WDW things I will never gripe about again....

Disstevefan1

Original Poster
Remember the old days when the parks were open and we used to complain about things? After this Coronavirus stuff is over and we can enjoy the parks, even with its problems I pledge to not complain about the following. Please feel free to add to the list:

Bag check
Overcrowding in the parks.
Tour groups.
Feeling like an overheated wet sponge in the middle of August
The Monorail not running for a seemingly unknown reason.
Stoppages on the Skyliner.
No plastic straws.
The future loss of plastic bags.
Fast pass plus.
Standby queues.
Strollers.
No where to sit at a counter service.
Paying $8 for a sample at Food and Wine.
Imagination.
The tree house.
Everything about Galaxy’s Edge.
Price increases on everything.
When a ride breaks.
Disney Springs.
Removal of the fountain in front of the aid station.
The million walls in EPCOT

I could go on.... Can’t wait to experience any of the above and be thankful....

Last edited:

Rosanne

I am thankful that Disney just notified me that they have stopped withdrawing my monthly payment to them for my Resident Annual Pass. I think you list of complaints will continue whenever they reopen. Its the nature of the beast. I agree wholeheartedly about $ 8 for "tastes of food" at Epcot. Unfortunately, you cant do many tastes for that much money. They should be $ 2 or $ 3. They are literally one bite of food.

MickeyLuv'r

After 9/11, I'm sure I heard many people say things like, "Plane passengers will never ignore the flight safety announcement again," and I thought that was silly. Sure enough, people went back to (mostly) ignoring the announcement once they already knew all the details, like how to fasten their seatbelts.

I hope when this passes we will treat many employees with more respect, like those who clean hotel rooms, but perhaps even that is a bit aspirational on my part.

When WDW re-opens, well, I suspect people will actually have a host of concerns, including some of the things you list.

I think it is important to consider why people complain in the first place. and how people complain. People tend to focus on things like straws, because it is mentally digestible and concrete in nature. We don't complain about things we don't understand, and things that are too complicated.

Often, people tend to scapegoat. Look at some of the back and forth on these boards right now. Everyone is scared, but we don't get mad at a virus.

eliza61nyc

the price of a bottle of soda. lol maybe because I live in a state where they have a tax on sugary drinks, I never understood the outcry. I went to see Madonna in concert and a cup of soda was 7 bucks.

I miss my happy place and it's not looking good for my August trip. :arghh:😭

John park hopper

the price of a bottle of soda. lol maybe because I live in a state where they have a tax on sugary drinks, I never understood the outcry. I went to see Madonna in concert and a cup of soda was 7 bucks.

I miss my happy place and it's not looking good for my August trip. :arghh:😭
How is the knee eliza ?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If I feel I'm getting good value for my vacation dollar, I'll never complain about... //your list//... again.

However, if I think I'm getting cheaped or gypped on any of those listed items, I'm going to rant about it here.

I'm paying way too many $$$ to get cheap straws.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Remember the old days when the parks were open and we used to complain about things? After this Coronavirus stuff is over and we can enjoy the parks, even with its problems I pledge to not complain about the following. Please feel free to add to the list:

No plastic straws.

Nope.

Pepper's Ghost

No plastic straws.
The future loss of plastic bags.
Fast pass plus.
Standby queues.
No where to sit at a counter service.
Paying $8 for a sample at Food and Wine.
Imagination.
The tree house.
Everything about Galaxy’s Edge.
Price increases on everything.
When a ride breaks.
Disney Springs.
Removal of the fountain in front of the aid station.
The million walls in EPCOT

I could go on.... Can’t wait to experience any of the above and be thankful....

While I'm onboard with most of your list, I can't subscribe to not complaining about FP+. It's an abomination! 🤬

Pepper's Ghost

I will never complain about the crowds. I miss being around Disney tourists. Even the crazed star wars people many of which I have seen walking around with dolls talking to them as if they were real people. These were adults btw.

I'm a huge "Star Wars people", but I don't walk around talking to inanimate objects. 😲 That's just fricken' weird. 🤪

disney4life2008

I'm a huge "Star Wars people", but I don't walk around talking to inanimate objects. 😲 That's just fricken' weird. 🤪

LOL how do you think I feel when I see star wars people walking around with dolls petting and talking to dolls? I see the same thing with adults walking around with that horrific bird from pandora. But I just look, keep my cooments to myself...

Disstevefan1

Original Poster
I will never complain about the crowds. I miss being around Disney tourists. Even the crazed star wars people many of which I have seen walking around with dolls talking to them as if they were real people. These were adults btw.

I forgot to add overcrowding to my list (how could I do this?) ! Adding it now - Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom