WDW proposal

RomanticGuy

Original Poster
Final proposal plan

Alright here goes. This is my plan for the big night. I just thought you would want to hear about it.

I have decided to have dinner at Narcoossee's. As you know, I had planned a dinner at V&A's but decided that it just didn't feel like the right choice. I wasn't really excited about that idea. First I was nervous she would think something was up and know what was going on the whole night. Also, I was afraid the atmosphere at V&A's would perhaps be a little "stuffy" and I want this evening to be as laid back as possible (I hear earl of sandwich is also laid back but decided against it. LOL.). There is also the fact that I would have to bring a suit to eat at V&A's, which would mean that I would have to propose while sweating in my suit on the beach. I decided I would rather be dressed a little more casually (I'll probably be sweating bullets until it's over anyways). Then there was the cost of the restaurant ($300) started to feel a little over-the-top. I also would like to have a few drinks with dinner so I can be a little more relaxed. So anyways, I decided to go to Narcoossee's after reading many reviews of that and Citrico's. I didn't tell my girlfriend that I wanted to go there. I just let her choose between the two. We had already booked V&A's and I told her we would change for another one. This should help with the surprise aspect because if she was suspicious before, she will be totally confused that I would change the restaurant if this was a "special" night. Also letter her choose the restaurant probably makes her feel that I have nothing planned. So, Narcoosee's is the final choice. I have booked dinner for around 7:30. This means we will have 2 hours and a half to eat before the fireworks (I can stall a bit if we are going too fast). I will try to contact the restaurant ahead of time to ask if the waiter can suggest staying behind after dinner and watching the fireworks from the beach, this way she will think it is not planned. If someone is on the beach, I will ask them to take a picture of us as the fireworks begin and drop to one knee. If there is noone around the beach then I will probably just ask her as soon as it feels right. (Is there a "perfect" time to ask during the fireworks?) I just liked someone's sugegstion that if I do it at the beginning and then watch the fireworks, we will always have a nice memory to relive every time we see fireworks (Does anyone have any reason why I should do it at the end? Apart from the fact that she will probably want to rush to a phone to call her family.) I will have some champagne, cheese and chocolate waiting in our resort room with rose petals on the bed and floor. If anyone reading this is planning a proposal, the Disney Florist dream makers were the most helpful people I have contacted in all of Disney. They go out of their way to help you plan. I was considering the tiara and slipper on the pillows to have in the room but decided I would order just the slipper from Arribas brothers with the date and our names engraved. I will also have our champagne glasses engraved the next day at Arribas Brothers also.

Well now all I have to do is wait impatiently for the date to come. If anyone is planning on watching the fireworks from the GF beach on July 30th, and wants to help me out by taking our picture as I propose, just look for a nervous guy, sweating bullets and acting delirious. LOL. As for all the posters on WDWMAGIC. I would like to thank you all for the helpful advice. I'll let you all know how it went when I get back.

Mikky7

Goosebumps

Your plan sounds PERFECT! I suggest proposing toward the beginning as well. She may not even notice you drop to one knee because she will be looking up which will be totally cool and add to the surprise. Your fiancé to be is a very lucky woman!

PoohBear119

I am going to cry... it sounds like you have everything planned... good luck!!

Hey if you do Disney for a honeymoon, you can also eat and V&A's then and it could become an anniversary tradition... that's what my husband and I do.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Scenario 2:
I take her to dinner at another restaurant (such as California Grill) and take her on a cruise on the Grand 1 at the Grand Floridian and pop the question during Wishes on the boat again with some champagne.
I figure both will cost approximately the same, the boat might be slightly more but not that big a difference. I wanted to know if anyone has input which can help me. I want this to be the most romantic evening ever. Thanks for your help.

That's my vote :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Edit: should have read the whole thread 1st. Good luck with whatever you choose and please email my boyfriend to give him the idea too (LOL)

I LOVE the idea of the engraved glass slipper with the ring in it (someone has posted it before) instead of just the box the ring came in...but it also depends on where you're going to 'stash' the thing before you propose.

PLEASE keep us up to date on how everything went and WE WANT PHOTOS!!!

TestTrack

That's my vote :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Edit: should have read the whole thread 1st. Good luck with whatever you choose and please email my boyfriend to give him the idea too (LOL)

I LOVE the idea of the engraved glass slipper with the ring in it (someone has posted it before) instead of just the box the ring came in...but it also depends on where you're going to 'stash' the thing before you propose.

PLEASE keep us up to date on how everything went and WE WANT PHOTOS!!!

Isn't the cruise aboard the grand 1 quite expensive? The standard cruise with audio is around $280.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom