WDW Trip Must-Haves

jrogue

I'm currently packing for my trip to WDW this weekend when I realized there are a lot of things I bring that I wouldn't dream of packing for any other trip.

What are some of the WDW trip-specific items you pack? What are some of your WDW "must" packs? (aside from all the essentials like clothing, shoes, etc)

For me, it's my lanyard with some extra pins for trading. I also always make sure I have an autograph book (just in case) and I always pack my poncho!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
morphie juice battery case for iphone
energy chews and Kind granola bars
sunblock
lots of pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines
poncho for KRR
Brita water bottle with built-in filter

You list looks very similar to mine!

I carry a small day pack when visiting that has:

2 ponchos (1 adult, 1 child)
Small first aid kit (band aids / anti-bacterial spray / alka seltzer packet / pain reliever / a few anti-acid chews)
Brita water bottle with filter
Rechargeable portable charger (Energizer kind, serves the same function as the Morphie does, allows me to charge camera / phone inside the pack)
Ziplock bag with locking pin backers, non-lanyard pins (the ones we trade or give away) and the wrench for the backers
Ziplock bag with pennies and quarters for the penny machines
$100 bill of emergency money
Chewing gum (they don't sell it on property, so if you like gum, bring it with you or buy it offsite)
Small notebook and pen
A small bag of trail mix

I also affixed a caribiner to the loop at the top of the bag, which is great for carrying merchandise bags (if I don't have it shipped to the hotel). Clip the handle on the merch bag to the caribiner, and your hands are now free. It also works for rides like Rockin Roller Coaster, where I clip the bag to my beltloop and it fits very well between my legs during the ride.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

I actually bring my own glow sticks, and glow necklaces. They work wonders at night in the parks. And they helped my 4 year old son become fast friends when he gave one of his extras with a girl during illuminations...I also bring my journal, where I document my trip every night...its amazing to look back

Other than that, gum since they don't sell it at the World...

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
yeah, I wish I brought a notebook to keep track of what we did. I tried to do it on a notetaking app on my phone, but I was constantly running out of juice.

I also use the notepad to play paper games with the kid, like tic tac toe, squares or war (sortof like battleship...you fold the paper in half, and one player secretly draws a military base...buildings, tanks, men, etc on one side, then turning the paper over the other player draws 10 heavy black dots. Then you fold the two parts together and see what you hit! Tally the score, and take turns. Fun little game)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
For the hotel room I bring a few items.

Power Strip (which I put behind the nightstand and set up the nightstand as a "charging center")

Laundry Kit (Purex All in one Washer Dryer Sheets, two small bags, like grocery bags, for dirty clothes, and dollar bills for the change machine. I hand the two bags for dirty clothes from the hangers that have clips and put one sheet in the bottom of each. When I'm ready to do laundry, I just grab the bags and I'm good to go.)

2 1 Tb USB hard drives. I make backups of my pictures and videos daily to both of them. I would HATE to lose my pictures and movies. It also helps keep the SD card from filling up.

An HDMI cable so I can hook my laptop to the TV Set

An iPad to HDMI adapter so I can hook my iPad to the TV Set

2 cameras. One is my HD primary camera. It allows me to record video and take 16.2 MP pictures at the same time, perfect for meet and greets. It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-WX50. I also take a waterproof camera, which is a Pentax model. It only does 720p HD movies, unlike the Sony, but it's great to have at waterparks. This year I will be combining all those cameras into one unit by getting a Go Pro, I think. I haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Upvote 0

Fantasmic

?????? WTH.......?

Haha! Bodyglide is like a gel you put on any areas of skin that can chafe, or rub. So some people use it on their feet, a lot of people use it to stop their thighs chafing/rubbing, at the top where I'd think the majority of people's rub a little bit. I have chunky thighs (from 22 years of horse riding!) and they have chafed in the past and bodyglide is great to stop that happening! :)

Upvote 0

mickeymatt

Haha! Bodyglide is like a gel you put on any areas of skin that can chafe, or rub. So some people use it on their feet, a lot of people use it to stop their thighs chafing/rubbing, at the top where I'd think the majority of people's rub a little bit. I have chunky thighs (from 22 years of horse riding!) and they have chafed in the past and bodyglide is great to stop that happening! :)
I seconded body glide , I discovered it while training for a distance run. Also when I was running at the beach I used Vaseline petroleum jelly but it breaks down to fast. That's where I discovered Lanacaine Anti-chafe. It works really great and lasts all day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom