News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I find it interesting he asked you if you thought the parking fees were already in the room charge, regardless of what you told him did he confirm or deny the parking fees were already in the room charge?

That's the important part...

Not the Internet scapegoat angle or the false "we really listen" nonsense.

That question about "inclusion" is interesting...that could indicate they might be thinking of going straight resort fee...to cover "multiple"
Things.

jsand99

Currently watching toy story on tv with the kids. They have shown several Disney commercials. The toy story land commercial, the "dreams really do come true" commercial, and "the world says you have to grow up, here you don't have to" commercial. Every time they have come on my kids have launched themselves off the couch jumping and yelling with excitement. Especially the toy story land commercial since it was the first time they have seen it. Oh the innocence of a child. I normally get excited along with them, which I did somewhat, but with the parking fees and other things that have been going on fresh in my mind, I sort of felt like some of the magic is gone for me. Feels like Disney is really saying "you are grown up so deal with it and open up your wallet". Ugh, makes me sad...

JoeCamel

Currently watching toy story on tv with the kids. They have shown several Disney commercials. The toy story land commercial, the "dreams really do come true" commercial, and "the world says you have to grow up, here you don't have to" commercial. Every time they have come on my kids have launched themselves off the couch jumping and yelling with excitement. Especially the toy story land commercial since it was the first time they have seen it. Oh the innocence of a child. I normally get excited along with them, which I did somewhat, but with the parking fees and other things that have been going on fresh in my mind, I sort of felt like some of the magic is gone for me. Feels like Disney is really saying "you are grown up so deal with it and open up your wallet". Ugh, makes me sad...
For kids it is easy to "make the magic" They have no reference but you do. It is up to you but IMO you need to "adjust" their expectations about what Disney is all about.
You are the parent so do what you wish but that is my take on the matter. They are in for a great fall if they think WDW is the "greatest place on earth".

jsand99

For kids it is easy to "make the magic" They have no reference but you do. It is up to you but IMO you need to "adjust" their expectations about what Disney is all about.
You are the parent so do what you wish but that is my take on the matter. They are in for a great fall if they think WDW is the "greatest place on earth".

For them the magic is still 100% there. They wouldn't understand if I tried to explain what it's all about right now. They love to see the movies and characters they love come to life at Disney. And I love enjoying movies and characters with them that I loved when I was child and I become a child again right along with them. They grow up too fast and I'm not ready to spoil it for them yet. Just like I'm not ready for them know Santa Clause isn't real.

JoeCamel

For them the magic is still 100% there. They wouldn't understand if I tried to explain what it's all about right now. They love to see the movies and characters they love come to life at Disney. And I love enjoying movies and characters with them that I loved when I was child and I become a child again right along with them. They grow up too fast and I'm not ready to spoil it for them yet. Just like I'm not ready for them know Santa Clause isn't real.
OK, but the end is near...

Goofyernmost

Just got a call from guest relations, calling on behalf of George and Bob (I had emailed both Bobs and George). The guy was very pleasant and was calling to get more info and make sure he understood my concerns. It was a pleasant conversation, but I did pick up a few key questions and some info. He specifically wanted to know if my concerns were from personal experience, or something I read on the internet. He also was interested to know if I had believed parking costs were already included in the cost of the room. When I asked about the possibility of the fee being reversed he shared that Disney had made decisions in the past and changed them and that George and the Bobs were considering the large amount of negative feedback that they have received on the parking fees. He thanked me for my time and feedback, and also thanked him for the opportunity to share my concerns. We shall see...
In other words... pay it or stay home. We're rolling in money, we don't need your pitifully little amount. Did he out and out lie and say that parking wasn't built into the room charge because that would be the largest lie you have ever heard. All business include those costs in their fees even if they don't list it. They have no need to list it because it is just a cost of doing business. But, if those costs were not included then Disney would not be having a profit. Was the guys name Dennison by any chance?

UncleMike101

In other words... pay it or stay home. We're rolling in money, we don't need your pitifully little amount. Did he out and out lie and say that parking wasn't built into the room charge because that would be the largest lie you have ever heard. All business include those costs in their fees even if they don't list it. They have no need to list it because it is just a cost of doing business. But, if those costs were not included then Disney would not be having a profit. Was the guys name Dennison by any chance?
The last line in my third e mail to Disney was;
"Disney is precariously close to giving the impression that the Public should just suck it up, pay up, and shut up."
I'm preparing my brief for a return phone call to the CM that e mailed me today.
This could be fun......;)

tirian

I think the public’s biggest gripe is that everyone assumed Disney’s overpriced resort charges included landscaping, parking, Magical Express, and transportation. When you consider the buses, boats, activities, and landscaping, the majority of value and moderate rates were justifiable. Deluxe hotels are obscenely overpriced no matter what. Now Disney has added parking fees, and people are saying, “Wait a minute—“

beachlover4444

The problem with staying off site would be I think, no more EMHs. If that is not a pull for you to stay in park then that is great. There they have you.
You can get extra magic hours at the resorts over by disney springs, same 60 day out just like when you stay on property, I stayed at Hilton right across the street, get same bus service, same EMH.

Goofyernmost

You can get extra magic hours at the resorts over by disney springs, same 60 day out just like when you stay on property, I stayed at Hilton right across the street, get same bus service, same EMH.
Even when I stayed onsite, I never used EMH it was either to early or to late. So not staying onsite now I find out what days EMH is where and I go to another park that doesn't have it. I get to see more that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom