Announcement WDWMAGIC Premium Membership, ads, and supporting this community during COVID-19

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello.

First and foremost, I want to send you and yours well wishes and hope that you are safe and healthy and remain so.

As you know, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has hit many businesses hard, and as a result, worldwide advertising spending has dropped dramatically. Since the beginning of the shutdown, I have seen advertising revenue on WDWMAGIC fall by 70%. Like most internet sites, WDWMAGIC is funded via ads, sponsorships and direct-contributions which are all essential for the continuation of the site. The current situation is without doubt the most challenging time in this site's near 25 year existence.

WDWMAGIC Premium Subscriptions, which offer an ad-free experience on the forum and access to the Premium Members Lounge have been priced at $5 per month or $50 per year since they began in 2001. I know this is a tough time for many of you, and this is far from the best time to be increasing prices, but alternatives are running out. With that said, the price of WDWMAGIC Premium will be increasing to $7 on the monthly plan or $70 for the annual plan. Existing WDWMAGIC Premium members on a recurring monthly plan will continue at the old rate of $5 per month until the subscription ends.

I hope that those of you with WDWMAGIC Premium subscriptions continue to see value in membership at the new price, or those of you that get a lot out of the site and don’t currently subscribe may wish to try it out. I would like to extend a big thank you to the existing Premium Members, many who have been supporting the site for almost 20 years. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please drop me a message or reply to this thread.

WDWMAGIC will continue to remain free for anyone via the ad supported model, but even without a WDWMAGIC Premium subscription, you can still help. Supporting our wonderful sponsors (@Kingdom Konsultant , Swan and Dolphin, Orlando Fun Tickets, DVC Request, DVC Resale Market, Monera Financial), whitelisting WDWMAGIC.COM in ad-blockers or disabling ad-blocking when you use the site will help enormously. Anyone can also make a donation.

We have some exciting new things in the pipeline which are still being actively developed, and rest assured I’m doing everything possible to position the site to continue long into the future.

Thank you for being a part of the WDWMAGIC community. Take care of you and yours.

Best wishes

Steve at WDWMAGIC HQ

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I might have to cut back on my "triple-soy-double-half-shot-full-court-press-filtered-through-a-gym-sock" venti Starbucks coffee intake... but I'll manage. Thanks @wdwmagic for a great community! The way I figure it; if it gives me enjoyment and supports the cause I'll continue to donate. Happy to help. This forum is great!

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I've been on these fine boards for more than 5 years now and absolutely love, I'll be signing up for the premium membership now and I apologize its taken me this long to do so. I get so much out of the site/boards and have great conversations with many here. 👍

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I've been on these fine boards for more than 5 years now and absolutely love, I'll be signing up for the premium membership now and I apologize its taken me this long to do so. I get so much out of the site/boards and have great conversations with many here. 👍

th

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your support!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I've been following this site for years, and joined as a member a little over a year ago. These forums have been a great source of information for a long time. Since joining, I've enjoyed the opportunity to interact with fellow members. I've even had the good fortune to meet with some amazing members in person. @wdwmagic has made all of this possible, and I'm grateful.

Becoming a contributor comes naturally for me at this point, I always knew it was going to happen, we're just making it official today. Yay! 🙌

Thank you for everything that you do for all of us. I'm very happy to be able to contribute to a site that has given me so much! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom