WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Daveeeeed

Saw this in my Google news feed:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4270880/wa...g-to-cheat-the-system-will-lock-mde-accounts/

Not sure how reliable this source is.

Boy, some people will try to cheat anything and everything....

I know it's said ad nauseam, but people like this are why we can't have nice things...and Disney has to make some aspects of visiting their parks more difficult for guests.
I've always wondered if it was possible for people to do that, so appearently it has been possible. A good but unfortunate change. Odd how Disney did not start it with a park entry check,

Daveeeeed

The only fastpass cheat I've performed is that I've been late more than a handful of times before and have gotten through, no issue.. only the last time at BTM did someone really question me about it. "Most rides won't allow you to go through, but we're nice and will allow it this time.." riiight... *Hides*
Lol we do the same:oops::D

With all the planning you have to do now it's nice that they allow some flexibility.

Honesty the Cast Members seem to be getting nicer every trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Frankly I'm surprised that anyone is surprised this loophole has existed for several years now. It's not uncommon to see someone pull out a zip lock bag with multiple MB's in it, fishing around for one to use at a tap-style in full view of the CM's. The practice has simply become so widespread that it must be impacting FP distribution in a big way and WDW is being forced to deal with it.
This is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Disney always seems to start a program with as little security as possible for the obvious operational reasons. They then clamp down when the abuse becomes widespread. (eg soda machines at the resorts, the original FP systems, ticket media, etc)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Couldn't you just go through security, then go back out to "get something from your car" and then come back through security with someone's AP and then both would be valid in park that day?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
Couldn't you just go through security, then go back out to "get something from your car" and then come back through security with someone's AP and then both would be valid in park that day?

However, the finger biometric scanner wouldn't work, unless it was a never used pass/ticket/magicband.

I'm expecting, in the future, that our photo will be tied to our MDE account. We won't be able to see it, but a CM will. I know that currently if your MB didn't work at the entry points after several attempts, a CM with a tablet would ask to either take your photo or send you to GS...at least that was my experience. I opted for GS - that's when I discovered that you should have no more than 4 or 5 MB active on your MDE account.

raven

Funny how it says:

"Cast Members will have the authority and ability to lock My Disney Experience accounts for those trying to cheat."

It's the Cast Members that do the most cheating of the system! I've personally watched CMs go from one attraction to the next using stacked Fast Passes. They enter the part with their ID then use their 3 Main Gate passes to get onto the rides (which they've loaded up beforehand with FPs). They can get a FP for almost every attraction back-to-back if they did it right.

Hopefully this new system will stop CMs from doing this as well.

CaptainAmerica

So wait. Can I do something as simple as the following: My pregnant wife can't ride Star Tours but my sister might like to ride it twice, so my sister "boops" my wife's MagicBand on the thing and uses her Fastpass. I don't think this is "wrong," as it's no different than giving away a paper Fastpass you're not going to use, something Disney used to actually endorse.

I assume we're talking about something different.

drizgirl

That makes sense! We've never been to WDW so I forgot about the finger scan.
You couldn't get in on someone else's ticket at DLR either since the photo wouldn't match.
However, the finger biometric scanner wouldn't work, unless it was a never used pass/ticket/magicband.

I'm expecting, in the future, that our photo will be tied to our MDE account. We won't be able to see it, but a CM will. I know that currently if your MB didn't work at the entry points after several attempts, a CM with a tablet would ask to either take your photo or send you to GS...at least that was my experience. I opted for GS - that's when I discovered that you should have no more than 4 or 5 MB active on your MDE account.
Using a never used ticket would double your admission price to Disney. I doubt even Disney would have a problem with that. They'd probably roll out the red carpet for anyone who wanted to purchase multiple tickets for each day.
I can't tell a difference in fp availability today or 5 years ago?
5 years ago you could pull FPs for any ride in any park within the timeframes allowed. You were not limited by tiers and could pull FPs for the same ride twice in a row. So you really can't compare. If I get the same number of FPs now, a lot of those are going to be for rides that didn't offer (or need) a FP five years ago.

disney4life2008

You couldn't get in on someone else's ticket at DLR either since the photo wouldn't match.

Using a never used ticket would double your admission price to Disney. I doubt even Disney would have a problem with that. They'd probably roll out the red carpet for anyone who wanted to purchase multiple tickets for each day.

5 years ago you could pull FPs for any ride in any park within the timeframes allowed. You were not limited by tiers and could pull FPs for the same ride twice in a row. So you really can't compare. If I get the same number of FPs now, a lot of those are going to be for rides that didn't offer (or need) a FP five years ago.

Then 2 years ago. Im talking about with fp+.

I will say, i bet within the next 5 years we will have to pay for fp

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

I meant the physical ticket media. I'm an AP - I can either use my AP card or MB to enter the parks. I've never used my current card to enter, so theoretically, I could give the card to someone else to enter one park while I'm at another. Same would apply to any MB I've not activated.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So wait. Can I do something as simple as the following: My pregnant wife can't ride Star Tours but my sister might like to ride it twice, so my sister "boops" my wife's MagicBand on the thing and uses her Fastpass. I don't think this is "wrong," as it's no different than giving away a paper Fastpass you're not going to use, something Disney used to actually endorse.

Way different.

Guests are using multiple magic bands to get, quite literally, dozens of fastpasses.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

Or it will be like Universal's Express Pass - included with your resort reservation at select resorts or certain AP levels or an add on to your ticket. If we end up having to pay for it, I want the unlimited option Uni now offers.

dreamfinder

Edit: They should also show your picture on the screens at each attraction. Otherwise people would probably just enter the park twice. Cheaters seem to really be reaching, I wouldn't put it passed them, so might as well do everything they can to prevent and stop abuse.

FIrst off, finger scans at gate keep people from entering the park twice. Unless they have 2 valid APs, they would still only be let in on one set of media. Second off, showing a picture hampers people who legitimately have valid FP+. For instance, my DW can't do coasters. So we would get 2 FP for 7DMT (legitimately, one for each of us), and I would then use hers. We aren't cheating the system

Cast members could override the system to get you a fastpass (at least in WDW) but you still had to go to the front if you didn't want to hit the same roadblock at each fastpass kiosk.

WDW CMs could give you a FP only ticket if there was problems using your ticket for FPs.

Yeah, something different. The FP+ system would let you book FP+ if there was valid admission on an MDE account, but not check to make sure the ticket has been used for entry. Think you could also then walk up to a FP+ kiosk with any old MB, and use that to get day of FP+. I think there were other loopholes, but this is what I understood easily.

One of the other boards also mentioned that these changes would also let you reassign booked FP+ to guests. So instead of me using my DW MB, we could reassign it to me after I used mine.

DisneyJoe

I think, perhaps, that the bigger issue is likely people using other folks' tickets to book FP+ in advance. Especially if you are a local and have friends with APs . That would seem (I think) to be a bigger issue because a person could be getting an extra 3 FP+ in advance.
This.

There are so called businesses or "tour guides" that guarantee you a FP+ for almost every ride for the day that you are using their services. One strategy is to have a team of locals with APs get FP+ for that day, show up for that day and hand off their bands, and the guests paying for the service get to use the bands to take advantage of this service.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

People have been saying that for years, and it still hasn't happened. Heck, they were saying that about the original FP, and that never happened either. The only thing I can possibly see happening is a tiered FP+ system whren you might receive more for staying on-site. So 3 for all - 4 for value resort guests, 5 for mods, and 6 for deluxe. And even that is doubtful, though I'm sure it has been discussed already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom