WDW set to raise prices once again -- myFOXOrlando

thelookingglass

It boggles my mind that they can think these ridiculously high ticket prices are in any way justified with the continuing decline in quality and lack of new attractions.

Spike-in-Berlin

Go to the official Disney parks blog and place your comment, I just did it.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/new-information-about-tickets/#comment-17011

Considering the fact that the quality in the parks is continiously declining for years with inadequate maintenance (Expedition Everest as the prime example), a lot of atmosphere and kinetics lost by shutting down most foutains in Magic Kingdom, canceled or lesser shows and bands (when was the last time that the Carribean Plaza featured the steel drum band?) and no major additions being built in the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Animal Kingdom for years now, this is absolutely not acceptable. Build new attractions, restore existing ones to former glory and increasing the prices becomes understandable. In the present situation that is nothing but a rip-off.

And don't even mention the FLE. They raised prices NOW and not after the opening of the FLE so at the moment (and for another 2 years!) there will be no additonal attractions that would compensate the raise.

perrych

What is odd about the report I was reading was that it said they would honor the old tickets until January 3rd. That was odd - considering Disney has always honored older tickets anytime (including someone who brought in the old ticket books!). Is this a change in policy or just poor reporting or is there something I'm missing?

AndyMagic

Wow. Universal adds a 250 million dollar addition complete with an enormous groundbreaking E-ticket and Disney adds uhhh... hmmmm... ummm... let's see. Ohh right, they added a new TTA narration and signage? Clearly Disney is perfectly justified in raising their ticket prices. Maybe they consider all the broken effects on all of their rides as a "new experience."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Wow. Universal adds a 250 million dollar addition complete with an enormous groundbreaking E-ticket and Disney adds uhhh... hmmmm... ummm... let's see. Ohh right, they added a new TTA narration and signage? Clearly Disney is perfectly justified in raising their ticket prices. :confused::confused::confused::brick::brick: Maybe they consider all the broken effects on all of their rides as a "new experience."

BUT - it took IOA 10 years to add anything of significance to that park, and Universal followed suit with Disney upping the ticket price in every one of those 10 years. Disney have a far higher new attraction count than Universal.

AndyMagic

BUT - it took IOA 10 years to add anything of significance to that park, and Universal followed suit with Disney upping the ticket price in every one of those 10 years. Disney have a far higher new attraction count than Universal.

Why are you only mentioning IOA? USF added plenty of new attractions during those years. IOA didn't add anything because it OPENED as a full-day park to begin with and had 7 or 8 E-tickets in 1999. Animal Kingdom opened with 2 rides and caged animals and took nearly 10 years to open a decent new attraction that is already broken.

Larry Mondello

So.. If I buy them today online today for a trip starting on Aug 14th do I still get them at the current rates?

Yes

If I buy them today and for some reason I can't go on Aug 14th do I still have the option of using those tickets at some point in the future within a years time?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Why are you only mentioning IOA? USF added plenty of new attractions during those years. IOA didn't add anything because it OPENED as a full-day park to begin with and had 7 or 8 E-tickets in 1999. Animal Kingdom opened with 2 rides and caged animals and took nearly 10 years to open a decent new attraction that is already broken.

I mentioned IOA because you brought up Potter.

E-Tickets at IOA? Perhaps Hulk, DD, Spiderman. That's 3.

You obviously haven't been to AK. If you had you would realize that very few of the animals are caged.

I mentioned IOA because you brought up Potter.

E-Tickets at IOA? Perhaps Hulk, DD, Spiderman. That's 3.

You obviously haven't been to AK. If you had you would realize that very few of the animals are caged.

Adding to the E-tickets before WWoHP, Ripsaw Falls should be added to the list, and to the previous poster, the WWoHP expansion was around a $400 million price tag when it was all said and done.

Also Universal tickets for the longest time were a 7 day park hopper for $99, so I don't agree with the statement that Universal was always raising ticket prices matching Disney, they raised there prices this year to reflect the new offerings after years of offering the flat fee of $99 for 7 day park hopper. Hope this clears up some misconceptions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Adding to the E-tickets before WWoHP, Ripsaw Falls should be added to the list, and to the previous poster, the WWoHP expansion was around a $400 million price tag when it was all said and done.

Also Universal tickets for the longest time were a 7 day park hopper for $99, so I don't agree with the statement that Universal was always raising ticket prices matching Disney, they raised there prices this year to reflect the new offerings after years of offering the flat fee of $99 for 7 day park hopper. Hope this clears up some misconceptions.

It's only really fair to compare the single day, 1 park admission. And in that regard, Universal and Sea World have both raised their prices each year along with Disney. Which is why a Universal 1 day ticket today costs $79, the same as a single day WDW park ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom