WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Laketravis

Frankly I'm surprised that anyone is surprised this loophole has existed for several years now. It's not uncommon to see someone pull out a zip lock bag with multiple MB's in it, fishing around for one to use at a tap-style in full view of the CM's. The practice has simply become so widespread that it must be impacting FP distribution in a big way and WDW is being forced to deal with it.

Jeffxz

Back to Fastpasses, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to deny entry to the Fastpass+ queue if you try to enter with a ticket that hasn't been scanned at the park that day. However, if they are "locking" accounts immediately that seems excessive. A simple denial by the front line cast member is the equivalent of the paper rejection in the old kiosks.

Completely agreed. This is most likely how it will play out since this "extra FP" method wouldn't require the invalid ticket to even be in someone's mde account.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't believe mde will allow you to book overlapping dining reservations anymore. I have no idea if this is enforced over the phone or not.

For FP+, I don't think advance bookings has anything do to with this. From what I understand this has to be done at the in park kiosks on the same day.

Either I'm not understanding the workaround or maybe you are only talking about same day advance bookings.

You are correct, MDE won't let you double book ADRs within an hour (maybe a bit longer) of each other anymore and if you call Disney Dining, CMs should see overlapping reservations and not allow you to double book.

I must admit the article wasn't clear how guests were using expired tickets to make a second set of FP+ selections. MDE does look for current active tickets and if this is being done in the park via a kiosk, don't you have to scan the ticket? My thought was that most of the cheating was being done by using someone else's magic band at the ride touch points.

Jeffxz

You are correct, MDE won't let you double book ADRs within an hour (maybe a bit longer) of each other anymore and if you call Disney Dining, CMs should see overlapping reservations and not allow you to double book.

I must admit the article wasn't clear how guests were using expired tickets to make a second set of FP+ selections. MDE does look for current active tickets and if this is being done in the park via a kiosk, don't you have to scan the ticket? My thought was that most of the cheating was being done by using someone else's magic band at the ride touch points.

To get extra fast passes at the in park kiosk you just need to have some sort of Disney rfid media that isn't linked to your account. This could be an unactivated magic band, someone else's old magic band, an older rfid room key, or one of the green FP+ cards, or anything else Disney has used over the past few years. If this media isn't in your mde account, the kiosk doesn't know you already have other FPs.

The kiosk doesn't check for valid admission rights, it just assumes that since you are in the park you have a right to be there. So it will allow you to link an FP to anything.

Kman101

To get extra fast passes at the in park kiosk you just need to have some sort of Disney rfid media that isn't linked to your account. This could be an unactivated magic band, someone else's old magic band, an older rfid room key, or one of the green FP+ cards, or anything else Disney has used over the past few years. If this media isn't in your mde account, the kiosk doesn't know you already have other FPs.

The kiosk doesn't check for valid admission rights, it just assumes that since you are in the park you have a right to be there. So it will allow you to link an FP to anything.

Wow.

Would have never thought to do anything like this.

Kman101

Executing the program the way I'd like would involve a guillotine.

Why? You want to go back to running to different kiosks? That sucked. JMO of course. I like booking on my phone very much. It's a problem that people can book months and months ahead of time that I have an issue with. And with the old system you could have one at a time. Now you have three. I think it's a lot better, but to each their own. I'm planning a return visit to Disneyland and honestly not looking forward to using the old way they do FastPasses. But again, to each their own.

Casper Gutman

Why? You want to go back to running to different kiosks? That sucked. JMO of course. I like booking on my phone very much. It's a problem that people can book months and months ahead of time that I have an issue with. And with the old system you could have one at a time. Now you have three. I think it's a lot better, but to each their own. I'm planning a return visit to Disneyland and honestly not looking forward to using the old way they do FastPasses. But again, to each their own.

The kiosks were better than FP+, but no FP at all was better than both.

DL has been a breath of fresh air up to now - I'm worried about the new system.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

Interesting. I did not know that...I still have most of my old Key to the World cards. I never would have thought to game the system or that it was even possible.

Kman101

The kiosks were better than FP+, but no FP at all was better than both.

DL has been a breath of fresh air up to now - I'm worried about the new system.

I don't agree about the kiosks but like I said, JMO, lol. I like booking on my phone. I like being able to edit them and look for different times. It's much better.

I'd imagine the kiosks at the other parks will eventually go the way of the phone down the line. Maybe not anytime soon but it wouldn't at all surprise me. I'm surprised DL hasn't done it yet TBH.

But I'm with you, I'd rather have NO fastpasses.

doctornick

OK. That's interesting and bizarre. Seems like a crazy hassle though, especially since you'd have to use the kiosks. You're only going to get the "leftovers" of what's available for FP+ that day -- which can still have value, but it's as much use as FP+ booked in advance.

I think, perhaps, that the bigger issue is likely people using other folks' tickets to book FP+ in advance. Especially if you are a local and have friends with APs . That would seem (I think) to be a bigger issue because a person could be getting an extra 3 FP+ in advance.

Seems likes just confirming that the pass has been used for admission that day -- as apparently planned -- would make this abuse go away.

Sonconato

I had no idea you could even take advantage of FP+ unless you activated your park ticket. Sad but unsurprising there are low lifes that found a way to scam the system.
I didn't know it was possible either. But I'm also not surprised…I'm sure they're the same low life scum that jump the line from the Standby line to the Fastpass line when they're out of view of the CMs. We see it all of time.

Kman101

I didn't know it was possible either. But I'm also not surprised…I'm sure they're the same low life scum that jump the line from the Standby line to the Fastpass line when they're out of view of the CMs. We see it all of time.

Yep. I see it happen too. I think they made a mistake doing away with the second tapstiles in the FP line. I get and understand why they did though.

Tom Morrow

IIRC the legacy Fastpass system got in-park validation when they switched to the longer rectangular tickets, so 2007? 2008? I could be wrong though. But that's nearly a decade after it debuted.
Frankly I'm surprised that anyone is surprised this loophole has existed for several years now. It's not uncommon to see someone pull out a zip lock bag with multiple MB's in it, fishing around for one to use at a tap-style in full view of the CM's. The practice has simply become so widespread that it must be impacting FP distribution in a big way and WDW is being forced to deal with it.
Similar to the old Guest Assistance Cards that did not require a return time. The abuse grew to side a widespread extreme that it was throwing off the Fastpass system and inflating standby lines even more. Disney generally ignores abuse and loopholes until they make enough of a dent.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

This is why I wish Disney kept the second checkpoint at all of the attractions. I know it slowed things down, but it prevented people from jumping over. In theory, of course. They still might get rewarded because Disney's frontline managers are spineless.

Herbie

The only fastpass cheat I've performed is that I've been late more than a handful of times before and have gotten through, no issue.. only the last time at BTM did someone really question me about it. "Most rides won't allow you to go through, but we're nice and will allow it this time.." riiight... *Hides*

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster

I did that once, but only after I realized in the dark at Kilimanjaro that I'd somehow gotten into the standby line, instead of the FP line. I did, though show the CM at the 2nd scan point my FP on my phone, just to prove I wasn't a line jumper. And that was after my comment to those around me "I'm in standby? I've got a FP".....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom