WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giss Neric

What if all guests staying at property will be given a virtual queue/time frame on when to enter the parks. Since guests will be limited, wait times will be low to none at all so four hours either in the morning, afternoon or night would be possible They can stay at the resorts while waiting. The problem is those staying off property and of course those who will complain paying the same price for limited hours. It's just like it's a paid party night everyday.

HauntedMansionFLA

What if all guests staying at property will be given a virtual queue/time frame on when to enter the parks. Since guests will be limited, wait times will be low to none at all so four hours either in the morning, afternoon or night would be possible They can stay at the resorts while waiting. The problem is those staying off property and of course those who will complain paying the same price for limited hours. It's just like it's a paid party night everyday.
They could just concentrate on site guest only and ease into it. No fast passes on attractions that don’t need it. Do they have the capability to do the virtual queue for all the attractions at all the parks?

havoc315

They could just concentrate on site guest only and ease into it. No fast passes on attractions that don’t need it. Do they have the capability to do the virtual queue for all the attractions at all the parks?

remember... FastPass is a virtual queue already. So it’s a simple matter of making every ride FastPass only.

carolina_yankee

Or they don’t open the resort first. Day guests only.

Just a thought.

That would solve the problem of how to open all DVC resorts at once, but each day DVC resorts are closed it compounds the problem of lost points to members.

Or they open DVC resorts but provide no guarantee of park access.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That would solve the problem of how to open all DVC resorts at once, but each day DVC resorts are closed it compounds the problem of lost points to members.

Or they open DVC resorts but provide no guarantee of park access.

This has been something we've been contemplating off and on over the past few weeks. I do not envy DVC management right now. They are going to have a mess on their hands and some difficult decisions to make.

carolina_yankee

This has been something we've been contemplating off and on over the past few weeks. I do not envy DVC management right now. They are going to have a mess on their hands and some difficult decisions to make.

I think it will hinge on "how long." If it's a couple of weeks difference with some sort of acknowledgment of the problem, most DVC members may be fine. If DVC members are paying their dues and loans for a significant time while others get to go and they don't, that will be a problem.

Herdman

Florida's governor today said Disney "was way ahead of the curve" regarding reopening ideas. If they were planning on waiting until 2021 I don't think they would be that involved in ideas right now. No clue as to when, but I do think they will be open sometime in 2020 with definite restrictions in place.

People will have to know the risks, as there are every day in many regards every time you leave your house. Then you make the decision as to what is best for you and your family.

JohnD

I answered May. I know. It puts me in the minority. But I have a rescheduled late March trip to start May 25. So I'm biased.

Getachew

Florida's governor today said Disney "was way ahead of the curve" regarding reopening ideas. If they were planning on waiting until 2021 I don't think they would be that involved in ideas right now. No clue as to when, but I do think they will be open sometime in 2020 with definite restrictions in place.

People will have to know the risks, as there are every day in many regards every time you leave your house. Then you make the decision as to what is best for you and your family.

That could be in large part because some of their parks outside the US have already been dealing with this well before WDW closed.

JohnD

That could be in large part because some of their parks outside the US have already been dealing with this well before WDW closed.

The heads of WDW and USR are on the re-opening task force so he may be aware of information passed on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom