wdw vs disneyland

wdwrules

Original Poster
been to wdw many times but never been to disneyland. just wondering about some of the differences. does disneyland have four parks or do they just have the one. are the rides and shows similar or are they totally different. i havent heard many people say they enjoy going to disneyland as much as wdw. just wondering cause we are thinking of maybe going to disneyland in the future and wondering if wed be dissappointed after being to wdw. any info would be appreciated:xmasmile:

dopey

there's a disneyland v. wdw debate going on in the academy awards section of the board. don't know how useful that'll be, but you'll see what others are passionate about at both parks.

next door to disneyland is disney's california adventure, so there are two parks. some things are the same, some are different. at www.disney.com, it lists attractions at each park. you can see for yourself.

i haven't been to disneyland since i was a kid, but i loved it then. i'm sure most everyone here loves it, too. but the site is wdwmagic.com, so that's why it might appear there are more wdw fans.

ShanenLuvsDsny

I personally LOVE Disneyland; but I grew up there, pretty much, since I live in California. They both have their differences, but all in good ways. WDW is much bigger and many more parks. I really don't think one is better than the other; they both have their own great things to offer! Disneyland is the original. It was Walt's home. If you haven't been, I'd deffinately recommend going. But I love them both!:D

NowInc

This really seems to be a popular topic laltey..there are 2 sepreate threads about this already...one in general discussion..and one in disneyland discussion...

monorail256

i prefer disneyworld.... disneylands to small.... and as the cast members out there say "they test everything at disneyworld b4 it goes to disneyland" those ppl know jack **** lol thats right.. thats why theres a nice big stage for Fantasmic at disneyworld... and a fence with bushes at disneyland! that must be it!!

asics1cc

Hmmm...

I've never actually been to Disneyland. But If I had to go on factual evidence alone. 27,000 acres (World) sounds alot more appeling than 244 (Land).

NowInc

I am burnt out on this topic already (this is the 2nd thread like this I have read in the last few days)....

There is no VS involved...each park has their really good points..each one their bad....to compaire them would just proove nothing other than the fact that you like to argue over little nothings...

sorry if I come off as rude, but this topic is starting to turn into "which one is better"....and that always causes problems..

The original intent of this was not to compaire which is better or bigger..but to list the differences between them....which in itself was the topic of yet ANOTHER thread....

ShanenLuvsDsny

Originally posted by NowInc
I am burnt out on this topic already (this is the 2nd thread like this I have read in the last few days)....

There is no VS involved...each park has their really good points..each one their bad....to compaire them would just proove nothing other than the fact that you like to argue over little nothings...

sorry if I come off as rude, but this topic is starting to turn into "which one is better"....and that always causes problems..

The original intent of this was not to compaire which is better or bigger..but to list the differences between them....which in itself was the topic of yet ANOTHER thread....
I COMPLETELY agree, Nowinc!:sohappy: Monorail, your comment was totally uncalled for. Lighten up! :zipit:

NowInc

Oh trust me..compaired to the OTHER Disneyland thread..this one is childs play....reading thru that one will instantly show why I am really sick of this topic...

ShanenLuvsDsny

Originally posted by NowInc
Oh trust me..compaired to the OTHER Disneyland thread..this one is childs play....reading thru that one will instantly show why I am really sick of this topic...
Ya, I know, I read the other thread too.:mad:

Tramp

Originally posted by Fievel
I'll be drinking in the premium members lounge if anyone needs me....

Fievel...

Save me a seat while I go take a leak....this constant gibberish over which park is better drives me to drink...

I've never been to Disneyland but I bet I'd experience the magic as much as I do in Disneyworld.....perhaps even more, cuz Disneyland is where Walt, Mickey and the MAGIC began and thats a unique and intrinsic mental influence unto it's own.

Thanks for saving me the seat, Fievel.....ah.....another round bartender!

Sheri

Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by asics1cc
I've never actually been to Disneyland. But If I had to go on factual evidence alone. 27,000 acres (World) sounds alot more appeling than 244 (Land).

Only 244?! :eek: my brothers gf has 200 acres...I figured it'd be bigger then that!

asics1cc

Re: Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by SheriD013

Only 244?! :eek: my brothers gf has 200 acres...I figured it'd be bigger then that!

Nope, actually that is why Disney bought the land in Florida. He wanted more room to work and expand with. Also He was ed off about the scuzzy motels, and strip clubs that popped up around his Magic Kingdom.

Sheri

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by asics1cc

Nope, actually that is why Disney bought the land in Florida. He wanted more room to work and expand with. Also He was ed off about the scuzzy motels, and strip clubs that popped up around his Magic Kingdom.

yeah, 244 doesn't seem like that much room anymore :rolleyes: Plus DisneyLand has only 1 park (not counting California Adventure), and DisneyWorld has 4 parks, plus downtown disney, the water parks, and a lot more
I'm not saying DW is better, coz I've never been to DL so I wouldn't say that, but DW seems to have more stuff

DLMAGICDARREN

Disneyworld may be larger, no arument there, but larger alone does not equal better.

While I have no problem admiting I prefer the resort in Florida over the one in California, you have to keep in mind, you don't pay one ticket and get all of Disneyworld anymore then one ticket covers all of Disneyland.

Disneyland resort, may be smaller then Walt Disney World, but Disneyland is actually larger then the Magic Kingdom, and as one park to one park I'd easily choose Disneyland over Magic Kingdom.

DCA is also larger then Disney MGM studios, even though I'd prefer Disney MGM 1000 times over DCA, so size alone does not mean much.

A premium annual pass is $199 at Disneyland (for both parks) and one is over $400 at Walt Disney World (for four theme parks three parks Disneyquest, and Pleasure Island. So to judge on size alone is silly. Each is priced and spaced different. A one day visit to a Disneyland park (even though you won't see the other park or the resot of the resort), is about the same price as a one day visit to a Disneyworld park (even though you won't see the other parks or parts of the resort)

If you only have an hour, does it matter if you go to a one story mall or a two story mall? Both malls have more then you have time for, but still enough to keep you busy.

Each resort has specific details that are special, but to compare Walt Disney World and Disneyland resort, as though it's the same price is like comparing a store brand name cheese to a Hickory Farms gift pack. They are not the same thing.

Disneyland resort is a great 3 day vacation or so, and their Downtown Disney is much more conviently loacated in between the parks to enjoy it without taking a trip 20 miles as in WDW.

WDW has much more variety, with not only theme parks, but many other activities.

They are both sepcial places to me!

Snow White

My Opinion

I'm new to this, both the forum and DL and WDW. I have recently been fortunate enough to have visited both of these wonderful parks. They're both great but I think the question should be rephrased, "If you could only visit DL or WDW (not both), which one would you pick?" The answer to me is obvious.

DisJosh

Originally posted by DLMAGICDARREN
Disneyworld may be larger, no arument there, but larger alone does not equal better.

While I have no problem admiting I prefer the resort in Florida over the one in California, you have to keep in mind, you don't pay one ticket and get all of Disneyworld anymore then one ticket covers all of Disneyland.

Disneyland resort, may be smaller then Walt Disney World, but Disneyland is actually larger then the Magic Kingdom, and as one park to one park I'd easily choose Disneyland over Magic Kingdom.

DCA is also larger then Disney MGM studios, even though I'd prefer Disney MGM 1000 times over DCA, so size alone does not mean much.

A premium annual pass is $199 at Disneyland (for both parks) and one is over $400 at Walt Disney World (for four theme parks three parks Disneyquest, and Pleasure Island. So to judge on size alone is silly. Each is priced and spaced different. A one day visit to a Disneyland park (even though you won't see the other park or the resot of the resort), is about the same price as a one day visit to a Disneyworld park (even though you won't see the other parks or parts of the resort)

If you only have an hour, does it matter if you go to a one story mall or a two story mall? Both malls have more then you have time for, but still enough to keep you busy.

Each resort has specific details that are special, but to compare Walt Disney World and Disneyland resort, as though it's the same price is like comparing a store brand name cheese to a Hickory Farms gift pack. They are not the same thing.

Disneyland resort is a great 3 day vacation or so, and their Downtown Disney is much more conviently loacated in between the parks to enjoy it without taking a trip 20 miles as in WDW.

WDW has much more variety, with not only theme parks, but many other activities.

They are both sepcial places to me!

I dont know what type of package you get when you go on your Disney trips but one ticket gets me into everything at the world. :p

I really have no right posting in this thread b/c I've only been to the world. So am totally biased on this subject. I would love to get to DL and all the other parks. WDW is holding me over just fine for now though. :D

NowInc

To go compairing the parks is pointless..they each have their own elements that will make them "the best" in different peoples minds..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom