WDW Trip Planning.. need some input

Senderella

We're planning on going to WDW May 05. :sohappy: My dh wants to hit Star Wars Days. We're planning on going through the Disney site because we wanted to do the package deal & all. Neither of us have gone since we were very very young, so it's really like we're going for the first time. The friend of ours who is going also has never been. We plan on going for 7 or 8 days and getting the Platinum or Gold package. I'm debating between the Grand Floridian & the Contemporary. I've seen all of the good things about both hotels but I've also seen some bad experiences by some people. My question is, what would yall rec'd? Also, do yall have *any* input what so ever for me? I'm trying to figure everything out so by the time the 05 rates & dates are listed, there will be no thinking. We want to have everything figured out. Thanks a bunch!!!

Sen

:goodnevil

wannabeBelle

Hey Sen!! How are ya?? Well the specoals for the period of time you are going have already come out. You can go to Disneyworld.com to book them or you can contact our Travel Sponsor, Kingdom Konsultant ( her name is Pam) and she can book you using the discount. She has already booked a great many people here.
As far as the plans, I havent done any of them pesonally but I would probably opt for the Silver plan as the Gold plan seems to be a bit in the way of overkill. Are you really going to eat three full sit down meals a day? I would be happy with a nice sit down breakfast and a good dinner. This is my usual when I go.
As far as the Grand Floridian or Contemporary, I havent stayed at either one, but I know Pam has. I Am going to send this thread to her. Have you thought about booking a concierge level room? That might give you access to a dedicated planner as well as snacks, wine, soft drinks etc in the hotel area for you. That might be a really nice option Book the Silver plan but at a consierge level room!!
Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you would like to contact me with any questions please feel free to do so. I do offer free itinerary planning for clients who book packages with me. We will plan everything out with you so that you have your game plan well in hand before you go.

Pam

Upvote 0

iraca1030

I would recommend you give Pam at KingdomKonsultants a call she can really help you. I have stayed a GF 2 times now and loved it. The resort is first class, the pools are awesome and you can't beat the view! I know you have some nice things at the Contemporary, but you have much more room a GF.

Upvote 0

Senderella

Original Poster
LOL Ya May 2005! *pulling my hair out* :hammer: I'm outvoted! I tried to weasle my way into later this year but no go. Dang Star Wars Days!! GRR More so my dang wanna be Jedis :brick: Anyhow.... thanks for the info. I will definately get with Pam! Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it!

Sen

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Hi, Sen!

Since you've got more than a year to plan, I would definitely buy the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and read it cover to cover. It's got a LOT of great advice, from hotels to packages to the parks. After that, I'd contact Pam at Kingdom Konsultants, as others have already suggested. She would be able to advise you on which package would be the best bet for your particular wants and needs.:)

Upvote 0

Senderella

Original Poster
Originally posted by figmentmom
Hi, Sen!

Since you've got more than a year to plan, I would definitely buy the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and read it cover to cover. It's got a LOT of great advice, from hotels to packages to the parks. After that, I'd contact Pam at Kingdom Konsultants, as others have already suggested. She would be able to advise you on which package would be the best bet for your particular wants and needs.:)

Thanks I emailed Pam through the link earlier today but she still hasnt gotten to me yet. I was thinking about getting the UGtWDW. Is it really good? Are there any others to go along with it that are just as good?

Sen

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I'm sure Pam will be getting back with you shortly!!! As far as the unofficial guide vs. the official guide, I dont have a particular favorite, but many on here do. I just think which ever one works for you, that is great!!! Also keep an eye on these boards for new stuff that is going to be opening!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Senderella

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I'm sure Pam will be getting back with you shortly!!! As far as the unofficial guide vs. the official guide, I dont have a particular favorite, but many on here do. I just think which ever one works for you, that is great!!! Also keep an eye on these boards for new stuff that is going to be opening!!! Belle

Oh I have! Believe me! I'm really wanting to try to go when most of the stuff isn't shut for maintence & the things we want to see most arent closed or whatever. LOL And to answer your siggy question...... LOL obviously me!!!!!! :p Dh is a beast!!!! LOL We got the B&B DVD recently. He found it at disneystore. LOL we both took the personality tests.... he was beast and i was mrs. potts!!!! :hammer:

Sen

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

How absolutely hilarious!!! I havent found myself a good Beast lately, although most of my ex's have fallen into that catagory. Tall, lighter hair ( usually) Blue eyes and an attitude problem. The last one fit more so than any of the others. He was 6'5" tall, lovely blue eyes, a NYC fireman, and was just very unhappy and wouldnt fix stuff in his life for him to be happy!!! That was the difference. The Beast was willing to change, this one not so much so!!! Ah well.....If anyone knows of a cute Beast for me, please let me know!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Senderella

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
How absolutely hilarious!!! I havent found myself a good Beast lately, although most of my ex's have fallen into that catagory. Tall, lighter hair ( usually) Blue eyes and an attitude problem. The last one fit more so than any of the others. He was 6'5" tall, lovely blue eyes, a NYC fireman, and was just very unhappy and wouldnt fix stuff in his life for him to be happy!!! That was the difference. The Beast was willing to change, this one not so much so!!! Ah well.....If anyone knows of a cute Beast for me, please let me know!!! Belle

awww Someday your prince will come girlie!

Sen

Upvote 0

DSDopey48

I use the passporter for all my visits and love it, this years with the colored maps is great, it makes for a great planner and journal of your Trip.

:sohappy: I go in 108 days:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom