WDW Ticket Price Increase

seascape

These increases are relatively modest. Sure, the 7-day park hopper is almost $800, but it only went up about 4% and since the last increase, they’ve opened two nighttime spectaculars with an unprecedented level of popularity, a rat ride that guests scurry toward faster than a rodent sprints after a crêpe wrapper, and they’ve unveiled The World’s Most Magical Popcorn Bucket©.
WHAT ONLY 4% INCREASE WHEN INFLATION IS 7%. I love how everyone keeps complaining about Disney's price increase but did anyone else listen to the Cedar Fair call and how they increaded ticketvrevenue per cap by 8% due to their taking over ticket sales from lots of third parties.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
These increases are relatively modest. Sure, the 7-day park hopper is almost $800, but it only went up about 4% and since the last increase, they’ve opened two nighttime spectaculars with an unprecedented level of popularity, a rat ride that guests scurry toward faster than a rodent sprints after a crêpe wrapper, and they’ve unveiled The World’s Most Magical Popcorn Bucket©.

Truth be told, I believe this was overdue. The last increase was before SWGE and MMRR opened, as well.
Yeah…standard operating procedure, huh?

ToTBellHop

WHAT ONLY 4% INCREASE WHEN INFLATION IS 7%. I love how everyone keeps complaining about Disney's price increase but did anyone else listen to the Cedar Fair call and how they increaded ticketvrevenue per cap by 8% due to their taking over ticket sales from lots of third parties.
I am more appalled at the food situation at WDW than tickets. The price of a Mickey pretzel or bottle of soda is outrageous. 4% more for tickets after adding SWGE, MMRR, RRA, and the fireworks is rather modest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Year ending 2021 was 4.7%. It’s the year over year average that is an actual benchmark…not monthly, Tucker

ToTBellHop

One of my favorite pics of Chapek.
Here’s mine:
1645100080971.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am more appalled at the food situation at WDW than tickets. The price of a Mickey pretzel or bottle of soda is outrageous. 4% more for tickets after adding SWGE, MMRR, RRA, and the fireworks is rather modest.
Can’t both suck?

why does the consumer have to make excuses for the supplier? Only in the “magic” kingdom does this happen

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
By spin you mean reality? That the inflation rate is up 7.5% and that costs of goods and materials are up across the board?

Of course that leaves out the fact that ticket prices are based upon DEMAND not inflation and not cost. So if the demand is there, and given park attendance it certainly seems so, the correct thing to do is to raise prices.
Nice number, Ace…even though it’s high anyway…

Do you do parking tickets? I need somebody to help me get out of a $14 whammy in Trenton, Nj

JMcMahonEsq

I know a good lawyer but IMHO laying out $500 to fight a parking violation is a bad investment
For a serious post the tickets themselves aren’t worth fighting. You get an attorney to challenge parking or moving violations so you can knock down the points assessment on your insurance.

Figgy1

For a serious post the tickets themselves aren’t worth fighting. You get an attorney to challenge parking or moving violations so you can knock down the points assessment on your insurance.
I've had a couple of parking tickets but thankfully never had a moving violation but if I did I'd want to get the points knocked down so yes I'd hire a lawyer

Lilofan

If you fight it in court, hope the police officer doesn't show up then case could be dismissed by the judge.

jasminethecat

Companies with large profits (amazon, disney, starbucks, chipotle, etc.) have recently been increasing prices because... wait for it... they can! The news keeps saying we have record inflation, which actually might mean something to a small farmer who has to pay more in fertilizer, feed or shipping charges to bring their product to market. It means something to a small business owner who had to raise prices in the past year because workers are rightfully demanding higher wages and benefits. But if you're a large corporation already turning a solid profit, and you raise the prices of your key products right now and call it "inflation" then you're full of crap. The rest of us will sarcastically argue "well it's 4% and not 7.5%!" or "cedar point did worse!" while the corporations laugh at us and count their growing stacks of money.

The main motivator for all of this is greed which is allowed because corporate tax rates and top individual rates were decimated during the 1980's under President Ronald Reagan. It didn't used to make sense to pay a CEO millions if they had to give 90% back in taxes. Companies had to reinvest their profits immediately in extra staff, training and infrastructure so they didn't just hand the money over to the government. Once that went away we got true capitalism - where every entity literally wants to get as much money for as little input as possible. That lowered input may be shown by not painting the entire splash mountain ride the same color. Or not doing housekeeping every day or two. Or making a LARP "hotel" and not paying enough for the actors or entertainment options in it. Companies like Disney are pushing the boundaries of cheapness because for every 100 poor families who only dream of going to Disney (and they might even work there!), there is at least one family with enough income or credit card room to finance a $10K trip every year or so.

Casper Gutman

Then they weren’t paying attention to Robert Iger…

what do you think, @Rteetz ?
Oh, it was bad then, no question. But the intensification since 2015 has far surpassed anything that came before. Doubling prices, six years to build a cloned ride, no trams, no regular housekeeping, severe understaffing, park reservations, line-skip upcharge, a third of EPCOT behind walls for years, massive entertainment cuts, one cost-cut parade in the entire resort, two hundred dollar shortened holiday parties, skyrocketing room rates, wait times on the help line that almost always exceed an hour, headliner rides breaking with clockwork regularity due to a chronic lack of maintenance, rides running without multiple effects working properly, diminished food portions and dramatically inflated food prices, several tremendously disappointing nighttime “spectaculars” - in 2015, all this would have been dismissed as the absurd hyperbole of a doom-and-gloomer on these boards. The poster would have been mocked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom