WDW Trip Must-Haves

jrogue

I'm currently packing for my trip to WDW this weekend when I realized there are a lot of things I bring that I wouldn't dream of packing for any other trip.

What are some of the WDW trip-specific items you pack? What are some of your WDW "must" packs? (aside from all the essentials like clothing, shoes, etc)

For me, it's my lanyard with some extra pins for trading. I also always make sure I have an autograph book (just in case) and I always pack my poncho!

Figgy1

autograph book, lanyard and pins, water bottles, mini umbrella (hate ponchos) Zip Lock Bags one empty bag (little shopping problem) and my children! My dh is still in the dog house he may get to go if he rides on top! Maybe LOL

Upvote 0
For our next trip, I'm packing a set of three lenses (close up, wide angle, and fish-eye) I got for the iPhone. They're small, portable, and really work. Best of all the lenses eliminate the need (for me, at least) for a second, larger camera in the (very small) bag I carry to the parks.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Haha! Bodyglide is like a gel you put on any areas of skin that can chafe, or rub. So some people use it on their feet, a lot of people use it to stop their thighs chafing/rubbing, at the top where I'd think the majority of people's rub a little bit. I have chunky thighs (from 22 years of horse riding!) and they have chafed in the past and bodyglide is great to stop that happening! :)
Never heard of it but I think it would come in handy for my family. We are not large people but it would help with all the walking. Thanks for the tip.

Disney specific items that I wouldn't take elsewhere....pins, ears, matching shirts for the kids, Disney gift cards, extra suitcase or bag to hold goodies.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Cell Phone Chargers
Batteries for the Camera
ZipLoc baggies
Pop up hamper to put dirty clothes in.
Tylenol

Just thought of one I would pack if I still owned one. Foot bath/jacuzzi. I had one when I worked retail for several years.. amazing

Upvote 0

jayhawkmickey

Laundry bag, ponchos, fully stocked first aid, cinch bag backpack, ziplocks, baby powder, and we planned way better. Even a week long trip to NYC didn't involve as much thought as Disney. New York you can wing it, Disney is serious.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

- Small bottle of Dawn dish washing liquid for washing the refillable mugs

- All our Crocs

- packs/cross body bag

- beach towels

- toothbrush holder w/ suction cup

- ponchos

That's all I can think of right now. Things like sunscreen and hats, etc. are pretty much the norm.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Must haves:

(1) Each person has at least 3 pairs of shoes - you just never know how your feet are going to react to any given pair with that amount of walking and rain - so one pair you thought was "the pair" could end up being your demise!
(2) Ponchos/raincoats - NEVER buy them there! (1) Too expensive and (2) Too "cheap" ;) - they fall apart/tear within minutes!
(3) Good-smelling sunscreen - this is my picky little thing - I'm insistant that if we all have to wear sunscreen all day and I have to smell it all day, it'd better smell good! I had the toughest time finding sunscreent that smelled good (untapped market??). But, I finally found Hempz sunscreen, which works great and smells good.
(4) Extra Camera flash card - two years in a row we went without bringing and extra flash card...:oops: So we had to fork over the cash in the parks.
(5) In room breakfast foods - we bring cereal and bowls, bagels, granola bars (and fancy creamer for my DH and my coffee :)) - we buy milk and cream cheese at the hotel and get utensils from the QS at the hotel. Our kids eat immediately when they wake up. So this way, we've not only got breakfast right away, but we also save a meal on the DDP.

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, I was just re-reading this thread and everything here is so helpful to remember now that I am thinking of my next WDW trip! :)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The only non-standard items we pack for Disney (if you don't count our Magicbands, which are certainly "Disney-only"!) are disposable rain ponchos, the kids' autograph books, and some extra Ziploc bags in various sizes (perfect for protecting electronics on wet rides, packaging leftovers for the hotel fridge, packing wet swimsuits for the trip home...). Other than that, it's just the usual for the four of us -- purse/wallet, clothes, toiletries and meds, breakfast foods for the hotel room, and some reading materials/headphones for the flight down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom