WDW Trip Qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioDuo

Original Poster
A trip to WDW is completely off the table for the foreseeable future. Here's why: 1 Flight availability, scheduling and pricing in my area is a hot mess. 2. Not going to rent a car to get from MCO to WDW, 3. Why should I pay $100 plus per day to get into the theme parks - when they reopen - when I will not know if I may be capacity restricted from entry, or how many attractions will be closed or simply unavailable due to long virtual lines, 4. What if I cannot get dining reservations, or only dining reservations at odd times?, 5. What if I have a 100.4 temperature upon arrival - or departure? And it is not due to COVID?, 6. it is NOT comfortable to wear a mask in high temperature and high humidity weather, and 6. lastly, why should I commit to spending thousands of dollars for any vacation where I will be at risk of a restrictive, cumbersome and stressful experience?

MissViv

Then don't go!

1. I got AF from Nashville to Orlando for $69 pp (haven't seen those prices in years)
2. I don't rent a car, I use Magical Express
3. Limited capacity means shorter lines and easier access to rides (would be great)
4. Dining reservations seem to be available unless Disney cancels
5. If temp is 100.4 or over then you are sick even if not Covid-19
6. I agree with the masks, it will be uncomfortable
7. True

Disstevefan1

In a year or two the guest experience at WDW should be what it was prior to March 15, 2020.

What the guest experience will be when they reopen (probably in July) we don't know the details as of yet, but the ideas being talked about are; No fireworks, No parades, No indoor theatres!!??? limitations in the gift shops (only X number of people in at a time), limited dining (its hard enough to get ADRs) and other ideas.

On the bright side, IF they limit park capacity to a reasonable number, we may be able to ride more attractions!!

We wonder what that number is? For the Magic kingdom Disney does not give out this number but Touring Plans dot com, pegs the Magic Kingdom’s capacity at somewhere north of 100,000 guests!!!!

If Disney uses that number, and opens to "reduced capacity", what will that be? 30,000 guests?

If they open to some fraction of the average attendance THEN it might be good. We will see...

Jon81uk

I was planning an October 2021 trip and holding off for a bit just because I don't know what state the entertainment offerings in the park will be such as fireworks not every night, or some shows not running even then. But my concerns are more Disney cost-cutting rather than Covid.

NutsForFlorida

if you are staying on property you will get in to whatever park you want, I am guessing when capacity is hit, they simply close the parking lots like they do on New Years Eve.

I sure hope so. Because someone like me who only gets there maybe once a year due to living out of state, it would suck to pay all that money and to show up to a park and they wouldn't let me in.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So its not worth it for you to go then don't.

1. For me this is a non issue there are plenty of flights available at a reasonable price.
2. I've never rented a car. Disney has free transportation.
3. Unless you are in the first wave of guests as Disney is trying to feel their way through this You're gonna know what attractions are open, capacity, wait times etc. They will also likely be increasing capacity and attractions weekly until they hit a normalcy. For me to go all I really require is for all the theme parks to be open and the majority of rides and some shows to be open.
4. Anyone can make ADR's 180 days out. If you choose not to do so that's on you. I've had several different dates as options for my trips this year so every time my 180 day pops up for a new set of my dates I make dining reservations. I should be deciding exact dates in about a week so I will let go of any ADR's that don't mesh with those dates.
5. If you have a fever you should not be entering the parks. This is not like Shanghai where your temp must be below 99.1. To me THAT is not fair as if I get hot or get a headache my temp is easily 99.5. But I've only ever seen my temp at 100.4+ if I am legit sick. Plus I doubt mine will be close to the high range since I usually take Advil 3 times per day every day on a Disney trip to prevent pain and swelling.
6. I don't think it will be any of those things for me. About the only thing I'm not a fan of is wearing a mask. I have yet to wear a disposable one though and I think that's what I'd choose for a Disney trip because its like ponchos. You toss several in your bag per day and wear for a few hours at a time and then toss. Where as once a cloth one gets wet you're not gonna want to put that back on your face after you remove it to eat etc and I don't want to have to wash them out at night and keep track of them etc.

stratman50th

A trip to WDW is completely off the table for the foreseeable future. Here's why: 1 Flight availability, scheduling and pricing in my area is a hot mess. 2. Not going to rent a car to get from MCO to WDW, 3. Why should I pay $100 plus per day to get into the theme parks - when they reopen - when I will not know if I may be capacity restricted from entry, or how many attractions will be closed or simply unavailable due to long virtual lines, 4. What if I cannot get dining reservations, or only dining reservations at odd times?, 5. What if I have a 100.4 temperature upon arrival - or departure? And it is not due to COVID?, 6. it is NOT comfortable to wear a mask in high temperature and high humidity weather, and 6. lastly, why should I commit to spending thousands of dollars for any vacation where I will be at risk of a restrictive, cumbersome and stressful experience?
Ok.........

JIMINYCR

Everyone has different levels of what makes a trip worthwhile. Many of your reasons are valid and are why many people are deciding to put off trips or not reschedule their cancelled trips until theres more normalcy to WDW. But I'm sure there are going to be many Disney lovers who despite the things you brought up will be willing to visit because its still worth it to them to be there and enjoy whats there than to stay home. After being forced to stay at home and isolate for this length of time, a trip to Disney will restore many peoples sanity and give them a burst of enjoyment theyve been deprived of. Its going to be interesting to get a video showing the numbers or lack of numbers of people in the parks.

Tavernacle12

I'd be very surprised if capacity restrictions extend to on-property guests.

Wouldn’t they have to? If capacity is deemed safe at, say, 5,000, and they reach it at noon, they’re can’t let 1,000 more on site guests in. They already deemed that number unsafe.

The alternative is they only sell x amount of tickets per day to people not on site so it’s never an issue. I’d say they could also ONLY allow on sight guests but I’m sure they’re hoping for locals so that wouldn’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom