WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrConbon

Disney usually does something then the other parks follow their lead. It looks like Universal Orlando may be the leader here. The meeting they are to present their plan (and hopefully opening date) I think is at 2PM eastern time.
Universal was the first to announce their closure. Would make sense they would be the first to announce their reopen too.

Amused to Death

I don't get why so Disney fans knock other parks so much. Take off you Mickey coloured glasses and give some other parks a chance.
Trust me, I ain't the Mickey colored glasses type, far from it. I've been to Legoland. It's small, not very crowded. Hence the joke about twenty-seven guests. And it was only a joke. Relax.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't understand the economics of this approach. That can't possibly be profitable.
20-30% of capacity is a big difference than 20-30% of a typical day. Chapek was quite clear on the earnings call that if the parks didn’t have positive operating income they wouldn’t open them. They may not turn an accounting profit due to depreciation and other fixed costs that are going to happen whether open or closed. In other words as long as the variable costs associated with opening are less than the revenue in they will open. There were also some rumors about making the initial days when capacity is very low all single day ticket, reserve in advance to maximize revenue. APs would be extended but offered a discount on the single day tickets. Just a rumor but it’s possible they can make the economics work.

Gearbm95

Just checked prices on some of the Universal resorts for mid July. Prices have gone up 50% since last week, I think it’s safe to say they assume they’ll be open by mid July at the latest.

ElvisMickey

I am aware of this, my question is about tomorrow when the dude from Universal walks into the Mayors office with a proposal to open. Which the Mayor first has to approve, then send to DeSantis. Surely that meeting is not going to be broadcast live?

Streaming live as we speak.

DisneyCane

The antibody test has many flaws including that it doesn't test for Sars-CoV-2 (the current coronavirus) antibodies, but ANY type of coronavirus antibodies. So, you could have had a different coronavirus and still have antibodies from that causing a positive reading on the test for antibodies.

I don't know how many times this must be stated, there are more questions than answers right now. Every "fact" that is stated remains questionable. There is no reason to rush back to opening until there is a better handle on this situation. Those who want to rush back to opening are putting the rest of the world who are financially and physically on thin ice at risk. Could everything be OK? Yes, that is a possibility. There is also the risk that everything will get worse. It's a roll of the dice. I don't think a trip to WDW is a dice roll I want to take with my family and my community's well-being the purse that's up for grabs.

Your statement about the antibody testing is not true. Go to the FDA site and look at the documentation for the tests. Here is one example https://www.fda.gov/media/137367/download. You will find "endemic human coronavirus" in the list of tests for cross reactivity. I don't know how many times it must be stated that people should look to the sources to find facts and not go with what somebody posts on twitter. The documentation for every single approved antibody or diagnostic test is out in the open on the FDA website for anybody to look at that wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom