WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

brent2124

Especially since there are still workarounds for the loopholes that were closed.
Really, what loophole? I can assure you that if a piece of media was not used to enter the park it will not work more than once, maybe twice for redeeming a Fastpass. It may not immediately notify you that the media and the account it is linked to is locked, but it will happen, and you may not have your account unlocked depending on the details on the account and the violations.

peter11435

Question...

Are you still able to be late for your fastpass and they'll let you slide? I've never had an issue with this before and I hate to take advantage of a perk such as this, but while with a one-day-pass out-of-towner, we were admittedly late by maybe 40 minutes and had to reason with the most unmagical ToT cast member known to man (not being rude, I couldn't be more appreciative of CMs considering the face they have to put on and the heat and the guests..) but this guy was almost unbelievably cold. I hate to be that way, but I was a bit shocked given how much *I* try to brighten their day.
Officially you should use your fastpass during the one hour window you are given. The system will automatically allow you in up to 15 minutes after your window. Anything beyond this you are late and will turn blue.

drizgirl

Really, what loophole? I can assure you that if a piece of media was not used to enter the park it will not work more than once, maybe twice for redeeming a Fastpass. It may not immediately notify you that the media and the account it is linked to is locked, but it will happen, and you may not have your account unlocked depending on the details on the account and the violations.
I understand that. There are other workarounds using the change function.

brent2124

I understand that. There are other workarounds using the change function.
Which I understand as well. The issue is for this to work you must have multiple valid admissions linked to the same account, and this workaround is also traceable. Using any piece of RFID media was far simpler and cheaper, the cost to setup the usage of a party change system requires hundreds of dollars of admission that will eventually expire and can never be used in the meantime, and will be revoked when the account is noticed to be doing this.

drizgirl

Which I understand as well. The issue is for this to work you must have multiple valid admissions linked to the same account, and this workaround is also traceable. Using any piece of RFID media was far simpler and cheaper, the cost to setup the usage of a party change system requires hundreds of dollars of admission that will eventually expire and can never be used in the meantime, and will be revoked when the account is noticed to be doing this.
I think lots of people using this tactic already have tickets in their account that don't expire. No reports yet of Disney revoking, locking or anything else.

lnsemsf

I have never been let in early, but we have been 30 minutes late and still got to use the FP
I've never been early (for anything in my life in fact) but I have been let in late. It depends on the CM. If the reason is my own fault, I accept it and skip the pass, but for example the time when trying to get to Magic Kingdom it took me nearly an hour from parking to entering the park when it should take 20 minutes I explained it to the CM and that I should have been fine if things weren't lagging behind and he understood and let me in. If I screw up though, I just let it go.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have never been let in early, but we have been 30 minutes late and still got to use the FP

I've gotten through a few minutes early. Under the old paper system, they'd let you in up to 5 minutes early. I always have a smile on my face and say "Hi, how's it going" to the CMs standing at the FP touch points, just in case it turns blue. It's got to be a sucky job, constantly saying, "touch your MB/card to the Mickey" and "please use both sides". After one day of that, the guys in white coats would have to haul me off to a padded cell.

brent2124

I think lots of people using this tactic already have tickets in their account that don't expire. No reports yet of Disney revoking, locking or anything else.

As you said, no reports yet. This doesn't mean the information isn't being tracked, it simply means you haven't seen any reports of it.

Kman101

I've been let in around 5 minutes early but I'm the type who waits until exactly the time LOL.

And we've down this road, people aren't going to rush to report they've had admission revoked or their account locked for gaming Disney. It doesn't mean it's not happening.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I used my main gate which is your free park ticket for CMs. I was able to use my fast passes I made but 2 days later I saw on the app my fast pass privileges were taken away. At guest relations they told me I had to re enter the park as a guest or my ticket would be officially banned from FP+.

There is some world class IT there it's not smart enough to recognize a main gate pass might have FP's selected while CM on duty and might not re-enter the park...

But at least we know that the Banhammer actually works...

peter11435

There is some world class IT there it's not smart enough to recognize a main gate pass might have FP's selected while CM on duty and might not re-enter the park...

But at least we know that the Banhammer actually works...
It's not a case of the tech not being smart enough it's a matter of it working as intended. Cast members are not allowed to play in the park without entering through the main entrance first even if visiting after their shifts. Obviously this rule is often broken but it is the rule.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's not a case of the tech not being smart enough it's a matter of it working as intended. Cast members are not allowed to play in the park without entering through the main entrance first even if visiting after their shifts. Obviously this rule is often broken but it is the rule.

Since thats the case all that is necessary would be a message 'you must re-enter park to use your CM Perks' no need to engage the ban hammer logic.

Once again poor quality IT systems, Good quality IT transparently implements business policies and procedures

peter11435

Since thats the case all that is necessary would be a message 'you must re-enter park to use your CM Perks' no need to engage the ban hammer logic.

Once again poor quality IT systems, Good quality IT transparently implements business policies and procedures
They are very transparent with this particular business policy and procedure and make it quite clear to cast members. If cast members violate this the ban hammer (and ultimately worse) is exactly their intention.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They are very transparent with this particular business policy and procedure and make it quite clear to cast members. If cast members violate this the ban hammer (and ultimately worse) is exactly their intention.

Sounds like a workplace Catbert designed,

Yes you need policy enforcement but you can do it so it quietly reminds the employee for most of whom issues like this are an 'oops forgot' and save the hammer for problem employees

drizgirl

It really sounds like they are able to identify the violations on the back end, but unable to invalidate FPs made on tickets not used to enter the park. Sounds like pretty bad IT to me.

peter11435

It really sounds like they are able to identify the violations on the back end, but unable to invalidate FPs made on tickets not used to enter the park. Sounds like pretty bad IT to me.
It's purposeful. They want to catch those that are doing this and put a stop to it but they don't want to create guest situations in the park. They are not interested in having every front line cast member have to explain to angry guests why they cheated the system and can't use their fastpasses

drizgirl

It's purposeful. They want to catch those that are doing this and put a stop to it but they don't want to create guest situations in the park. They are not interested in having every front line cast member have to explain to angry guests why they cheated the system and can't use their fastpasses
I'm not buying it. They are able to do it with MaxPass in DLR and did it previously with legacy FP. I think they just can't accomplish it with their tech issues.

peter11435

I'm not buying it. They are able to do it with MaxPass in DLR and did it previously with legacy FP. I think they just can't accomplish it with their tech issues.
There's a difference between telling someone they don't have a fastpass or are early or late and accusing someone of cheating the system.

drizgirl

There's a difference between telling someone they don't have a fastpass or are early or late and accusing someone of cheating the system.

What did they used to do when someone tried to get a FP and the ticket wasn't scanned yet and wouldn't work?

"There's a problem with your fastpass. You'll need to visit guest relations to get it straightened out. Sorry about that."

It doesn't have to be hard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom