WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I assume All Star Music is opening as soon as it’s renovations are done, and probably same with sports.

And come to think of it, probably also the same with Riverside, which never renovated the Royal Rooms in 2019 when they did the rest of the place. There’s gonna be a lot of shiny new rooms greeting visitors this fall!

phillip9698

Good news, hopefully this means they are on track to increase restaurant capacity. Its a dreadful experience trying to get ADRs now.

fgmnt

I should have known that an announcement of the remaining resorts reopening would be met with a resounding chorus of how horrible they are. I sometimes wonder if there is anyone left around here who actually *likes* Walt Disney World anymore.
While it is very funny, it's also wild to assume that anyone who has the awareness to come on this website would have anything nice to say about the All-Star resorts. Frankly I would be concerned if someone rolled onto here frothing at the mouth for an opportunity to book the first night next to the giant basketball or whatever.

mf1972

we check in on 10/25 at ASM. would love to go back to FQ, but they reopen 10/28. probably would be a hassle to switch resorts if it clashes with any plans we make. i’ll look into POR & see what’s available. visited it while staying at FQ, but never stayed there so to it’s size.

Tom P.

While it is very funny, it's also wild to assume that anyone who has the awareness to come on this website would have anything nice to say about the All-Star resorts. Frankly I would be concerned if someone rolled onto here frothing at the mouth for an opportunity to book the first night next to the giant basketball or whatever.
Look, is All-Star Sports my favorite resort on property? For goodness sakes, no. To start with, they should have thought about the acronym possibilities when they named it. But to constantly deride the All-Stars and compare them to Motel 6? There's a Motel 6 in my local area that the hookers avoid because it's too low class. The All-Stars may not be anything exceptional but they are clean, comfortable, and on Disney property. That's enough for some people. And I get tired of the attitude I read on here of looking down noses at people who can't afford the Polynesian and actually choose to stay at a value resort over staying off-site.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Look, is All-Star Sports my favorite resort on property? For goodness sakes, no. To start with, they should have thought about the acronym possibilities when they named it. But to constantly deride the All-Stars and compare them to Motel 6? There's a Motel 6 in my local area that the hookers avoid because it's too low class. The All-Stars may not be anything exceptional but they are clean, comfortable, and on Disney property. That's enough for some people. And I get tired of the attitude I read on here of looking down noses at people who can't afford the Polynesian and actually choose to stay at a value resort over staying off-site.
There are trade offs and many things about a Motel 6 (such as larger rooms and microwaves at many locations) are superior to the All Star resorts. It’s a *very* valid comparison because it’s literally what Disney was going for - the old style Super 8 / Days Inn / Motel 6 exterior hotel motif when there was rooms around a central communal gathering area. Very 1950s/60s. All Star Sports was a dump by 2019; it had literally never had the typical to-the-studs refurb that Disney typically does every 15ish years, 27 years on. It had double beds, ratty furniture, a curtain as it’s only separation for the bathroom, and wallpaper borders and bed runners that screamed 1994. And when people think of the all stars, that’s what they think of.

Disney knew it was a problem and has been systematically gutting every single room. The refurbished All Star Movies rooms are lightyears better. The refurbished All Star Music Family Suites are (save for the lack of theming) better than their Art of Animation counterparts, with 3 real beds vs 2, plus a full size fridge. The next cheapest room with three real beds on property is a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West.

So yeah, the old All Star rooms deserve to get noted as , because they’re , but the refurbished ones are actually pretty great stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom