WDW Unwilling to Hear Suggestions?

magicMLV

Sending letters to corporate executives will rarely provide a response or a reading.

I wrote a letter to Michael Eisner 15 years ago. I received a very kind reply from his office. During my next visit to Walt Disney World, I was welcomed by a VIP guide and could visit the Magic Kingdom backstage area including the tunnels, the computers room,... And we received 4 free tickets. I sent my letter to Walt Disney World and it was forwarded to Michael Eisner office in Burbank. That was pure Disney magic.

The Mak

I wrote a letter to Michael Eisner 15 years ago. I received a very kind reply from his office. During my next visit to Walt Disney World, I was welcomed by a VIP guide and could visit the Magic Kingdom backstage area including the tunnels, the computers room,... And we received 4 free tickets. I sent my letter to Walt Disney World and it was forwarded to Michael Eisner office in Burbank. That was pure Disney magic.

I really have nothing else to say other than: ?

Seriously.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Tiny update:

The in-ride image of your attraction photo before unload at Test Track was working today. You see after you pass the thermal imaging and round the corner to unload.

Mansion Butler

The Junge Cruise thing has already been responded to, so I'll avoid that and just support everyone else.

You do know that Fast Pass literally IS an after thought most of the places it's used, right? It was only invented for Animal Kingdom, and even attractions built after that were not initially designed to have FP.

Mansion Butler

How do they know you were making suggestions if they didn't read the letters? Do they immediately stop reading as soon as a sentence sounds like it might be making a suggestion? Sounds like legal department BS to me. :shrug:

Considering the number of emails and letters that are responded to by VPs and then read back to us, I don't think so.

Mansion Butler

I guess you have never rode the jungle cruise before.

Its the same script for any of the skippers.

There's actually no official script with jokes. Otherwise, the Cruise would be entertainment, not opperations. It's perfectly allowed to play the ride straight, or even boringly ("there's a lion, there's a tiger, etc."). Yeah, everyone uses the same jokes for the most part, but they don't have to and they don't always. Some people do things that NO ONE else does for the entire cruise.

Officially, you go down the river as a jungle skipper. Unofficially, you tell jokes and most people share the same jokes.

Rob562

The Junge Cruise thing has already been responded to, so I'll avoid that and just support everyone else.

You do know that Fast Pass literally IS an after thought most of the places it's used, right? It was only invented for Animal Kingdom, and even attractions built after that were not initially designed to have FP.

I believe Mission: Space was the first attraction built with Fastpass designed into the queue from Day 1. All others were shoe-horned in after-the-fact.

In fact, getting back to the OP's comments on RnRC, they're actually in the process of changing all that right now. They're keeping standby and FP return separate until the podium inside, and they're adding a Single Rider line that is kept apart all the way through the pre-show, up until the boarding area. (OMG! They took his suggestion! Sue! Sue! ;)).

-Rob

TP2000

I believe Mission: Space was the first attraction built with Fastpass designed into the queue from Day 1. All others were shoe-horned in after-the-fact.

The first new attraction to open with Disney's Fastpass as part of the initial design was the Disneyland version of The Many Adventure of Winnie The Pooh. That Pooh ride opened in April, 2003. Mission: Space opened in October, 2003.

Of course, they removed Fastpass entirely from Disneyland's Pooh ride in '05 when Matt Ouimet dramatically scaled back the Fastpass offerings at Disneyland. (God bless Matt Ouimet!)

But I'm pretty sure that was the first new ride to have a queue purposely designed for Fastpass from the very beginning.

dazzer68

if you cant afford a photo take a aphoto of the photo!
just take a picture os the tv monitor! it works.i think the way disney offer these picture are very old fashioned.they should connect them to you photo pass so you can get them all on one disc at the end.or take your own!

Rob562

I thought it was Dinosaur. I know Fast Pass was born at the Animal Kingdom.

I don't think so. FastPass was introduced after Animal Kingdom was open.

I seem to remember going into CTX opening year (98) and having a choice of sides when I got to the room with the Carnotaurus skeleton. Before that it was just one wide queue. (Or perhaps it was a split at the door in from the outside) The area where the FP machines are now was all extended queue chains.

-Rob

wedway71

I wrote a letter to Eisner about 7 or 8 years ago about something I noticed at the parks and carbon copied it to Al Weiss.About 2 weeks letter I came home and crapped my pants to hear a message from Eisners Executive Assistant totally apologizing about what I wrote about.She was a really nice lady with a British accent.I saved that message for like a year.-lol

I dont know if Id say Disney Execs dont listen to Guest complaint letters.That makes no sense at all.Maybe not every letter or every issue can be resolved or responded too but to say noone even looks or welcomes feedback isnt accurate.Im in Mgt with Target and we go over guest comment cards and reports at the store,District,Regional, and National levels as well to see how we are doing and many of our policies and guidelines are changed if enough Guests react to them either positively or negatively.

PS-One time I sent a letter to Al Weiss and his assistant called me back 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!

Mansion Butler

I wrote a letter to Eisner about 7 or 8 years ago about something I noticed at the parks and carbon copied it to Al Weiss.About 2 weeks letter I came home and crapped my pants to hear a message from Eisners Executive Assistant totally apologizing about what I wrote about.She was a really nice lady with a British accent.I saved that message for like a year.-lol

I dont know if Id say Disney Execs dont listen to Guest complaint letters.That makes no sense at all.Maybe not every letter or every issue can be resolved or responded too but to say noone even looks or welcomes feedback isnt accurate.Im in Mgt with Target and we go over guest comment cards and reports at the store,District,Regional, and National levels as well to see how we are doing and many of our policies and guidelines are changed if enough Guests react to them either positively or negatively.

PS-One time I sent a letter to Al Weiss and his assistant called me back 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!

The execs absolutely read any complaints. Problems are addressed as much as feasibly possible in the current system and works, and when they pertain to the CMs, they are read to the CMs. As are major compliments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom