Wdwmagic android app?

jmmoriarty

Original Poster
I did a couple of searches just to make sure that no one has posted anything about it but I didn't find anything... So please dont shoot me for asking if there is:shrug:.

As I was playing with my Fiancées Iphone I noticed the app for wdwmagic. The interface is pretty sweet however there isnt one that is android based. Just out of curiosity i was wondering if there was one in the works?

mickeysshoes

This is what i was told in the Iphone App thread.

No Android Apps are currently in development from us. This app took us a year to build, and at the moment we don't have the resources to start on another platform. We chose Apple because it has the largest user base, and happens to be the device that we use here. This may change in the future, but at the moment we are focussed on Apple.

The mobile site does work on Android, and that is available at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

And yes the site works great on my Droid 2...have not issues using it this way!!!

WDW-Fan4Life

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Need An Android App. However, I understand the time, efforts etc. explanation. I always want to go w/ Apple but after research I find something better. Trends are Trends I guess.

Tigger#1

The Disney mobile site is so pittyfull I still find it hard to believe that they chose one carrier and only one model phone and left the rest of us out to dry.

There is no excuse not to have an Android app:shrug:
It isn't like we want it for free we are willing to pay for it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
still surprises me, especially with how widely they advertised that Mobile Magic App.
Me too. You would have thought that they would have simply made it an app that could be used on any android phone. Makes me wonder if Verizon picked up the entire tab and then just lost interest in the project. From the list about the most modern phone that will work with it is the HTC Droid Incredible which is almost a year old handset.

fyn

A good windows phone handset would be great too but I doubt Steve can do anything about that.:lol:

I really like my Samsung Focus. Amazing screen, lightweight, solid build. My only complaint is the battery life, but that's not all that much better on other smartphones these days.

JustInTime

The site caters to iPhone users, sadly. It is a tad bit upsetting. I totally understand Steve's reasoning but SOMEBODY needs to give us some love. There is a massive Android app market for us that is completely untapped. But because of upkeep and costs, I understand why we haven't gotten one...yet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I really like my Samsung Focus. Amazing screen, lightweight, solid build. My only complaint is the battery life, but that's not all that much better on other smartphones these days.
I was looking really hard at the Focus. I am more than likely going to pick up an Atrix in the next week or two. When upgrade time hits again I'll look at the Win 7 phone. I think it has the potential to be the best phone OS out there but they still have a little catch up to do.

jessfriends

An android app would be nice. I do have an ipod touch and use the apps on it but I would prefer ones for my droid x phone. especially since the verizon app isn't compatible on my phone.

fyn

I was looking really hard at the Focus. I am more than likely going to pick up an Atrix in the next week or two. When upgrade time hits again I'll look at the Win 7 phone. I think it has the potential to be the best phone OS out there but they still have a little catch up to do.

I love the idea of the Atrix, but most accounts seem to be that the software was executed really poorly despite kickass hardware. It's an important step though, because most OSs are going to converge like this in the next few years (I certainly hope ours does). As far as WinPhone7 goes, I've yet to really run into a limitation, except for an occasional need to copy/paste, and that's coming in a couple weeks. Have you had a chance to use the UI? My fiance thought she wanted an Android phone, but when we compared common scenarios (browsing, voice search, maps, etc) she fell in love with it. Sometimes I unlock my phone just to swipe the UI around without actually doing anything. It's that good. :p

Did you find any favorable reviews of the Atrix?

P.S. All written quickly on my phone, with most words auto corrected without my intervention. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I love the idea of the Atrix, but most accounts seem to be that the software was executed really poorly despite kickass hardware. It's an important step though, because most OSs are going to converge like this in the next few years (I certainly hope ours does). As far as WinPhone7 goes, I've yet to really run into a limitation, except for an occasional need to copy/paste, and that's coming in a couple weeks. Have you had a chance to use the UI? My fiance thought she wanted an Android phone, but when we compared common scenarios (browsing, voice search, maps, etc) she fell in love with it. Sometimes I unlock my phone just to swipe the UI around without actually doing anything. It's that good. :p

Did you find any favorable reviews of the Atrix?

P.S. All written quickly on my phone, with most words auto corrected without my intervention. :D
I have used both. I like windows phone 7 OS a little better that Android but not by much. It just looks like there is just so much more available for Android right now. Most of the reviews I have read on the Atrix were quite favorable with the exception of the docking port, which I have no intention of getting. What I am figuring is that I can get an android now and in 18-24 months the Windows phone 7 OS and hand sets will be where I need them to be.

Do you know of any Win 7 handsets on the horizon for AT&T? I keep me ear pretty close to the ground and have heard nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom