WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Tavernacle12

They should be able to, but that will not really matter to a guest that has laid out a month's income for a vacation being stuck in a line behind who knows how many other people to fix a problem.

I meant, and maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue at hand, but the people trying to cheat the system would be the ones going to guest relations where they'd be unable to get anything from Disney as it'd be obvious when they looked up their magic band that they were up to something fishy. They can throw a hissy fit against the poor guest service cast member, but any attempt to fix their problem will just get their MDE locked for cheating.

po1998

Just read parts of a thread on a competing board(dis), that details how to scam the system in this regard. I am amazed at the length people will go to accomplish this. I hope this loophole gets closed completely, and this practice is put to bed.

I really miss the days of paper FP, where the only advanced planning was booking a resort, airfare, and a character meal or two. :(

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
I meant, and maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue at hand, but the people trying to cheat the system would be the ones going to guest relations where they'd be unable to get anything from Disney as it'd be obvious when they looked up their magic band that they were up to something fishy. They can throw a hissy fit against the poor guest service cast member, but any attempt to fix their problem will just get their MDE locked for cheating.

And I would think only those guests ending up at GS would be the cheaters, since they will be the ones unable to use those FP+ they booked....

Viget

I didn't realize that over the past two years when I've traveled solo for runDisney races I could book three separate FP+ sets since (1) we all had APs and (2) both my daughter and son-in-law are linked in my MDE... But doing that would never cross my mind, because, well, it's cheating...

Agreed. I only stumbled onto this by accident, and I thought maybe it was just a glitch, because my friend did after all have a reservation. But now I think it's a loophole, and I think others have exploited it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not quite. I doubt the ones cheating the system will go to guest services.

What could happen is there could be a disconnect between a regular guest entering the park and the FP system knowing that they did. This happened from time to time with the old paper system so it is reasonable to think that it could occur again.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just read parts of a thread on a competing board(dis), that details how to scam the system in this regard. I am amazed at the length people will go to accomplish this. I hope this loophole gets closed completely, and this practice is put to bed.

I really miss the days of paper FP, where the only advanced planning was booking a resort, airfare, and a character meal or two. :(

I saw that thread on dis this morning, holy 133 pages of entitlement. I'm definitely not reading it, but hopefully Disney is.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So the Magic Band garland we could have created for our Christmas tree with all of our Magic Bands (family of 6 + a few APs + multiple DVC trips = lots of MBs) could actually have been used to game the FP+ system for the past few years? I had no idea. Honestly, it never even occurred to me that the system could be gamed in this manner.

I'm not sure what is more sad/pathetic - Those who felt the need to cheat the system, or Disney for not putting the kibosh on this before even Day One of FP+.

DL takes your picture before you enter the park. It seems to work rather well, too bad TDO doesn't have the same level of intelligence.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
So the Magic Band garland we could have created for our Christmas tree with all of our Magic Bands (family of 6 + a few APs + multiple DVC trips = lots of MBs) could actually have been used to game the FP+ system for the past few years? I had no idea. Honestly, it never even occurred to me that the system could be gamed in this manner.

I'm not sure what is more sad/pathetic - Those who felt the need to cheat the system, or Disney for not putting the kibosh on this before even Day One of FP+.

DL takes your picture before you enter the park. It seems to work rather well, too bad TDO doesn't have the same level of intelligence.

Do they? I don't remember getting my photo taken when I visited in Spring 2015. I think WDW will eventually head down that path, since it will prevent much of the cheating.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

I have one of those MB garlands hanging on the upstairs door. Never thought I could use them to get dozens of initial FP+ selections....

I have one of those MB garlands hanging on the upstairs door. Never thought I could use them to get dozens of initial FP+ selections....

Unless you had all of them on separate MDE profiles, you wouldn't have been able to do that anyway. All magic bands linked to the same MDE profile are carbon copies of the other. You need bands that are not and have never been linked to your in-use MDE.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
Unless you had all of them on separate MDE profiles, you wouldn't have been able to do that anyway. All magic bands linked to the same MDE profile are carbon copies of the other. You need bands that are not and have never been linked to your in-use MDE.

They're not all linked to my MDE account. And they've never been used. But that would be cheating, which I'm not going to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom