WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What did they used to do when someone tried to get a FP and the ticket wasn't scanned yet and wouldn't work?

"There's a problem with your fastpass. You'll need to visit guest relations to get it straightened out. Sorry about that."

It doesn't have to be hard.

Nope but Disney wants to make it hard, all thats really necessary is to tie the FP to the admission media ticket ID instead of MDE profile ID

No need for banhammers. Just a blue mickey and you will need to see GR as your FP and Ticket ID dont match, have a Magical Day...

No need to accuse people of cheating the system just let peoples general knowledge of inflexible computer systems to do the soft enforcement

Rider

I've been let in around 5 minutes early but I'm the type who waits until exactly the time LOL.

And we've down this road, people aren't going to rush to report they've had admission revoked or their account locked for gaming Disney. It doesn't mean it's not happening.
The FP+ system won't even tell the CMs if the guest is within the grace periods (5 mins before or 15 mins after) it just shows green and pops your name up on the screen the same as any guest within their window. There is no reason to wait until exactly the time.

As for getting in outside your times it all depends on the CM and your reason. Monorail broke down making you late for Space Mountain? Dinner take too long? Your family have different times that don't quite overlap? Probably not an issue as long as you ask politely. Just show up an hour early? Come back in 60 minutes, sir.

peter11435

What did they used to do when someone tried to get a FP and the ticket wasn't scanned yet and wouldn't work?

"There's a problem with your fastpass. You'll need to visit guest relations to get it straightened out. Sorry about that."

It doesn't have to be hard.
And the guest will show the cast member their fastpass on the app and argue that they should be let in...

It's really not that hard to understand

Disney is extremely averse to confrontation between guests and cast members. If it can be avoided they will choose the option to avoid. Just like with shoplifting.

brent2124

I'm not buying it. They are able to do it with MaxPass in DLR and did it previously with legacy FP. I think they just can't accomplish it with their tech issues.

Until recently the abuse wasn't determined to be widespread enough to go to this step. Many of the instances of misuse was deemed to be honest mistakes of guests accidentally using the wrong media or simply unaware they were breaking rules. It's better to let some slip through the cracks than wrongly accuse a guest of something and the negative responses that follow. There is no tech issue, just Disney customer service being what it is until it had to put a stop to it.

drizgirl

Until recently the abuse wasn't determined to be widespread enough to go to this step. Many of the instances of misuse was deemed to be honest mistakes of guests accidentally using the wrong media or simply unaware they were breaking rules. It's better to let some slip through the cracks than wrongly accuse a guest of something and the negative responses that follow. There is no tech issue, just Disney customer service being what it is until it had to put a stop to it.
You have your theory. I have mine.

spectromagic04

They are very transparent with this particular business policy and procedure and make it quite clear to cast members. If cast members violate this the ban hammer (and ultimately worse) is exactly their intention.
Surprisingly most of my leaders and coordinators did not know about this ban until I brought it up to them.

So if someone in your party can’t make it with you, are you locked out of your account if you change their FP to yours?

I’m thinking of a variety of situations this could happen in - grandma’s too tired to go to the parks, a party member is sick, someone’s work schedule prevented them from attending last minute.

But yes, as a former cast member, less confrontation with guests is always nice.

DisAl

Is there ever a legitimate reason to transfer a FP from one person to another? If grandma got tired and can't come, then grandma does not need a FP because SHE IS NOT THERE! Just because grandma didn't come, why should someone else get her FP?:cautious:

Is there ever a legitimate reason to transfer a FP from one person to another? If grandma got tired and can't come, then grandma does not need a FP because SHE IS NOT THERE! Just because grandma didn't come, why should someone else get her FP?:cautious:

Nope, you’re right. There’s not really a great transfer reason. Fuzzier question to me is is it unfair to cancel grandma’s FP and then try to secure it legitimately by searching.

That said, I think it’s silly. Three FP is generous and you should be able to score an additional FP for something after your initial selections.

JoeCamel

Nope, you’re right. There’s not really a great transfer reason. Fuzzier question to me is is it unfair to cancel grandma’s FP and then try to secure it legitimately by searching.

That said, I think it’s silly. Three FP is generous and you should be able to score an additional FP for something after your initial selections.
You can always give it a try. There are millions of people trying to book FP at any time so you may be successful in getting grandma's passes but maybe not. All you can do is try.

DisAl

Just wanna put this out there...in some parts of the world, gaming the system and finding ways around rules is an ingrained part of the culture.
Maybe so. But that doesn't make it right. It is just another way to steal something that does not belong to you.
I have no more respect for someone who cheats the system to the detriment of others than I do a shoplifter or any other thief.
The solution should be pretty simple.
1 - FP can ONLY be used with a "ticket" that was used to enter the park.
2 - NO transfers.

Last edited:

Pixieish

Maybe so. But that doesn't make it right. It is just another way to steal something that does not belong to you.
I have no more respect for someone who cheats the system to the detriment of others than I do a shoplifter or any other thief.
The solution should be pretty simple.
1 - FP can ONLY be used with a "ticket" that was used to enter the park.
2 - NO transfers.

Oh, believe me...I don't think it's right either and people who game ANY system is probably one of my top 5 things that make me into a crazy person. Just ask my husband about how long I'll complain about it, lol.

awilliams4

So if someone in your party can’t make it with you, are you locked out of your account if you change their FP to yours?
Supposedly. If that FP was tied to media that did not enter the park that day and the FP is transferred that day to media that already entered a park that day. However, there is no reports of any MDE's getting locked out doing this exact steps.

DisAl

Oh, believe me...I don't think it's right either and people who game ANY system is probably one of my top 5 things that make me into a crazy person. Just ask my husband about how long I'll complain about it, lol.
Yes, it drives me crazy too any time I observe cheaters who think they are better than others. One advantage I have over others though is that if something drives me crazy it is a short trip....:D
Hmmm.... Let me modify that statement. I have that advantage over MOST other people. There are a few who have already "arrived at destination" as my GPS says.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

The exploitable problems with FP+ will not go away until the revert to a digitized version of the legacy system. Essentially MaxPass. That's the best option.

DisneyDefenders

Wouldn't simply allowing everyone to select one fast pass for each available attraction over the course of their day, without allowing overlapping times solve all the problems? People are finding ways to go around the system only because of silly rules like only allowing you to select fast passes for one park per day in spite of how many guests purchase park hopper tickets or annual passes. Plus, only allowing you one fast pass for the rides categorized as most popular at a park seems ludicrous as well. If rules that make no sense are imposed, people will always inevitably try to find a way around them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom