WDW Withdrawals

Cosmic Commando

I find that the more I go, the less I want to go back. Our trip in May/June was perfectly pleasant. But it pretty much cured me of the desire to go back any time soon. It is my goal not to return until after Disney opens something new worth seeing. So Avland I guess. That gives me at least a few years to do other things.

There are a lot of other places to go and things to do. While Disney World is relatively stagnant, I find I just don't miss it. And when I think about the price tag, I don't miss it at all!
I'm sort of in the same boat. We went out in a blaze of glory in 2010/2011 with four trips on a set of APs... we've spent time at DLR since then (where they are still building things), but just haven't felt the need to get back to WDW. Now, going on three years since the last WDW trip, I'm starting to get the itch for some of the unique WDW things like SSE, the safari, (don't laugh) Imagination, Nemo, Maelstrom and such. Do I drop $4,000 because I miss riding Imagination? Ugh. Fortunately, I'm just coming off of two awesome theme-park-free road trips, so that helps. It's the kind of vacation that I never used to have any interest in, but I'm getting older and wiser or something.

Californian Elitist

I'm sort of in the same boat. We went out in a blaze of glory in 2010/2011 with four trips on a set of APs... we've spent time at DLR since then (where they are still building things), but just haven't felt the need to get back to WDW. Now, going on three years since the last WDW trip, I'm starting to get the itch for some of the unique WDW things like SSE, the safari, (don't laugh) Imagination, Nemo, Maelstrom and such. Do I drop $4,000 because I miss riding Imagination? Ugh. Fortunately, I'm just coming off of two awesome theme-park-free road trips, so that helps. It's the kind of vacation that I never used to have any interest in, but I'm getting older and wiser or something.

You know you want to come back to California next year for the 60th...

JIMINYCR

When I start to miss the Disney parks I go hang out at one of the Disney Stores, and I think there are 10 of them in the state of New Jeresy

I used to do the same but a few years ago they closed ours down. Now I sit in my Disney room and dream.

k17330965.jpg

bee

Original Poster
Oh awesome!! One of my closest friends lives in North Bergen! A great area on its own, and so close to NYC!
Cool, we will be in North Bergen as well. Here I am complaining about being so far from Disney World when I'll be literally a half hour bus ride from the city...

Chernaboggles

Cool, we will be in North Bergen as well. Here I am complaining about being so far from Disney World when I'll be literally a half hour bus ride from the city...

Yes, if you ever miss large crowds and spending a great deal of money in a very short amount of time, NYC can totally help you out with that. ;)

skyphotographer

When I get withdrawals, I just plan another trip. Was there for a week in June, and now planning to be there Labor day weekend and for another full week in mid-October. Living only 350 miles away helps. I keep telling myself that I'm just getting my money's worth from the annual pass I bought earlier this year. Will be there again during spring training next March. So three trips planned, yes I feel better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom