WDW Resort Stay Only? (no theme parks)

noname70

In order to fight a small case of theme park burnout my wife and I are considering simply spending the entire trip at the resort (WL, Poly or Contemp).
Has anyone else tried this sort of thing? We thought we'd actually try and enjoy the resort rather than rush from morning to night thru the parks. Maybe spend more time in Dowtown Disn, by the pool, etc...

Please give me your feedback!:veryconfu

wardrobeguy

DigitalDisney said:
You can easily spend hours relaxing at the Boardwalk, Polynesian, or Wilderness Lodge, exploring and soaking up the ambience.

Last October I had the privilege of staying at the Polynesian when my room at the Contemporary was bumped. I was content to stay at this resort all day, and one day..did.

In January, I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and really liked it. I didn't think that I would because of the stigma of "Dixie", but it is now my favorite of the moderate resorts due to it's leisurely pace, spread out surroundings, well kept lawns, lush landscaping in the Bayou (where I stayed... Plantation homes just bring home the whole slavery aspect of the South..ech.), and wandering walkways.

If you're planning a trip to WDW and don't plan on the theme parks, you can always take a boat down the Sassagoula River from this resort to Downtown Disney. It was a nice ride.

However, since this post is resurrection from an initial posting from TWO YEARS AGO is the advice from myself and other posters even helping the person who wrote this? Hmmmmm...

:lol:

Upvote 0

Trishnh

wardrobeguy said:
However, since this post is resurrection from an initial posting from TWO YEARS AGO is the advice from myself and other posters even helping the person who wrote this? Hmmmmm...

:lol:

Duh!!!! Didnt even NOTICE that! :p
I guess I will have to pay more attention to the date when replying to a post!! :lol: But, It is still a good idea :D

Upvote 0

noname70

Original Poster

:lol:[/QUOTE]

I posted this 2 years ago . HOWEVER, I love seeing a post of mine replied to-whenever! Additionally, most people who frequent this site (including myself) make return trips to WDW and updated advise always helps.

thanks to the resurrector!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I posted this 2 years ago . HOWEVER, I love seeing a post of mine replied to-whenever! Additionally, most people who frequent this site (including myself) make return trips to WDW and updated advise always helps.

thanks to the resurrector!!! :sohappy:

How did the trip go?
(or did you reply & I missed it?)

Upvote 0

noname70

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
How did the trip go?
(or did you reply & I missed it?)

We stayed at WL-a perfect place for this kind of trip. Simply soaked up all of the atmosphere, at at all of its restaurants, enjoyed the pool, and rented a boat (this was the best-sailng under the monorail near the Contemp, cruising by MK, and checking out the old, deserted waterpark-I forgot its name-awesome).

I really felt like I was at home at the resort, rather than someone who was merely passing through on my way to the parks. I will admit I was occasionally jealous seeing families head off to the MK on the shuttle boat for the evening. However, enjoying the fireworks and the water pageant from the resort was special in its own way.
As I have gotten older I find I enjoy resort hopping and shopping much more. I would recommend doing this sort of trip if you need a WDW fix. It was economical and did ease the theme park burn out a bit. Maybe plan a day at your favorite park on the last night of trip-just to satisfy the urge. I will do this again someday.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

noname70 said:
We stayed at WL-a perfect place for this kind of trip. Simply soaked up all of the atmosphere, at at all of its restaurants, enjoyed the pool, and rented a boat (this was the best-sailng under the monorail near the Contemp, cruising by MK, and checking out the old, deserted waterpark-I forgot its name-awesome).

I really felt like I was at home at the resort, rather than someone who was merely passing through on my way to the parks. I will admit I was occasionally jealous seeing families head off to the MK on the shuttle boat for the evening. However, enjoying the fireworks and the water pageant from the resort was special in its own way.
As I have gotten older I find I enjoy resort hopping and shopping much more. I would recommend doing this sort of trip if you need a WDW fix. It was economical and did ease the theme park burn out a bit. Maybe plan a day at your favorite park on the last night of trip-just to satisfy the urge. I will do this again someday.

Sounds like a great trip. The WL is my home away from home and we do spend time hanging out... Don't think I'm quite to the point of not going to the parks though. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom