News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
When you get really specific it is hard to figure things out. For example, several years ago when I brought my Thanksgiving feast into the park, I was never able to work through Disney's labryrinthian bureaucracy and find out if different rules applied for transporting fresh cranberries versus cranberry in a can, thought logic would dictate that those things must be handled very differently when going through security.
You eat canned goods ... sir you dissapoint me .

skyphotographer

If this has a possibility of being reversed, you and I must refuse to pay the fee. Forget letters and petitions, they will do no good. The only way to get the decision makers at Disney to listen is to hit them on their bottom line. Empty parking lots have a strange "ghost town" look to them. Not a pretty site for such high priced resorts.

Draw a line in the sand and just say no!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If this has a possibility of being reversed, you and I must refuse to pay the fee. Forget letters and petitions, they will do no good. The only way to get the decision makers at Disney to listen is to hit them on their bottom line. Empty parking lots have a strange "ghost town" look to them. Not a pretty site for such high priced resorts.

Draw a line in the sand and just say no!
I wish it were that simple...they're very persistent.

There are recent examples..."after hours magic" being a brutally indicative one.

So they charge $150
Last year and it sinks like an anchor. I believe part of that was the long standing tradition of people not wanting to pay more for extended hours. Hours are based on crowds and should be adjusted accordingly.

So they let it die and recompute. And as @lentesta showed by his research/data...9 month later we see that it appears wait times could be intentionally driven up during the slow months.

Conveniently the ticket returns at $119 a night...heck of a coincidence.

And I cringe to think (I honestly don't want to know) but I bet they're selling gobs of them now. Essentially creating a scenario where they are double charging for a day in the "non-travel" season.

Brilliant and evil.

I don't think there's anyway to stop the parking and eventual resort fees (those CP lifeguards don't pay for themselves...actually the taxpayers partially do) from going live and staying.

There needs a collective consumer conscious that just isn't there.

...and yes - I've made that point before - but it's kinda that main problem we all share. So don't gripe at me 😡

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Generally i agree with you...

As far as rental charges...that's the only thing in the 165 pages thats even worth pondering...everything else was obvious from the start or was covered long ago...

Really...you're gonna complain about repetition on a disney forum? Am I on tower of terror?

Now let me go ask Martin 50 times if the Mary poppins ride will be open "for the 50th"...throw another log on.

Hey, Pengs, you got a box office chart for that?

I have no problem with repetition - from different posters.

Well, OK, sometimes I do! But generally no.

OTOH! when the repetition comes from the same person, despite being told the answer ......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Disney will keep increasing prices (for tickets, food, drink, merchandising, & rooms). They'll create new things to charge for: EMH, Parking Fees, Resort Fees, and whole bunch of others that are likely being discussed.

And.....we'll pay them. We'll either cut back from something else or just budget them into the trip.

Disney will keep doing this until the numbers say they can't. Numbers are going up for Disney Parks right now. They are going to continue to go up with TSL, SWL, Tron, Guardians, Disney Springs, Riviera etc..

Sadly, for everyone that says "That's it...I'm not going anymore" there is another person saying "Can't wait to get there". We can vent, voice our displeasure, complain, boycott, or downright abstain.....but Disney is looking at numbers. And unfortunately, right now the numbers are in their favor.

I've vented on previous posts in this thread. And as my protest...I'm going to find a way to spend less with Disney on upcoming trips. But at the end of the day, whether I spend less or not, if the overall numbers go up -- Disney could care less whether I go 6 times a year or 7.
Heck, they probably could care less whether I even went at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no problem with repetition - from different posters.

Well, OK, sometimes I do! But generally no.

OTOH! when the repetition comes from the same person, despite being told the answer ......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My opinion is I don't see it so cut and dry in the longterm as you do. I won't say it again.

Things do change even under contract. I don't recall buying set weeks being an option in the contract (it wasn't) back in my day...so what happened? They wrote a new clause in the contract and just tuned out the old ones.

Dvc is very "pro Disney"...more so than most contracts of similar nature. Just saying.

John park hopper

Disney will keep increasing prices (for tickets, food, drink, merchandising, & rooms). They'll create new things to charge for: EMH, Parking Fees, Resort Fees, and whole bunch of others that are likely being discussed.

And.....we'll pay them. We'll either cut back from something else or just budget them into the trip.

Disney will keep doing this until the numbers say they can't. Numbers are going up for Disney Parks right now. They are going to continue to go up with TSL, SWL, Tron, Guardians, Disney Springs, Riviera etc..

Sadly, for everyone that says "That's it...I'm not going anymore" there is another person saying "Can't wait to get there". We can vent, voice our displeasure, complain, boycott, or downright abstain.....but Disney is looking at numbers. And unfortunately, right now the numbers are in their favor.

I've vented on previous posts in this thread. And as my protest...I'm going to find a way to spend less with Disney on upcoming trips. But at the end of the day, whether I spend less or not, if the overall numbers go up -- Disney could care less whether I go 6 times a year or 7.

You are correct Disney does not care if i go or you go. I have been enough times in my life when they did care so I have great memories. I refuse to patronize a company with their current attitude. I refuse to find ways to afford to continue to go and put money in their pockets while at the same time they screw us over with added fees , price increases, reduced hours, and every attempt to pack the parks to max capacity, long waits etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You're correct...all of it.

nickys

Premium Member
My opinion is I don't see it so cut and dry in the longterm as you do. I won't say it again.

Things do change even under contract. I don't recall buying set weeks being an option in the contract (it wasn't) back in my day...so what happened? They wrote a new clause in the contract and just tuned out the old ones.

Dvc is very "pro Disney"...more so than most contracts of similar nature. Just saying.

The fixed weeks were offered for the new resorts. I think for Aulani, Poly, CC. You can't buy them for the likes of BLT or OKW.

MuteSuperstar

You are correct Disney does not care if i go or you go. I have been enough times in my life when they did care so I have great memories. I refuse to patronize a company with their current attitude. I refuse to find ways to afford to continue to go and put money in their pockets while at the same time they screw us over with added fees , price increases, reduced hours, and every attempt to pack the parks to max capacity, long waits etc.

Agree 100%. I havent been in 4 years and I'm done unless there are drastic changes (yeah, right...only drastic changes will be more obscene increases in "executive" compensation).

aladdin2007

This sums it all up perfectly. And dont think these parking fees were not designed to be raised, so I would expect them to go up again in early 2019, unless of course there is some major backfire from this which will be interesting to see, but like scorp said, they do not care, until it stings them. But I dont see that happening unfortunately. It continues to amaze me how they keep raising prices and what not and the more they do, the more people come, and the parks continue to be packed even more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The fixed weeks were offered for the new resorts. I think for Aulani, Poly, CC. You can't buy them for the likes of BLT or OKW.

Did I question that?

Because I ponder the longterm business trends...doesn't mean I need the basic stuff filled in. This isn't a "100" level course.

The point is: things change. I actually bothered to read the dvc contract before I signed it...and trust nothing in it other than the term.

It's all "what if" though...granted

Donal Duck

Incorrect. The official communication from Disney is that guests with disabilities will not be charged for self parking and will continue to receive complimentary valet.

What’s incorrect?
They currently do not charge guests with handicap parking pass for valet parking but do charge guests that do not have handicap parking pass to valet park.

peter11435

What’s incorrect?
They currently do not charge guests with handicap parking pass for valet parking but do charge guests that do not have handicap parking pass to valet park.
I read your post as if you were saying that they do not charge handicap guests who valet park but that they would charge handicapped guests who do not valet park.

John park hopper

Just got a call from guest relations, calling on behalf of George and Bob (I had emailed both Bobs and George). The guy was very pleasant and was calling to get more info and make sure he understood my concerns. It was a pleasant conversation, but I did pick up a few key questions and some info. He specifically wanted to know if my concerns were from personal experience, or something I read on the internet. He also was interested to know if I had believed parking costs were already included in the cost of the room. When I asked about the possibility of the fee being reversed he shared that Disney had made decisions in the past and changed them and that George and the Bobs were considering the large amount of negative feedback that they have received on the parking fees. He thanked me for my time and feedback, and also thanked him for the opportunity to share my concerns. We shall see...

I find it interesting he asked you if you thought the parking fees were already in the room charge, regardless of what you told him did he confirm or deny the parking fees were already in the room charge?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom