WDW Running Trails

Ariel484

Original Poster
I know this has been touched on, but which is your favorite?

For our June 2011 trip I'm thinking CR or WL (yes, I'm one of those crazy planners). AKL was on my radar as well but I am not a huge treadmill fan (and CR or WL seems like a location upgrade for sure). Any thoughts on the trails at these resorts?

I've only ever stayed at the BW Inn and I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of the ability to run around the Boardwalk and past YC/BC...:hammer:

stlbobby

I have never run at CR, but WL is pretty good. You did miss a great run at the BW.

My personal favorite, based just on running, is Saratoga Springs. I love heading over to DTD through the bus stops and then cruising past all the shops. In the mornings it is almost empty, but the music is playing and the maintenance crews all wave and say, "Hi." You can then cut back into the resort across the foot bridge for the golf course. It is a great run and the fitness center at SS is one of the best for cooling down.

Old Key West has some nice areas on the edge of the resort, and if you are willing to go a bit longer you can reach DTD from there as well.

My second favorite runs are through the All-Stars. They don't have specific paths, but it is easy to weave through the resorts and look at all of the great theming.

WishIwasThere

Last year durning our visit I planned out a route for my DW, who needed a 10 mile run. She started at Poly (we were staying at SoG) and ran up to GF, back to Poly, over to TTC, down an service access road (early in AM so no traffic) to WL and followed the trails over to the campground and did a loop there, back to WL and back down the access road to TTC and back to Poly. Worked really good. You could even do a loop around the back road of MK I suppose.

Other than the loop (1 mile) around CBR, I really can't add anything. My DW loved the MK resort plan I put together. I just wished the path went all the way around the seven seas lagoon. That would be a good trail.

fractal

I really enjoyed the trail at PORS - The trees provided some nice shade from the Florida sun.

The loop from BC to Boardwalk is nice but no shade there.

SeaCastle

You could try running on the golf courses, but I think it's hit or miss depending on if they catch you running there.

Ariel484

Original Poster
...My second favorite runs are through the All-Stars. They don't have specific paths, but it is easy to weave through the resorts and look at all of the great theming.

Good point, I always run better when I have lots of things to look at so I get distracted :D

Last year durning our visit I planned out a route for my DW...

Ooh, that route sounds really nice. I need to study the property map a litte better and come up with something like that!

I really enjoyed the trail at PORS - The trees provided some nice shade from the Florida sun.

The loop from BC to Boardwalk is nice but no shade there.

I know what you mean, shade is key. We'll be staying at PORS for the Princess Half but I probably won't run at all for a few days after that race, so I might miss that one as well. :hammer:

You could try running on the golf courses, but I think it's hit or miss depending on if they catch you running there.

And hopefully I wouldn't get smacked in the head by a golf ball! But I'm a goody two-shoes so I don't think I'll take the risk if I could possibly get in trouble. (feel free to make fun!) :lookaroun

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

This link is a great way to track your miles in places like Disney or National Parks where you can't always drive the route.

Thanks for the link! I actually own a Garmin Forerunner and I track my mileage with that. It's really given me a lot of freedom...so maybe I should just take the Garmin and wing it, hoping not to get lost along the way. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom