WDW Space Mountain Music?

freedogshampoo

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I rode on Space Mountain twice today (right side track) and while I heard sound effects coming out of speakers around the track I didn't hear any music. I asked two CMs and both said that WDWs Space Mountain has never had music and that only DL does in the states (they did note WDW plays music but ONLY during MVMVP).

But I seriously recall fun space/surfer style music. A google search led me to a Disney Parks Blog page from 2010 that touts new music and speakers at WDW.

When did this get removed?

TY!

Cmdr_Crimson

Hi everyone!

I rode on Space Mountain twice today (right side track) and while I heard sound effects coming out of speakers around the track I didn't hear any music. I asked two CMs and both said that WDWs Space Mountain has never had music and that only DL does in the states (they did note WDW plays music but ONLY during MVMVP).

But I seriously recall fun space/surfer style music. A google search led me to a Disney Parks Blog page from 2010 that touts new music and speakers at WDW.

When did this get removed?

TY!
First off..
25b26d47-4879-4602-897a-b0425d87994e_text.gif

It wasn't removed.. It faintly plays because they don't want to Amp up the volume in the ride so, you hear more sound effects due to this..so, those CM's don't know sqwa-doo if it plays or not. But, this is the music that "doesn't" play in the ride even tho they touted it's Starry-O-Phonic track for it..

And you can hear this play as your exiting the attraction as it's part of the loop..

The one you are thinking of is the former DL Space Mountain version done by Dick Dale...

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

There’s always been music entering and thru the tunnels and they both have their own track it may have just not not been working. But once you make that turn in the tunnels and get to the windows they are only sound effects. The cast members lie like that to try to enhance the experience I feel like. I tested it one night when the torch in illumination is malfunctioned and one told me that there’s never been a torch or fireworks and the other one told me it was working I must have missed it.

freedogshampoo

Original Poster
First off..

It wasn't removed.. It faintly plays because they don't want to Amp up the volume in the ride so, you hear more sound effects due to this..so, those CM's don't know sqwa-doo if it plays or not. But, this is the music that "doesn't" play in the ride even tho they touted it's Starry-O-Phonic track for it..

And you can hear this play as your exiting the attraction as it's part of the loop..

The one you are thinking of is the former DL Space Mountain version done by Dick Dale...

Thanks for the insight! I am very fond of the music and it must have been so low it was totally inaudible, cuz I know I'd recognize it instantly. I was only able to ride the right side track... wish I could have gone to the other side to see if it was any louder.

Will listen to these tonight!

Last edited:

freedogshampoo

Original Poster
There’s always been music entering and thru the tunnels and they both have their own track it may have just not not been working. But once you make that turn in the tunnels and get to the windows they are only sound effects. The cast members lie like that to try to enhance the experience I feel like. I tested it one night when the torch in illumination is malfunctioned and one told me that there’s never been a torch or fireworks and the other one told me it was working I must have missed it.

Omg 🤣🤣🤣 These CMs are the worst ☠️. Hahahahah.

Chef Mickey

I'm not surprised. In terms of actual Disney Park knowledge, I've found many cast members to know less than average lukewarm Disney fans.

CMs DO tend to act like they know. I once had a CM told me "The Yeti never moved in Everest" and that it was only a "pre-opening" idea that failed.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I'm not surprised. In terms of actual Disney Park knowledge, I've found many cast members to know less than average lukewarm Disney fans.

CMs DO tend to act like they know. I once had a CM told me "The Yeti never moved in Everest" and that it was only a "pre-opening" idea that failed.
I’ve heard that, it’s like a car dealership at WDW you listen to their lies and loose allot of money

baharini

Are the sound effects / voices from the Space Mountain queue available anywhere? I remember hearing various effects and mission control style voices playing every once in a while in the load station switchback queue area when I rode last month but haven't been able to find them online.

sonoma15

The music has been mostly completely broken for awhile now. The last time I went on the only speaker playing music that was working was at the top of one of the lift hills.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are the sound effects / voices from the Space Mountain queue available anywhere? I remember hearing various effects and mission control style voices playing every once in a while in the load station switchback queue area when I rode last month but haven't been able to find them online.

As individual tracks? I'm not sure, honestly. I don't have them, but my collection is far from complete and someone may have them. The old Entrance Music, Star Tunnel and 3rd Tunnel ambiance pieces are readily available.

JohnD

First off..

The music from the last video you can get from the Disney Classics CD. But there is also this one.

JohnD

This is the music you hear as you're walking to the loading area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom