WDW Resorts Television Station

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Since Disney Has it's own network within in the resort. I wanted to know is where in the resort the Station that controls all of what we watch is? It's gotta be there..Right?

Master__Gracey

They also have a channel for nearby resorts. Is it a DVD or an actual local channel? Maybe they're connected or they are all DVD's, but I would expect if they were all playing DVD's we'd be seeing copies of them online (which would be cool).

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
They also have a channel for nearby resorts. Is it a DVD or an actual local channel? Maybe they're connected or they are all DVD's, but I would expect if they were all playing DVD's we'd be seeing copies of them online (which would be cool).

It's gotta be a standard station since WDW today is pretty much a local channel updating events, tours, etc....If I lived pretty close to the resort and got the channels especially the Top 7 wdw channel that'd be rather interesting to see it as a basic cable channel..:lol:

KaliSplash

The resort TV channels are part of the Disney cable system for its resort hotels. Just like your local cable system has a "local access" channel where you could watch the city council meeting if you wanted to. Except in Disney's case, there are several local channels with the repeating features we love, plus local weather and special events.

Virtually certain it's not an "over the air" channel that you could watch if you lived nearby. Yes, local hotels outside Disney have a version that focuses on Disney and Disney may produce it for them, but again, it's controled by whomever programs the hotel cable lineup.

And yes, it is virtually automated, with the ability to change the local conditions, just as your Weather Channel local channel has conditions in your area.

Someone will probably be along soon with the exact details.

bigtotoro

One issue I have with the programming in the lack of PPV. We turned in a little early last Friday (we'd had a few long days), and there was nothing to watch. I would've paid $15 to watch Rattatouile if given the option.

MeTa

I don't care what disney plays on the television as long as I get my fix of....

appliance.jpg

NotAZoo

I don't know if it is tied to this or applies, however I remember when driving from the Port Orleans area going towards Saratoga Springs, or trying to, I made a wrong turn and ended up near some of the Cast Member facilities and when back there I saw what looked like a "Local" cable company building would look like, with big Satellite dishes in the yard area connected to the building. It seemed very similar to some Comcast or Cablevision places I have seen through the years and it is possible that is the "source" of the resort feeds and local cable network. However I could be wrong. It was somewhere where Vista Blvd and N.Bonnet Creek Road meet up.

Horizonstta

Correct - I live a few minutes from the parks and cannot watch any of the resort channels on my cable system. You can, however, for those that are interested, download each channel from Mousebits. Most of the current resort TV loops have been uploaded for your viewing pleasure.

hrcollectibles

I don't know if it is tied to this or applies, however I remember when driving from the Port Orleans area going towards Saratoga Springs, or trying to, I made a wrong turn and ended up near some of the Cast Member facilities and when back there I saw what looked like a "Local" cable company building would look like, with big Satellite dishes in the yard area connected to the building. It seemed very similar to some Comcast or Cablevision places I have seen through the years and it is possible that is the "source" of the resort feeds and local cable network. However I could be wrong. It was somewhere where Vista Blvd and N.Bonnet Creek Road meet up.

I have taken that road before.. there is also a softball field

xxbradonxx

disney cartoon channel

this seems like a good place to ask this question. every year i have gone down to wdw the resort we stayed at had a channel that played older disney cartoons. this last year when we went in august we couldnt find the channel. the year before it had silly symphony cartoons like little hiawatha and lambert the sheepish lion. it played a bunch of toons like this in a long loop. i dont remember it ever being listed on the paper channel guides they put into your room, its just something we came across when channel surfing in our room. i was just wandering is this something thats gone for good, coming back or something i missed?
thanks,
bradon

torg0

If I remember, that Disney cartoon channel is on channel 99. Not all of the tv's are pre-programed to receive that channel. I usually program it manually when I'm there, and it shows up.

Give it a try next time.

PeoplemoverTTA

If I remember, that Disney cartoon channel is on channel 99. Not all of the tv's are pre-programed to receive that channel. I usually program it manually when I'm there, and it shows up.

Give it a try next time.

Nice tidbit, thanks. I also wondered about that channel, as I stumbled upon it two trips ago and loved it (I love Lambert....now that song is in my head :ROFLOL:), but I couldn't find it in October.

Mad Stitch

I cannot believe I’ve never seen the Appliance Direct guy. Does he just do commercials or does he have a infomercial? Maybe I’ve never seen him because I’m always watching Stacy. <3

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
..with big Satellite dishes in the yard area connected to the building...
could be the property uplink or weather station - the closed circuit loops could in theory be run out of a cupboard somewhere. I`d like to know too, mind! :D

Cynderella

Nice tidbit, thanks. I also wondered about that channel, as I stumbled upon it two trips ago and loved it (I love Lambert....now that song is in my head :ROFLOL:), but I couldn't find it in October.

Me too! "Laaambert, the sheepish lion, Laaambert, there's no denying, he's the friendliest lion. He's Lambert, the sheepish lion!" I think that's about right. :ROFLOL: :lookaroun

wdwCC

It's most likely set up like a normal cable system. They have a head end, where all external feeds and local insertation are run which in this case is resort TV, and runs off a video server and surely is automated. Most television operations are automated these days. Then most likely all channels are fed by fiber to the different sites around the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom