WDW vs Universal - Convincing Arguments Anyone???

Indy95

Why was this thread started up again? Didn't we have enough of this madness? Oh wait...saw the red box. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Michael72688

CoffeeJedi said:
this statement is a wash, there's an entire land devoted to Dinosaurs at one of WDW's parks, and another pavilion that features them extensively, so you can't use Dinosaurs as a selling point for either resort

of course "favorite cartoon characters" is highly subjective, i think most people on these boards would choose a Disney character as their favorite. I'd bet there's as many kids who would choose Buzz Lightyear as their favorite, as there are who would pick Shrek, so again... this statement too, is a wash-out

not to pick nits, but that one sentence just stood out to me as meaningless PR-speak

Now for that land at Animal Kingdom, there is one place where you see "dinos" that is the ride Dinosaur, and then there is a play ground, restaurant, a show which has nothing to do with dinosaurs, then a carnival area. Sorry for the dinosaur thing, I'm gonna have to go with Jurassic Park. As for cartoon characters I should have said comic book characters, my mistake

BroganMc

Is those one of those Mac vs. PC type arguments?

I can see the interest in Universal for those who've never been there. I had it too, until I visited a few years ago. You go in thinking since the park is in Orlando it must be like Disney World, with the same atmosphere but more rollercoasters.

But unless you're in to thrill rides exclusively (strap you in a blender and switch to on for you), you'll be sorely disappointed in Universal. It is really a thrill ride theme park and run as such. I found their staff does a poor job of keeping the grounds, most are very unknowledgeable about customer relations or their own rides, and their handicap accessibility is dismal at best.

In contrast, Disney is known for theming - the art of making fantasy reality. From the parking lot through the queues, they are so good at taking you away from reality, that often the thrill rides seem anticlimactic in comparison. It is more than possible to just roam a Disney park, not ride anything, never see a show, and still feel like you've had an adventure.

Every year my family goes someone debates giving up a Disney day for time at Universal. But even with the free tickets we can get every year, we head for Disney. Being tossed around does not compare to being led to believe fairies are real.

If anything, I'd say go to Universal a day to help you appreciate what Disney truly provides its guests.

J;)

Michael72688

Ah, I remember the last time I walked through a Disney parking lot, passed all the nice rental cars and through the blistering sun. Sorry, the parking lots are not themed, they are no better then the Wal Mart parking lots

HMGhost13

I use to loved Universal as much as Disney. Thre Universal got rid of "Ghostbusters". Then turned the team into some kind of backstreet boy crud with beetlegeuse. Now they're getting rid of the ECTO.

Disney's better.

daveemtdave

WE have done both on one trip - two days at Universal and four days at Disney - we even stayed at a Disney resort and did this. We were not sure if we would ever get the chance to go back. UNFORTUNATE FOR DISNEY.....we fell in love with it and now WE MAKE IT A POINT to go at least once every 15 month; except this year, we didn't even give it a year between trips - I think my husband wants to move there.

IWorkWTeeth

Definately! Going to a Disney park is a vacation and there is a special feeling you get when you are there. I have 2 children.....6 and 10 and they like Universal, as do we, but our hearts lie with Disney! There is more for children at Disney, the characters are a big thrill and the food options are more abundant than Universal. I feel that Universal has amazing quality counter service foods, but the choices and scenery is much better at Disney.

We always make trips to all parks, but only spend 1 day at each of the Universal parks.
You just don't get the same thrill having a pic taken with Spiderman as you do with Mickey!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom