WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist...?

Figments Friend

-
Hi Folks.

I have a friend who is thinking of purchasing some tickets for WDW from Undercover Tourist. Although i have advised that it is probably best to go directly through Disney or their own travel agency, said friend is tempted by the savings they see on the Undercover Tourist website.

Out of curiousity, i looked over the website and their currant price list and can see how someone could be tempted to purchase there, exspecially if staying for longer visits.
They seem to have a decent reputation, and note they are officially licensed by Disney to sell discounted Park Tickets.

So my question for all of you is this : Have any of you personally had any experiences purchasing and using WDW tickets bought from Undercover Tourist?
Where you pleased or dissapointed? Is it really worth the intended savings to buy from them instead of directly from Disney ?

Castle Dreamer

I have also ordered from Undercover Tourist. They are legitimate and you get regular tickets. As long as you don't open them, they will even take the tickets back if you change your mind. I think they charge a 5% restocking fee but nice to know they are refundable.

Upvote 0
BTW, if you get the Mousesavers newsletter and follow their link to Undercover Tourist, the prices are even slightly lower.

I've always bought them from Undercover Tourist through the mousesavers link also. I've probably done it four or five times and never had an issue with them. The delivery always seems very quick.

Upvote 0

luv

I'm not sure what you mean by "worth the intended savings", but I ordered from them and was very pleased. Tickets arrived before they were promised.

Any time I buy tickets for others, I get them from a place that sells discounted, but legitimate, tickets. UT is one of those places. If they're the cheapest legitimate tickets you can find, go with them! :)

Upvote 0

traylorc

I have purchased from Undercover Tourists on many occasions. Never had any issues.

I wouldn't say their prices are substantially lower than Disney's...but every little bit helps.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The only time I would ever suggest someone buy the tickets directly from Disney is if they were needed as part of a package deal, or if they were being offered as part of a promotion. For instance, free dining requires a minimum ticket purchase. And some of the sporting events will sell tickets through Disney at a decent discount. Otherwise there is absolutely no need to difference to buying tickets direct (except for the cost). The tickets sold by UT are legit and identical to what you would get if you buy them from the gate. Another popular reseller is Maple Leaf Tickets.

The savings may not be substantial, but over a 7 day ticket, you could save enough per ticket to pay for a meal. And every bit helps.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Over the years I have bought from Undercover Tourist, Ticket Mania and Maple Leaf Tickets depending on which has the best price for the particular ticket I'm looking for. (Though in recent years its always been Undercover Tourist thanks to the MouseSavers newsletter specials)

I essentially saved about $45 on my recent Annual Pass purchase by buying a discounted 8-day Non-Expiring Hopper from UCT and upgrading it to an AP for $4.26.

-Rob

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

I just checked their website. I checked the price of a Florida resident discount directly through Disney, and ran it against the Undercover Tourist price. The savings involved the equivalent of the 6.5% sales tax. I would accept a 6.5% discount as a deal on WDW tickets.

Upvote 0

Britt

Heck yeah, that's who we got our tickets from! It only took about a week or so! We had no problems with them at all :D I would definitely use then again!

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

luv

Like someone else pointed out...if you want one of the many Disney promos (e.g. Free Dining), you have to give up discounts on rooms, tickets, food, etc.

But if you're getting a cheaper room and want cheaper tickets, buying from a legitimate wholesaler is a option. :)

Upvote 0

Figments Friend

Original Poster
-
Hey there everyone, a big thank you for all your imput and comments.
It sounds like a valid option for my friend, so i will pass on the love from all of you.

I am familiar with the MouseSavers newletter..it IS indeed nice to get in your Inbox.
I had viewed the Undercover Tourist links previously but was not 100% sure how legit they are.
Now i have a better idea after the feedback here, and elsewhere where i have poked around.
Sounds like a good option for those looking for tickets at a slight discount.

I agree regarding the package deals vs. room only and getting tix elsewhere. This is exactly what i will be doing next time i am in town in January, a room only discount and i will use up the left over days on my old 10-day Non Exp.
Oh...so hard to see that 10-day go....saved me SO much $$$ over the years, exspecially with the price increases over the past 5 years.

Again, THANK YOU for your responses! I appreciate your prompt replies!
:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom