of Big Brother. I wanted to create a new experience for the Imagineering world where they could get together and become a family, sort of like how the Big Brother people do it. So I thought it would be neat to create a kind of reality-game show-type thing where Imagineers of all shapes and sizes would get together and create a Disney theme park. From then on they would go out and...what is that?

(Suddenly MEW's grass-entwined jaw drops to the floor. He slithers away and releases the audience as he runs away screaming. Everyone looks to the back and sees nothing. MEW pokes his head out from a stage left and shouts)

MEW: To be continued tomorrow, once that thing leaves!

(But what exactly is that thing that he's talking about?)

ScorpionX

(There is a tremendous explosion, plunging the theater into darkness. Everyone screams in terror as they sit in the pitch black room. Suddenly thorny vines begin to crawl up the audiences' legs as a huge grunting sound comes from the shadow-engulfed stage. A single spotlight turns on to reveal a giant, monstrous man-eating Christmas wreath, otherwise known as MANEATINGWREATH. He grins his fangs and makes his yellow cat-like eyes glow as he constricts the audience to their seats. He suddenly begins to speak, which is odd for a plant to do)

MEW: Hello everyone, my name is MEW and I am pleased to join the crew of the Imagineer for this summer's League of Dreamers competition.

Last summer around this time (Maybe a little bit later) I created the League of Dreamers after really getting into the current (At the time) season of Big Brother. I wanted to create a new experience for the Imagineering world where they could get together and become a family, sort of like how the Big Brother people do it. So I thought it would be neat to create a kind of reality-game show-type thing where Imagineers of all shapes and sizes would get together and create a Disney theme park. From then on they would go out and...what is that?

(Suddenly MEW's grass-entwined jaw drops to the floor. He slithers away and releases the audience as he runs away screaming. Everyone looks to the back and sees nothing. MEW pokes his head out from a stage left and shouts)

MEW: To be continued tomorrow, once that thing leaves!

(But what exactly is that thing that he's talking about?)
I do not know.
(Kermitdefrog is seen eating a Big Mac.)

MANEATINGWREATH

(MEW returns back to the stage)

MEW: Sorry about that I saw the gardeners outside and became nervous. Anyways back to my introduction to the game.

Everything you really need to know about this can be found here:

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/f60/league-dreamers-imagineering-contest-26519/

However we will be making several changes to the style of game-play. However more information on this will be released later! Now you must sit and wait until the sign-ups begin! As for now enjoy this footage of a shrimp on a treadmill. Until we meet again...yours' truly: MANEATINGWREATH.

(MEW leaves, the lights go out, and a projector flashes on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY

MaterA113

(Not positive) but i think they are after the Final Project of the Imagineer... but dont quote me as im not positive... im just a judge on this ride :)

As i plan Season 3 of The Imagineer!

ScorpionX

(MEW returns back to the stage)

MEW: Sorry about that I saw the gardeners outside and became nervous. Anyways back to my introduction to the game.

Everything you really need to know about this can be found here:

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/f60/league-dreamers-imagineering-contest-26519/

However we will be making several changes to the style of game-play. However more information on this will be released later! Now you must sit and wait until the sign-ups begin! As for now enjoy this footage of a shrimp on a treadmill. Until we meet again...yours' truly: MANEATINGWREATH.

(MEW leaves, the lights go out, and a projector flashes on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY

I could not access Visions Fantastic because I was banned from it.

MANEATINGWREATH

League of Dreamers

Sorry Kermit I forgot about that issue. I'll just copy and paste the big intro I had over there and put it over here.

"Out of pure boredom I've decided to make my own Imagineering contest, only this will be structured a little different than the other contests on this site, sort of like the show Big Brother and the Next Food Network Star.

Once I've gathered up a bunch of contestants you will all join each other on one single team. As a team your goal is to create a new Disneyland-style park for an undetermined location. You will design all the classic lands including Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Toontown, and Tomorrowland. But you must all work together on everything you do, and agree on everything you do. Once you have all finished the land (Ridethroughs, restaurants, etc.) and agreed on it one hundred percent, or at least ninety percent, you will present your land to me. I will be playing the role of CEO, and if I approve it you move on to the next land. If I don't you start over. Pretend I'm the CEO of Disney and you're the Imagineers trying to design a new park for me. It's as simple as that. At the end of every land all the contestants will PM me, and me only, who they think contributed the least to the project, and who was the most difficult to work with. Now when this happens please be kind with your words just explain to me why you think that certain person contributed the least. Whoever gets the most "votes" will be eliminated from that round, never to return to the contest. Did I forget to mention the Head Imagineer? The Head Imagineer will head each land when it is their turn, leading the team in brainstorming and approving attractions and whatnot. Kind of like the big guy in charge, a smaller CEO if you will. Did I mention that the Head Imagineer is immune to being evicted? That's right if you become head you're safe for that round. The only problem is, the next round you are immune to become Head Imagineer. You have to wait until the round after that to become head again. The way you become Head Imagineer is by getting the highest score on an extremely difficult Disney-based quiz held before each round. Sound good? As the contest progresses and we reach the final round (Tomorrowland) we should be left with only two contestants, the rest having been evicted. There will be no quiz before this round as it would not be fair to have one person be immune and the other being vulnerable. Instead there will be two contestants, struggling to bring the final land together. Rather than having those two PM me to tell me which other should be evicted, those whom have already been booted out would come back to our "live" event. Here they would talk about their experiences and give their own critique on what they thought of the final land. I will also grade all the lands just to let you know. At the end of the event, all the evictees will PM which of the two people they think should win. Based on that and my own honest opinion, one of those two people will win. They will be marked as the champion and be given the prize of a virtual congratulations and handshake. The champion will also be able to choose the big project for the next League of Dreamers contest if this goes any further into the future. Please respond folks, I'm really excited about this."

However we are making several changes to this style of game-play, so don't think we are doing a carbon copy of what you just saw.

ScorpionX

Sorry Kermit I forgot about that issue. I'll just copy and paste the big intro I had over there and put it over here.

"Out of pure boredom I've decided to make my own Imagineering contest, only this will be structured a little different than the other contests on this site, sort of like the show Big Brother and the Next Food Network Star.

Once I've gathered up a bunch of contestants you will all join each other on one single team. As a team your goal is to create a new Disneyland-style park for an undetermined location. You will design all the classic lands including Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Toontown, and Tomorrowland. But you must all work together on everything you do, and agree on everything you do. Once you have all finished the land (Ridethroughs, restaurants, etc.) and agreed on it one hundred percent, or at least ninety percent, you will present your land to me. I will be playing the role of CEO, and if I approve it you move on to the next land. If I don't you start over. Pretend I'm the CEO of Disney and you're the Imagineers trying to design a new park for me. It's as simple as that. At the end of every land all the contestants will PM me, and me only, who they think contributed the least to the project, and who was the most difficult to work with. Now when this happens please be kind with your words just explain to me why you think that certain person contributed the least. Whoever gets the most "votes" will be eliminated from that round, never to return to the contest. Did I forget to mention the Head Imagineer? The Head Imagineer will head each land when it is their turn, leading the team in brainstorming and approving attractions and whatnot. Kind of like the big guy in charge, a smaller CEO if you will. Did I mention that the Head Imagineer is immune to being evicted? That's right if you become head you're safe for that round. The only problem is, the next round you are immune to become Head Imagineer. You have to wait until the round after that to become head again. The way you become Head Imagineer is by getting the highest score on an extremely difficult Disney-based quiz held before each round. Sound good? As the contest progresses and we reach the final round (Tomorrowland) we should be left with only two contestants, the rest having been evicted. There will be no quiz before this round as it would not be fair to have one person be immune and the other being vulnerable. Instead there will be two contestants, struggling to bring the final land together. Rather than having those two PM me to tell me which other should be evicted, those whom have already been booted out would come back to our "live" event. Here they would talk about their experiences and give their own critique on what they thought of the final land. I will also grade all the lands just to let you know. At the end of the event, all the evictees will PM which of the two people they think should win. Based on that and my own honest opinion, one of those two people will win. They will be marked as the champion and be given the prize of a virtual congratulations and handshake. The champion will also be able to choose the big project for the next League of Dreamers contest if this goes any further into the future. Please respond folks, I'm really excited about this."

However we are making several changes to this style of game-play, so don't think we are doing a carbon copy of what you just saw.
Define "extremely difficult Disney-based quiz." Does that mean you will ask stuff about Davy Crockett and other Vault Disney, or will it be hard for you, but easy for everyone else?

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^The quizzes will be obscure information about all things Disney; you will need to remember your thinking caps.

I would like to point out one of the biggest changes of the League of Dreamers in the original incarnation to this, in that there will be no eliminations. You heard me right, no eliminations. We want to be able to cater to as many people on this forum as we can, and many folks cannot commit to a competition where your neck is always on the line. The League of Dreamers will consist of teams of five active players (plus extra players for substituting, only five may play at a time, though), and we will have as many teams as we get players. Each team will complete each section of the Magic Kingdom-style theme park, all the way to the end. At the end of the summer, we will choose our favorite park overall, and that team will be the winner. So, we will still have winners, but we won't have to get rid of the losers.

More information to follow. Post with any questions, and keep checking back for the finalization of our sign-up starting date.

Don't forget to gather your friends together if you want to be on a team!

---TrevorA

Fractal514

I bumped too many threads. I thought it would be a trip down Memory Lane for the people there. Instead, they though of it as if I was the CEO of Nickelodeon, and I canceled Spongebob Squarepants.
:fork::mad:

So like, how many is too many? Did they warn you? I mean, that explanation makes it sound like the SS is running that site.

Disneyson 1

Disneyson 1: But... but... I WANNA JUDGE TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaah- hh-- h!!!! AHHH!!!

(MEW's vines wrap around Disneyson's legs, he's dragged toward the mouth of MEW!)

Disneyson 1: AHHHHHHH!!!!

MANEATINGWREATH

(With a tremendous chomp and gulp, Disneyson is gone with a single bite. MEW happily dabs his foliage-lips and swings off to cause trouble elsewhere. Little did he know that he only ate the bizarre evil twin of Disneyson)

Disneyson: Say now where did my evil twin go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom