WDW: The Sights, Sounds, and ...Smells?

Yert3

Well like you said, I love the smell of the water attractions. Also love the smell of The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. It smells like a real old house. Having grown up in New England where most of the houses are hundreds of years old, they smell the exact same! I dunno how they do it. I love subtle things like that.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I totally agree with you... all the rides have a smell. Thanks for the post on describing the smells and sounds of the rides...brings back memories :)

No problem!

You know I was kinda inspired the other day to do this. I go to school at Boston University and a few days ago I got on the T (Boston's subway/transit system). Since the subway doors were about to close, the driver said "Please stand clear of the doors" and nobody listened. So then he said "Please stand clear of the doors...por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas" Surprising everyone listened, but I don't think anyone on the train got the monrail reference but me, which just made it that much more special.

That just got me in the Disney mood for the rest of the day and for some reason I was smelling Disney left and right. I had to go to Faneuil Hall (really old building) and I walked in and I was like wow, this smells like the Haunted Mansion. Then I went to my dorm and it smelled like the contemporary. Then I took our school shuttle bus, and it smelled like the Disney bus.

Safe to say I had a good day :) But those smells of Disney World are special to me, and when I smell them in the real world it's such an awesome feeling.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster has a very unique smell in the alleyway. I can't describe it, but my mother's Galaxy S phone battery smelt exactly like it. It's definitely one of my favorite smells.

Does anyone else know the smell I'm referring to?

I do know what you're talking about. There is a smell in there. Alleyway smell? I can't really describe it.

Although a better question might be..why are you smelling phone batteries? Lol (kidding of course)

BryceM

I do know what you're talking about. There is a smell in there. Alleyway smell? I can't really describe it.

Although a better question might be..why are you smelling phone batteries? Lol (kidding of course)
You know, that's a good question! And it's like an "electronic alleyway" smell, which makes no sense. Maybe it's the smell of the LSMs that launch the coaster? Haha, who knows.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Am I the only one that goes on Carousel of Progress JUST to smell it?... or get outta the heat. I swear there's a smell that I'm addicted to in CoP!!!! I love it!! It's probably a mixture of dust and gunk on the carpet.. but I love the smell:3

I only wish Disney had the smell for maybe Energy Adventure that Universal has for E.T.'s queue line. Woooooo addictive smells. >->

donaldtoo

Since the very first time I rode PotC at Disneyland in 1968, at the age of six, that sweet musty water smell has been imbedded in my brain. It's just as good at WDW, and, as crazy as it may (or may not) sound, it IS Magic to me! :)
I've posted this on another thread here not all that long ago, but...
When I start my old beater car up and turn on the A/C on a summer afternoon it smells just as musty as PotC for about 30-40 seconds...a little bit of Disneyland/WDW heaven for me!
When I first walk into our office building in the morning (most times - not always, for some reason :confused: ;) ) it smells just like the POR lobby!
Someone nuked some popcorn in the office kitchen this afternoon, and I went STRAIGHT to Main Street USA...!
VERY cool how we all seem to bring Disney back to the "real world" with us through our various senses! :) We may seem a bit of a silly lot to others sometimes, but, boy howdy, most of us are a darn happy, Magical lot...! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom