WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

CarlaM

In case anyone cares to see...I made my older one a Maleficent bday cake last week. It's not nearly as clean as I'd like it, but that's what happens when someone changes the theme with less than a week warning and asks for something that should have had at least 3 weeks of prep time. Still not bad for the limited prep time and it stays with my "it must all be edible" rule.

28909373392_d200d50309_z.jpg

28909373502_92d10e00e6_z.jpg

29014204475_987be3b612_z.jpg

29014204175_8b35cd3d43_z.jpg

29014204345_783e18839e_z.jpg

Like I said, kind of sloppy from the rushing, but not bad either. It's a banana pound cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream under the thorny vines.

This looks great!

21stamps

In case anyone cares to see...I made my older one a Maleficent bday cake last week. It's not nearly as clean as I'd like it, but that's what happens when someone changes the theme with less than a week warning and asks for something that should have had at least 3 weeks of prep time. Still not bad for the limited prep time and it stays with my "it must all be edible" rule.

28909373392_d200d50309_z.jpg

28909373502_92d10e00e6_z.jpg

29014204475_987be3b612_z.jpg

29014204175_8b35cd3d43_z.jpg

29014204345_783e18839e_z.jpg

Like I said, kind of sloppy from the rushing, but not bad either. It's a banana pound cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream under the thorny vines.
Amazing!!!!!!! Job Well Done!

How far do you live from me? Can you be my new cake person? Please?!!?!

lindz518

Hi!
I am looking at doing a cake at Cinderella's Royal Table? My understanding is that if I want a "princess-y", tiered, fondant cake I need to do one of the ones that would be included in the package? A fancy, fondant, custom mini cake would not be an option there? If so, which of the these cakes would be my best option if we actually love fondant: Anna and Elsa, Ariel, or Rapunzel? I cant tell if they are mostly fondant or not. Has anyone gotten these and can tell me if they all have a lot of fondant?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hi!
I am looking at doing a cake at Cinderella's Royal Table? My understanding is that if I want a "princess-y", tiered, fondant cake I need to do one of the ones that would be included in the package? A fancy, fondant, custom mini cake would not be an option there? If so, which of the these cakes would be my best option if we actually love fondant: Anna and Elsa, Ariel, or Rapunzel? I cant tell if they are mostly fondant or not. Has anyone gotten these and can tell me if they all have a lot of fondant?

I personally haven't ordered one, but I can tell you what I know. You don't have to do the package cakes to get a princess themed cake, but if you want something tiered, it may be the best bang for the buck. The bakery may be willing to do a mini wedding cake themed after a certain princess and do it in buttercream, but it's smaller cake... so they might limit you with decor options. Now, if you do love fondant (which I do too), I believe the package cakes are fondant covered. I also think Disney's fondant is decent...good flavor (not waxy) and decent mouth feel (doesn't have the peanut butter effect some have).

Not sure when your trip is, but they will stop offering cakes in MK mid December 2016, so hopefully your trip is prior to this date.

Kate Alan

Just ordered a cake for one of my trips later this year. I had read in another thread on this site that the TiW discount is applied to the cake, as it appears on the overall restaurant bill. However, that thread is three years old at this point, and I wanted to make sure they didn't close that loophole. Anyone know if that's still the case?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Just ordered a cake for one of my trips later this year. I had read in another thread on this site that the TiW discount is applied to the cake, as it appears on the overall restaurant bill. However, that thread is three years old at this point, and I wanted to make sure they didn't close that loophole. Anyone know if that's still the case?

As far as I know, the TiW discount still applies to cakes, but I believe it has to be delivered to a restaurant and included in your bill. Back in July, we had one delivered to the Poly, but the GF bakery charges in advance if it's not delivered to a GF restaurant. My parents are TiW members and were covering the bill, but it didn't cover the cake since I had to pay in advance.

Kate Alan

s far as I know, the TiW discount still applies to cakes, but I believe it has to be delivered to a restaurant and included in your bill. Back in July, we had one delivered to the Poly, but the GF bakery charges in advance if it's not delivered to a GF restaurant. My parents are TiW members and were covering the bill, but it didn't cover the cake since I had to pay in advance.

Great, thanks. We were already told that it will be included in our dining bill, so it should apply in that case. Yay!

alissafalco

Hi, If I want to order a cake to Yak & Yeti is says this:
  • Yak & Yeti offers only all-chocolate or all-vanilla cakes in 6 inches for $23, 8 inches for $35, 10 inches for $49, and 12 inches for $52
What do these cakes look like? Are there any pics on here of what they are talking about?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hi, If I want to order a cake to Yak & Yeti is says this:
  • Yak & Yeti offers only all-chocolate or all-vanilla cakes in 6 inches for $23, 8 inches for $35, 10 inches for $49, and 12 inches for $52
What do these cakes look like? Are there any pics on here of what they are talking about?

Sorry, I've been swamped with things of late and haven't been able to log in. I have not seen any of these cakes. The best bet would be reaching out to them and seeing if they can email a picture.

CarlaM

IMG_4311.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG
Hey all!

I sent this sketch to the bakers at Hollywood Studios back in April. I've been a nervous wreck because I didn't think they would make it the way I envisioned it. They made it perfectly and it tasted great. I was quoted $175 but it was $150. They really brought my vision to life. It was vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Everyone at Hollywood & Vine loved it and so did my ds and family. I'll upload a picture of the back in a day. Just thought I'd share.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
View attachment 168974 View attachment 168969 View attachment 168970 Hey all!

I sent this sketch to the bakers at Hollywood Studios back in April. I've been a nervous wreck because I didn't think they would make it the way I envisioned it. They made it perfectly and it tasted great. I was quoted $175 but it was $150. They really brought my vision to life. It was vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Everyone at Hollywood & Vine loved it and so did my ds and family. I'll upload a picture of the back in a day. Just thought I'd share.

OMG!!! LOVE the cake!!! Even better that it came in under the quote. So great to see the DHS bakery going beyond basic cakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom