WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugieMorosco

Unless something changed, Universal Orlando is supposed to be submitting a plan WITH AN OPENING DATE. today.
Disney may not announce theirs for a few days, but I doubt the Universal Orlando date and WDW dates will be far off. I don't see UO opening late June and WDW opening in October.

ToTBellHop

Love the vast majority of your posts... except this one :(. But you’re certainly allowed to have an opinion lol. I’ve only been one time last fall and we adored this park and had a fantastic time.

Regardless, I still see the likes of LL, FS, SWO and BGT all opening before Disney. Of course, all IMO
I...had a lesser experience lol. Maybe it was an off-day? Filthy, rude cast, nasty food. And I’m not one to complain. I eat in MK, so I have reasonable expectations of theme park food.

Getachew

Unless something changed, Universal Orlando is supposed to be submitting a plan WITH AN OPENING DATE. today.

Maybe, maybe not. They may give a tentative date that's subject to change, or a "time frame". Regardless, WDW is much bigger than UO, so it's not exactly the same re-opening process for both. Another factor is UO is still paying their full time team members 80% of their pay checks, where as Disney furloughed almost all of their workers. And, one more factor is the NBA potentially playing at WDW. If that will happen, they may want to wait until they finalize whatever deal they have with the NBA before they announce any dates or time frames.

peter11435

I don't understand the economics of this approach. That can't possibly be profitable.
For one thing it’s not exactly what he said and is being misrepresented by this reporter. Regardless attendance will be limited and the intent is not the be profitable at this point.

Ravenclaw78

I...had a lesser experience lol. Maybe it was an off-day? Filthy, rude cast, nasty food. And I’m not one to complain. I eat in MK, so I have reasonable expectations of theme park food.
Food is definitely not Legoland's strong suit. It's pretty much comparable to the food at our local Six Flags. I've never encountered rude cast or a lack of cleanliness, though. My biggest problem is that since the park is designed for kids under age 12, many rides don't accommodate larger (tall or wide) adults.

Disstevefan1

Disney may not announce theirs for a few days, but I doubt the Universal Orlando date and WDW dates will be far off. I don't see UO opening late June and WDW opening in October.

Disney usually does something then the other parks follow their lead. It looks like Universal Orlando may be the leader here. The meeting they are to present their plan (and hopefully opening date) I think is at 2PM eastern time.

AugieMorosco

Disney usually does something then the other parks follow their lead. It looks like Universal Orlando may be the leader here. The meeting they are to present their plan (and hopefully opening date) I think is at 2PM eastern time.
Do you think UO is leading, or did they do this cooperatively and UO is first to announce? I know they're rivals, but they are essentially on the same team for this one.

ToTBellHop

I plan to board Hulk at 3 pm today. Hope my mask stays on! It cost $6!

Bob Harlem

Yes, meeting will likely be streamed at

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I don't understand the economics of this approach. That can't possibly be profitable.
Chapek said in the earnings call that turning a profit wasn’t the goal, they just need to lose less money than they are losing with the parks closed. I think you’d be surprised how many days over the last 10 years Epcot, Hollywood studios, and animal kingdom haven’t reached 30% of capacity. It’s not that uncommon (except at MK)

peter11435

Chapek said in the earnings call that turning a profit wasn’t the goal, they just need to lose less money than they are losing with the parks closed. I think you’d be surprised how many days over the last 10 years Epcot, Hollywood studios, and animal kingdom haven’t reached 30% of capacity. It’s not that uncommon (except at MK)
This.

Epcot operates at less than 30% of capacity more often than not.

Gearbm95

I have a mid-July trip scheduled at the Dolphin but we haven’t purchased any of our park tickets yet, because they’re not refundable.

If they announce 30% capacity and restrict to on site guests I’d hope that I’d still have the opportunity to buy tickets. This situation is all so frustrating for people for are OCD about planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom