WDW: The Sights, Sounds, and ...Smells?

donaldtoo

I just had a thought about how cool it would be to drive down the road with a green glow, cobwebs, and a hitchhiking ghost in your passenger seat...! I wonder, would that qualify you for the car ghoul...eh ehm...car pool lane...?! o_O
I know, VERY bad, but I just couldn't resist...:oops: ;)

BTW...
Sorry for the slight thread drift. :p :D ;)

BryceM

Am I the only one that goes on Carousel of Progress JUST to smell it?... or get outta the heat. I swear there's a smell that I'm addicted to in CoP!!!! I love it!! It's probably a mixture of dust and gunk on the carpet.. but I love the smell:3

I only wish Disney had the smell for maybe Energy Adventure that Universal has for E.T.'s queue line. Woooooo addictive smells. >->
Yeah, E.T. Adventure's queue smell is one of the best of the best. Such an amazing smell.

worldtraveler

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Polynesian lobby. Thatis my absolute favorite smell and often think of that when remembering my going back to the world. If somebody has mentioned that, just use this as verification that this smell is best.

Alexis

No problem!

You know I was kinda inspired the other day to do this. I go to school at Boston University and a few days ago I got on the T (Boston's subway/transit system). Since the subway doors were about to close, the driver said "Please stand clear of the doors" and nobody listened. So then he said "Please stand clear of the doors...por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas" Surprising everyone listened, but I don't think anyone on the train got the monrail reference but me, which just made it that much more special.

That just got me in the Disney mood for the rest of the day and for some reason I was smelling Disney left and right. I had to go to Faneuil Hall (really old building) and I walked in and I was like wow, this smells like the Haunted Mansion. Then I went to my dorm and it smelled like the contemporary. Then I took our school shuttle bus, and it smelled like the Disney bus.

Safe to say I had a good day :) But those smells of Disney World are special to me, and when I smell them in the real world it's such an awesome feeling.
That's awesome! You have really great descriptions... I feel like every ride and land has its own smell. Including those older looking restaurants on Main Street. But yes! Seems like every one agrees with you on the smells of Disney!

mickey2008.1

Yup, the POLY GCH, it has something to do with the indoor water feature. Always the water. WDW just has it's own smell in general, or do we make it up? Does popcorn really smell beeter here than a movie theater? YES!

DaddyDisneyMan

Oranges = Horizons.

Also, as mentioned earlier, the water rides have that distinct smell to them. As do the buses and the monorail.
OMG, the buses! I thought I was the only one that thought of that. Whenever I am near a greyhound bus or a school bus the exhaust smaes bring me back to waiting at our resort to head to one of the parks. I thought I was crazy, well maybe I am. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
What smell is in the Contemporary? We are staying there in May so I am curious.

It's hard to describe. It first my family and I just referred to it as "That 70's Smell". Thinking that it had an oldish smell just because the resort was an original. Then they did a refurb of the resort, and it still smelled the same. So clearly it wasn't because it was old.

To me it's a mixture of bananas and clean carpet. Haha I'm sure that probably doesn't help in the slightest, but it's hard to describe. Mind you, the Contemporary smells very nice. And it'll be distinct from other places on property so you should be able to notice it. Hope you have a great trip!

Genie of the Lamp

Nothing says smells of WDW like having to wait in the HM standby line when it's a 95 degree day in the summer when standing behind a guy looking to be 6'4" 270 pounds with sweat literally pouring down his back and standing right behind him. That was quite a "Disney experience".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom