WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
ALERT- I am no longer updating the cake ordering information. Please refer to the Travel Babble link below for more current ordering information.

Welcome to WDWMAGIC’s Official CAKE TALK!!!!

The ‘how to’ information is from Carrie/Lurkyloo’s site (http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/). While the main focus here will be ordering cakes from WDW (from help with the process to design and more), we also invite you to share non-WDW made Disney cakes, as those can be great cake inspirations.

SEE PAGE 38 for Updated Info as of 4/21/2015

When posting WDW-made cake pics, please make sure to list the following:
·Price
·Date Received
·Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc.
·Any other special details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAQ

How do I order a cake at ______________ ?Call the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253 (Alternately, please refer to the resort/park specific contact inforamtion in post 2).
Can I get a cake delivered to my room?

At resorts that offer Private Dining, yes. For any other resort, follow the prompts on the Cake Hotline to speak with someone at your resort about the availability of delivery.
Can I pick up a cake somewhere?
Only the BoardWalk Bakery offers the option to pick up a cake, and only with at least 48 hours’ notice (standard 6-inch cakes like those available at restaurant podiums can be purchased with no notice). If you’re staying at a resort that gets its cakes from BoardWalk Bakery, you can pick up a custom cake at the resort food court or restaurant by placing the order with the resort via the Cake Hotline.
Can I get a cake at Downtown Disney?
Captain Jack’s is the only Disney-owned restaurant at Downtown Disney and therefore the only choice available through the Cake Hotline. However, the Yacht & Beach Club bakery has been known to make arrangements to deliver a cake to most locations at Downtown Disney—call 407-934-3105 to see if this service is still available.
When should I order my cake?
No more than 3 weeks ahead and no less than 48 hours ahead. Some locations require 72 hours’ notice.
What size cake do I need for my group?
  • 6-inch serves 5
  • 8-inch serves 8
  • 10-inch serves 16
  • Mickey Mouse cake serves 10–12
  • 1/4 sheet cake serves 25
  • 1/2 sheet cake serves 50
  • Sheet cake serves 100
Do I need to bring my own candles?
No. Disney’s table-service restaurants provide candles upon request.
What flavors are available?
Options vary by location, but there is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. See the Disney Cakes by Location area or call the Cake Hotline to speak to someone about the options where you are staying or dining.
What if I want red velvet/carrot cake/something besides chocolate or vanilla?
Most bakeries have limited flavor options, but Deluxe resort bakeries can accommodate certain special requests. Your best bet is to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian, whose bakery is responsible for most of the wedding cakes on property. This is a list of flavors for wedding cakes from the Grand Floridian—guests have had varying degrees of success getting non-wedding cakes made in these:
Wedding Cake Flavors
  • Yellow
  • Chocolate
  • Marble
  • Carrot
  • Red Velvet
  • Lemon
  • Orange
  • Almond
Wedding Cake Fillings
  • White Chocolate Mousse
  • Dark Chocolate Mousse
  • Milk Chocolate Mousse
  • Raspberry Mousse
  • Orange White Chocolate Mousse
  • Orange Milk Chocolate Mousse
  • Amaretto Mousse
  • Amaretto Mousse with Almond Crunch
  • Strawberry Mousse
  • Passion Fruit Mousse
  • Tropical Mousse (pineapple, passion fruit-mango, and lime mixed)
  • German Chocolate
  • Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse
  • Buttercream
  • Cream Cheese
  • Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
  • Peanut Butter Cup (dark chocolate and peanut butter cream cheese mousses layered together)
  • Bavarian Cream
  • Bailey’s Mousse
  • Blackberry Mousse
  • Lemon Mousse
  • Mocha Mousse
  • Fresh Strawberries
  • Fresh Raspberries
  • White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
  • Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
  • Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
  • Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
  • Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
  • Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Where can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cakes
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas (no mini cakes)
  • Art of Animation Resort (made by Yacht & Beach Club)
  • BoardWalk Inn & Villas
  • Caribbean Beach (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower
  • Downtown Disney (call Private Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club)
  • Epcot (Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Le Cellier only; call Private Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club)
  • Fort Wilderness (call Private Dining at the Contemporary)
  • Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Magic Kingdom (call Private Dining at the Contemporary)
  • Old Key West (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Pop Century (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Polynesian Resort (call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian)
  • Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Wilderness Lodge (call Private Dining at the Contemporary)
  • Yacht & Beach Club & Villas
Can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake in a theme park?
Only at the Magic Kingdom’s restaurants (Be Our Guest excluded) and at Coral Reef, Garden Grill or Le Cellier in Epcot. For the Magic Kingdom, place your order through Private Dining at the Contemporary Resort: 407-824-2955. For Epcot, place your order through Private Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club: 407-934-3105
I got married at Walt Disney World. How do I get a re-creation of the top layer of our wedding cake?
Contact Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. If your wedding was in the last five years, they can access your BEO to get an exact description of the cake. Otherwise, you can submit photos to help them replicate your cake. Alternatively, BoardWalk Bakery can replicate any of the standard Escape Collection cake designs.
Is the frosting buttercream or whipped cream?
Standard 6-inch cakes are frosted in buttercream, while custom-ordered cakes may be available in a choice of buttercream or whipped cream. The exception: Cakes served at restaurants supplied by Epcot’s bakery are frosted in whipped cream. For a list of Epcot restaurants NOT supplied by Epcot’s bakery, see the Disney Cake Options by location section.
I don’t like the taste of fondant but I want an elaborate cake. What should I do?
Disney’s cakes come with a layer of buttercream underneath the fondant and can be served with the fondant removed. You can also specify whether you want vanilla or chocolate buttercream underneath the fondant.
Which characters can I get on my cake?
Any character from the extended Disney family (Muppets, Pixar, Disney Junior, et al.) except Winnie the Pooh & Friends. (Note: Awareness of this rule varies, so if you want Pooh, it never hurts to ask and recent copyright concerns may present some limitations.) Characters cannot be sculpted 3-D, they must be rendered as a flat screen print directly on the cake or on a standing piece of white chocolate. The exceptions are the white chocolate character statues available for an additional charge at certain Deluxe resorts. Alternatively, you may be able to work with the bakery to provide your own plastic figurines to be placed on the cake.
Which white chocolate characters are available?
In general, white chocolate characters are only available at the locations that offer fancy, fondant-covered cakes. Prices are $15–$65, depending on size and resort, and figures can be fully painted for an additional charge. The selection varies by location, with the Grand Floridian offering the widest variety. Check with the bakery at the resort where you want to order the character.
  • Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinker Bell
  • Peter Pan
  • Stitch
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Anniversary Mickey & Minnie
  • Dark chocolate 3-inch Mickey or Minnie
Can I get a cake shaped like something besides a circle or a square?
The Grand Floridian is your best bet for a specially shaped cake, although the Contemporary and the Yacht & Beach Club may be able to do certain styles.

Can I send in a picture of what I want?
Once you make contact with a Disney cast member through the Cake Hotline or the resort cake number, you can work with him or her to e-mail photos/sketches to the pastry chef.

Where can I get a mini cake?
The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club and BoardWalk Inn or any location serviced by these bakeries. The mini-castle cake, a specific style of mini cake, is available only at restaurants and resorts serviced by the Grand Floridian and Contemporary bakeries

Where can I get the chocolate Cinderella Slipper Dessert?
The Cinderella Slipper Dessert is available at the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary Resort, and Cinderella’s Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. It is usually white chocolate, but Cinderella’s Royal Table occasionally offers it in milk chocolate.

What if someone in my party has dietary restrictions?
In general, Disney will do its best to accommodate dietary restrictions like allergies, but it’s best to call to find out your options. All Disney-owned restaurants offer a vegan, “allergen-free” cake in chocolate or vanilla for $29; however, it does have some allergen cross contamination risks. Alternatively, vegan bakery Babycakes NYC at Downtown Disney delivers two-layer 6-inch cakes (serves 8–10) to restaurants on Disney property. Call 855-462-2292 at least one week in advance to order. Babycakes offers gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free, casein-free, egg-free, vegan and kosher baked goods.

Will the restaurant hold my leftover cake until the end of the night?
Disney’s official policy forbids this as a food-safety precaution; however, you can always ask.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
!!! SEE PG 38 FOR UPDATED INFO !!!
CAKES BY LOCATION

All-Star Resorts — 407-827-2253
  • 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $30 white, chocolate, yellow or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 1/2 sheet cake $65, same options as 12-inch cake
  • Full sheet cake $130, same options as 12-inch cake
Animal Kingdom — 407-938-2828
  • Tusker House cakes come from Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ bakery. See Hollywood Studios for options, but call Tusker House at 407-938-2828 to order
  • Yak & Yeti offers only all-chocolate or all-vanilla cakes in 6 inches for $21, 8 inches for $32, 10 inches for $45, and 12 inches for $50
  • Cakes are not available elsewhere in Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 407-938-4720
  • 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 6-inch $32 custom vanilla or chocolate cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $45 custom cake, same options as 6-inch custom cake
  • Zebra Cake $40 (serves 10): Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and light and dark chocolate ganache zebra stripes
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75 and must be 10 inches or larger; additional flavors may be available. Private dining may be able to pick up cakes made by other Disney resort bakeries
Art of Animation Resort - 407-938-3686
  • 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • All other options same as Yacht & Beach Club; place order through Art of Animation at 407-938-3686
Bay Lake Tower
See Contemporary Resort

BoardWalk Inn - 407-939-5175

• 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $32 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen print costs $30
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $30
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available
Caribbean Beach - 407-934-2830
Serviced by BoardWalk Bakery—see Boardwalk Inn for options. Place order through Shutters at Old Port Royale. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Contemporary Resort - 407-824-2955

• 8-inch $32, same options
  • Screen print costs $15–$30
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. ***As of February 2014, the Contemporary will no longer do custom decorations for these cakes. Mickey Delight is the only decoration option.
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available
Coronado Springs — 407-827-2253
Cake flavors are chocolate with chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hours’ notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Cake sizes are

• 4-person $20 square cake
  • 5–8-person $30 rectangular cake
  • 10-person $40 round cake
  • 12–16-person $50 rectangular cake
Downtown Disney — 407-827-2253
For standard cakes, Captain Jack’s (closing) is the only Disney-owned restaurant, and its cakes come from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. See Hollywood Studios for more information; place order through Captain Jack’s. In the past, fancy, fondant-covered cakes have been delivered to Downtown Disney restaurants by the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery; call to check availability.

Epcot - 407-560-6395
Fancy, fondant-covered cakes
and mini cakes can be delivered to the following restaurants by the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery: Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Le Cellier. Only standard cakes are available at Epcot’s other restaurants.
For standard cakes, the following information is for all restaurants supplied by Epcot’s bakery.

• 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and screen-printed chocolate disk décor; no personalization
  • 8-inch $32 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by an outside vendor are detailed below. If you don’t see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it’s serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

*Note- no information posted at this time for Monsieur Paul. You may want to see if the Bistro de Paris/Chefs de France information works there.

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France — 407-827-5032, ext. 110
  • 6-inch $21 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $45 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit
Nine Dragons — 407-827-8781 ext. 14
  • 6-inch $21 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $34 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $48 cake, same options
Restaurant Marrakesh — 407-827-5322 ext. 16
  • 6-inch $21 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 6-inch
San Angel Inn & La Hacienda de San Angel — 407-842-1107
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print
Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining — 407-827-8773
  • 6-inch $21 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print
Tutto Italia & Via Napoli — 407-560-8040
  • 8-inch $32 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options as 8-inch
Fort Wilderness Resort - 407-824-2090
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Contemporary: 407-824-2955; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
Grand Floridian Resort - 407-824-1951
  • 6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream ($28 at Victoria & Albert’s; flavors same as 8-inch cake)
  • 8-inch $32 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting ($35 at Victoria & Albert’s)
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, custard with strawberries, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mini cake with white chocolate castle topper comes in chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse, yellow cake with white chocolate mousse or cheesecake for $30; other styles of one- and two-tier mini cakes are available at $35 and up and serve two
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors are available
Hollywood Studios — 407-827-2253
  • 10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger at no extra charge
Magic Kingdom - 407-827-2253 magickingdomcakes@disney.com
Beginning December 15, 2016- custom cakes will NO LONGER be available at Magic Kingdom resaurants

• Screen print costs $15–$30
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15 and can only be served at Cinderella’s Royal Table
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered for any table service restaurant by calling Private Dining at the Contemporary: 407-824-2955 -prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2. *See mini cake limitations under the Contemporary bakery section.
Be Our Guest Restaurant — WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com
·At this time, only the basic cakes are guaranteed to be available at Be Our Guest. The restaurant doesn’t have room to store very elaborate cakes, so requests for these are being evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Contact WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com to determine whether your order can be accommodated.

Old Key West - 407-827-1818
·Serviced by BoardWalk Bakery—see Boardwalk Inn for options. Place order through Olivia’s by calling 407-827-1818. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Polynesian Resort - 407-824-2165

• 10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
Pop Century Resort - 407-938-4590
  • All other options same as Boardwalk Inn; place order through Pop Century at 407-938-4590 for delivery to food court or your room.
Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside — 407-934-5822
·Serviced by BoardWalk Bakery—see Boardwalk Inn for options. Place order through Port Orleans at 407-934-5822 and pick up cake at food court or restaurant.

Saratoga Springs Resort - 407-827-4005
·Serviced by BoardWalk Bakery—see Boardwalk Inn for options. Place order at 407-827-4005 and pick up cake at The Artist’s Palette.

Wilderness Lodge - 407-824-2090

• No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Contemporary: 407-824-2955; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
Yacht & Beach Club - 407-934-3105
  • 8-inch $32 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $45 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $30
Ordering from an Outside Bakery
The bakeries listed below are the 4 most commonly used offsite bakeries for WDW.

Anna Cakes

Bake Me a Cake
It's Tasty Too
Sprinkles
Most people use outside bakeries if they’re looking for more elaborate customized cakes that go beyond the WDW limitations. Sculpted cakes, edible figures, and other specialty aspects can greatly increase the cost of these cakes. Outside bakeries typically charge a per-cake delivery fee (avg $20).
If you’ve got a car, some people prefer to drive to the nearest Publix for a cake from their bakery. The cakes are visually on par with the more basic WDW cakes, but tend to get higher marks when it comes to taste and are usually cheaper too.

How do I order a cake at Disneyland?Disneyland has a much smaller operation, with one central bakery that makes the cakes for all the resorts and full-service restaurants in the parks. They only offer 6-inch cakes ($33) or 10-inch cakes ($52), along with quarter ($67), half ($92) and full ($132) sheet cakes. A 19% service charge is added for cakes delivered to Disney resort rooms. Disney requires 48 hours’ notice for all custom cakes.

• Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet or carrot
  • Filling Flavors: vanilla custard, cream cheese (red velvet cake only), whipped cream, white or dark chocolate mousse or chocolate ganache
  • Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream, chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse
To place an order if you are staying at a Disney resort, call 1-714-300-7526 and select Option #2. To place an order if you are not staying at a Disney resort, call Disney Dining at 1-714-781-3463.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
TYPES OF CAKES
Fancy Fondant-Covered Cakes & Mini Cakes

If you’re looking for an elaborate fondant-covered cake, a mini cake, or cakes in nonstandard flavors, only the bakeries at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the Contemporary Resort, BoardWalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Yacht & Beach Club offer these, and only BoardWalk Bakery will let you pick up a cake. Note: The bakery at Animal Kingdom Lodge will not make mini cakes or fancy fondant cakes smaller than 10 inches.
However, if you’re staying or dining at the Polynesian Resort, you can get a fancy cake by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. For fancy cakes at the Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness, call Private Dining at the Contemporary. For fancy cakes at Epcot’s Coral Reef, Garden Grill or Le Cellier, call Private Dining at the Yacht & Beach Club. Fancy cakes are also available at Caribbean Beach, Old Key West, Pop Century, and Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, which are serviced by BoardWalk Bakery, and at Art of Animation, which is serviced by the Yacht & Beach Club. For these resorts, call the Cake Hotline and follow the prompts for your resort to place your order. You can pick up your cake at the restaurant or food court; many resorts will even deliver it to your room.
At this time, Disney has no email address you can write to with a cake inquiry, and there is no Disney-run web site showing cake options and prices. When ordering a fancy custom cake, you may run into difficulty with Private Dining cast members who are not aware of the bakery’s capabilities. Politely ask to speak to the pastry chef directly so that you can get the official word on cake options.
Cinderella's Royal Table Princess Package

!!!SEE PAGE 40 FOR UPDATED INFORMATION!!!

Price: $90 plus tax and gratuity ($112.05 total)

What's Included:
· Pixie dust on the table
· Princess balloon with Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, Belle and Jasmine (value: $10)
· Fancy, fondant-covered vanilla or chocolate cake featuring Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Tiana, or Ariel (6-inch cake, feeds 5–7, according to Disney; value: $60)
· Name on the cake
· Barrette-style crystal tiara (value: $20; full-size tiara available for an additional $17 + tax and gratuity)

Rules:
· Theme park admission required
· CRT reservation required
· Princesses will visit table but cannot present the package/cake
· CRT will not store your cake after you get it
· You can swap the 6-inch cake for an 8-inch (+ $15) or a 10-inch (+ $40); just know that Disney underestimates the number of guests their cakes can serve. A 6-inch may serve as many as 10 if you cut the pieces smaller.
· You can also swap the cake for a $12.50 white or dark chocolate slipper dessert.
How to Order: Email wdw.crt.special.events@disney.com or call 407-824-4477

They will send you a 4-page PDF with info about the package. Here are the pages with the photos on them:

CRTPrincessPkg2.jpg

CRTPrincesPkg1.jpg

Disney Restaurant Podium Cakes
If you’re OK with a simple supermarket-style cake in vanilla or chocolate, you can get one just by asking at the podium when you check in for your reservation at any Disney restaurant except Victoria & Albert’s. These 6-inch cakes serve 5 and cost $21 plus tax.
Basic Custom Cakes
With 48 hours’ notice, most restaurants also offer basic custom cakes in larger sizes and a limited range of flavors with basic decorations. If an 8-inch cake is offered, it will be available in chocolate or vanilla and cost $32–$35 (serves 8). Ordering a 10-inch cake ($45, serves 16) will get you more flavor choices—usually vanilla, chocolate or marble cake filled with vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, or raspberry mousse and covered in vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream. Sheet cakes are available in 1/4 ($55, serves 25), 1/2 ($80, serves 50) and full ($120, serves 100) sizes. The price of adding a screen-printed image to a cake varies by location and ranges from as little as $2 to as much as $35—and at some places it’s free!
Most restaurants also offer a Mickey Mouse cake in the shape of his head bearing a screen print of his face for $48. It serves 10–12 people, is available in white or chocolate cake with chocolate filling, and is covered in chocolate ganache. Although the cake cannot be customized, you can have a message written on the serving plate. At restaurants serviced by the Contemporary Resort Bakery, the Mickey Mouse cake may be covered in piped buttercream frosting rather than a coating of chocolate ganache.
Basic Disney Cake Photos
While some of the Deluxe Resort Bakeries can turn out elaborate, fondant-covered cakes, most locations on property offer only simple chocolate or vanilla cakes. Pictured below are examples of the basic cakes you can get just about anywhere at Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs is the exception).
Note that the designs pictured below are specific to cakes made by the Contemporary Resort, which also services the Magic Kingdom, Bay Lake Tower, Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. The decorations on standard cakes ordered elsewhere at Walt Disney World may vary (although the Mickey Mouse cake looks the same everywhere).
6inch.png
8or10inch.png

8or10inchConfetti.png

ScreenPrintExample.png

MickeyHeadCake.png

Allergen-Free.png

Allergen-Free Cake Details

• Price: $29.00
  • Can be personalized with up to 3 words
  • Cannot have an image added
  • A list of allergies is required with the order
Ingredients

CHOCOLATE CAKE for Guests with Food Allergies (Vegan)
Chocolate mix (organic evaporated cane juice, sweet brown rice flour, tapioca flour, Dutch cocoa, arrowroot flour, rice milk powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar and xanthan gum), vegetable oil, water, egg replacer (potato starch, tapioca starch flour, leavening [calcium lactate (not derived from dairy), calcium carbonate, citric acid], sodium carboxymethylcellulose, methylcellulose); chocolate icing (shortening [palm oil], 10X sugar [sugar, cornstarch], Dutch cocoa [cocoa powder, alkali], vanilla extract [vanilla bean extractives in water, alcohol (35%) and sugar], rice milk [filtered water, brown rice (partially milled), expeller-pressed high oleic safflower oil and/or sunflower oil and/or canola oil, sea salt), baking powder (monocalcium phosphate, bicarbonate of soda, cornstach).

***PROCESSED IN A FACILITY USING TREE NUTS, SOYBEAN & PEANUTS; NO GLUTEN ADDED

VANILLA CAKE for Guests with Food Allergies (Vegan)
Vanilla cake mix (evaporated cane juice, sweet rice flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, rice milk powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, ground vanilla bean and xanthan gum), vanilla icing (shortening [palm oil], 10X sugar [sugar, cornstarch], vanilla extract [vanilla bean extractives in water, alcohol (35%) and sugar], rice milk (filtered water, brown rice [partially milled], expeller-pressed high oleic safflower oil and/or sunflower oil and/or canola oil, sea salt), water, canola oil, egg replacer (potato starch, tapioca starch flour, leavening [calcium lactate (not derived from dairy), calcium carbonate, citric acid], apple sauce (apples, water, erythorbic acid), baking powder (monocalcium phosphate, bicarbonate of soda, cornstach).

***PROCESSED IN A FACILITY USING TREE NUTS, PEANUTS, SOY & WHEAT; NO GLUTEN ADDED

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Other Tips and Pointers
The information detailed in the previous posts is really the basics of cake ordering. There are lots of little things particular to each of the bakeries, but we'll try and touch on the more common issues here and work out other things as they come up.
> Ordering from the Contemporary: It is best to have a detailed description, inspiration photos, and/or a sketch when ordering here. If you email, you will likely be communicating directly with Chef Brian and it's recommended that you include a budget so that he can factor that in when arriving at a quote. You will still have to call to place your cake order after you've received your email quote from the Chef.
> Ordering from the Grand Floridian: You will usually speak with Pat when calling the GF. Experiences are mixed when working with Pat; however, she is excellent at taking instructions on cake design. You may also request that she speak to the GF pastry chefs and get back with you if you'd like a second opinion on what they can do or the price of your request. Pat will also accept faxes and emails with sketches/pictures/etc.
> Chocolate or Vanilla?: Most people order basic cakes where these are your options, so you'll need to specify if you want a fancy cake with one of the wedding cake flavor options. The GF is the most common place where you'll meet resistance, but considering all flavors are usually readily available for wedding cake testing, you can usually get your flavor choice with some persistence.
> Allerigies: The Contemporary and Grand Floridian are usually very accomodating with allergies and fancy cakes; however, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach may not be willing to produce a cake if certain allergies are an issue with anyone in your party (Peanuts & Tree Nuts seem to be the biggest concern).
> Pick Up: While Boardwalk is listed as the only bakery where a pick up option is available, some people have had some luck with doing pick up at the Contemporary at The Wave. So, it can't hurt to ask.
GALLERY
Mini Wedding Cakes

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767918/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767822/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625659087/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658951/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767598/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658893/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658879/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658839/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658845/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767424/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767430/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767074/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658237/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766944/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658069/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766784/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766536/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625657723/]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625657723/[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767918/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767822/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625659087/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658951/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767598/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658893/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658879/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658839/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658845/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767424/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767430/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767074/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658237/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766944/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658069/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766784/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766536/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625657723/][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767918/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767822/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625659087/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658951/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767598/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658893/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658879/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658839/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658845/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767424/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767430/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767074/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658237/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766944/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658069/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766784/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766536/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625657723/][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767918/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767822/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625659087/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658951/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767598/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658893/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658879/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658839/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658845/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767424/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767430/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626767074/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658237/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766944/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625658069/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766784/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626766536/][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625657723/][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]​

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Halloween/Fall Special Event & Wedding

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626753658/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625645211/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626757096/]

Amazing Race around WDW Attractions

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625648829/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625648821/]

Christmas/Holidays

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625657187/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625647823/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625647871/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625647859/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625647905/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626756280/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626756286/]

Slipper Dessert

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625647219/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625647149/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626755288/]

Marathon

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8626752144/]

More cakes with ears...

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625654869/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625654847/]

Wedding ears with ornate design...

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625645615/]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8625645615/[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
More Mickey Delight/Anniversary/Engagement/Etc....

8626751044_c7a0da1b20_o.jpg

8625642599_457d310871.jpg

A trio of buttercream based Mickey delight style mini wedding cakes...

Main Street Electrical Parade

The Castles and other Toppers!!!

The castle on the right is the BIG castle and you most commonly see it on the Grand Royale cake (pictured below). It weighs around 10 pounds and costs several hundred dollars on its own. The castle on the left is the SMALL castle and weighs about 4 pounds. Prices start around $100 for the plain castle but can climb upwards of $165 if you want the sandcastle treatment or other painting options.

GrandeRoyale.jpg

More "small" castle cake pics...

And one last look at the big one...

You can also add the mini castle to a full sized cake...

8625648195_8b141072a9_o.jpg

Disney is also great about making anniversary replicas of wedding cakes. The larger cake below is the wedding cake and the smaller is the anniversary cake.

They'll also do similar things for birthdays. The cake below was a 1st birthday cake, but there's a corresponding pink mini wedding cake (back in that post) that went with this cake. The mini cake was a smash cake for the child while the big cake was for the rest of the group.

The gallery has a number of toppers like the ones pictured below...

The plain toppers usually range from $45-65 and go up in cost with accents and painting. Allergy Warning: The toppers are all produced in a facility that produces products made with peanuts and tree nuts, so there is the possiblity of cross contamination. We have ordered a couple and had no issues, but best to know the risk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom