WDW Rides at DL?

PrincessJenn5795

I actually like Mission:Space, but I wouldn't want an exact copy. I think it would be really cool if Disney partnered with NASA again and made a new ride based on some aspect of the space program.

Umm... like test track, where autopia is.
Test Track is fun, but Radiator Springs Racers in DCA is basically the same thing so I don't see putting it in at DL too.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't know why people seem to think RSR and Test Track are the same thing. They both use the same ride system but are very different ride experiences. Disneyland has Dumbo and Astro Orbiter in the same park. I'm not saying we should get Test Track (we shouldn't, it sucks), but just because it uses the same ride system as another ride at the resort doesn't make it the same ride.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
>Both use the same ride system
>not the same ride

That's like saying ToT in Florida is completely different from the one in Tokyo because they dont have the same theme even though they serve the same exact purpose lol.

skimbob

Indiana Jones and Dinosaur are constantly being compared just like Test Track and RSR. It drives me nuts. They are not the same ride. Each is a different experience as others here have mentioned repeatedly.

As for Mission my answer is wooof.

They need to get those creative juices going and create something out of this world.

Californian Elitist

>Both use the same ride system
>not the same ride

That's like saying ToT in Florida is completely different from the one in Tokyo because they dont have the same theme even though they serve the same exact purpose lol.

No, it's not. The ride is Tower of Terror in both parks, with the same story.

According to your logic, the Haunted Mansion is the same ride as the Little Mermaid.

EDIT: Sorry, misread your post! Ignore me LOL.

xmlguy

If they duplicate the GM/Chevrolet Test Track, Disney should make it more realistic by adding ignition switches that fail, causing the vehicles to shutdown in the middle and crash, to show how good GM testing really turned out to be after having to recall about 30 million cars, killing more than 100 passengers, and getting fined $900M for hiding the problem for more than a decade. They might as well add a VW diesel emissions testing ride too, where the ride car is clean in the testing lab and then pumps out toxic pollution as soon as it gets onto the track. Maybe they could do a HP ride where the guests are in a company carpool van trying to avoid getting laid-off by the CEO who's tracking them in a corporate jet. :)

Walt and Roy needed corporate sponsors to help finance the initial construction of Disneyland. Sponsorship hasn't been needed for Disney rides in decades and it's become an embarrassment in many cases when the sponsors do something stupid. Disney has had to remodel most of the sponsored rides in Epcot, for example, after losing Exxon, Kodak, MetLife, Nestle, and AT&T ride sponsorship. It's one thing if they change or lose a sponsor who's merely a vendor and quite another when the sponsor is part of the theme and branding of a ride.

Tomorrowland at DL needs a big renovation. Half the area is wasted with the arcade, theater, old Mission to Moon/Mars, and Innoventions/Circle spaces. Space Mountain is the only thing back there worth keeping. Autopia and the sub lagoon also take a huge amount of space for 2 rides. That space is as big as Fantasyland and Frontierland, combined. Autopia is obsolete. Go-kart tracks are available within a 10-minute drive in just about any metro area..A whole new land could be put in that area with more than 4 times the rides than currently there.

Hopefully, that's where the new Starwars themed land will be. Space Mountain could be integrated into that theme rather well.

Last edited:

westie

I was always a big fan of Alien Encounter. Not the Stitch version! The original. I loved to sit right outside the exit and watch the throngs of screaming and crying kids come out of there! Ah, the good 'ol days!!

Bairstow

I'm guessing you don't like the ride... LOL. I've never been to WDW so I've never been on it. It seems like a cool ride though. :)

Disney World is great. I hope you get to go one day. There are a lot of amazing, unique rides that make it the most popular theme park on Earth.
Mission:Space, is not one of them.

Nextinline

It's just the worst.

I'd like to see Disneyland reclaim attractions that can be found at WDW, such as the Peoplemover, the Astro Orbiter above the Peoplemover platform and the Carousel of Progress.

Disneyland NEEDS to reclaim the Carousel of Progress! It's depressing to see it under appreciated at WDW & would get much better treatment and respect in DL.

Bairstow

Disneyland NEEDS to reclaim the Carousel of Progress! It's depressing to see it under appreciated at WDW & would get much better treatment and respect in DL.

Disneyland doesn't have enough space as it is.
Why would they want to bring in an overlarge, exceedingly-dated museum piece that barely attracts enough people to justify its maintenance cost?

Nextinline

Disneyland doesn't have enough space as it is.
Why would they want to bring in an overlarge, exceedingly-dated museum piece that barely attracts enough people to justify its maintenance cost?
There are a lot of way I could approach that question, but I'll start by addressing your first comment. Disneyland doesn't have enough space for what? It has enough space to be what it is today (clearly) & apparently it has enough space for a huge new Star Wars land. There was enough space to keep Innoventions; a pointless attraction that was only introduced to justify not tearing down the carousel theater (the building that should be housing the carousel of progress).

So then why would I want an overlarge, exceedingly-dated museum piece that barely attracts enough people to justify its maintenance cost? It's a Walt Disney institution! enough said.

Bairstow

There are a lot of way I could approach that question, but I'll start by addressing your first comment. Disneyland doesn't have enough space for what? It has enough space to be what it is today (clearly) & apparently it has enough space for a huge new Star Wars land. There was enough space to keep Innoventions; a pointless attraction that was only introduced to justify not tearing down the carousel theater (the building that should be housing the carousel of progress).

So then why would I want an overlarge, exceedingly-dated museum piece that barely attracts enough people to justify its maintenance cost? It's a Walt Disney institution! enough said.

Then it belongs in a museum, not a theme park.

Disneyland is having to rearrange a tremendous amount of backstage infrastructure in addition to removing Toontown to build the Star Wars expansion.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland is having to rearrange a tremendous amount of backstage infrastructure in addition to removing Toontown to build the Star Wars expansion.

Toontown is no longer being removed. The site plan has shifted to removing a large chunk of the Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island instead.

Nextinline

Maybe Disneyland is a museum in a lot of ways. That's an interesting twist on things!
Toontown is no longer being removed. The site plan has shifted to removing a large chunk of the Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island instead.
We would sure avoid a lot of this mess if it were...

Phroobar

I would rather see a new updated version of Horizons instead of Carousel of Progress at Disneyland. Imagine a 15 minute omnimover ride in the Innoventions building discussing future tech in the land, sea and in space.

Nextinline

I would rather see a new updated version of Horizons instead of Carousel of Progress at Disneyland. Imagine a 15 minute omnimover ride in the Innoventions building discussing future tech in the land, sea and in space.
Given a choice between the two, I totally agree with you. I hope that Disney someday realizes the value of attractions like Horizons, Spaceship Earth, and World of Motion. But however unlikely it seems that CoP will move back west it's even more unlikely that Disney is going to build an attraction like that :(

Phroobar

Its the only ride that would make sense with the Tomorrowland theme. It just has no IP. Too bad the Tomorrowland movie tanked.

George Lucas on a Bench

I feel weird for having enjoyed Tomorrowland and not just because I hate everything modern. I know it had kind of a crappy script and not much payoff, but it was fun, pervy George Clooney with little robot girl and all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom