WDW projections? what do your think will happen? Do you see it getting better? what would you like to see happen?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
So one reoccurring theme seems to be that the current Disney mega corp business model is going to implode. numbers are down and No one is going to the world anymore.

So what do you forsee happening to Walt disney world say in 7 years. Do you think the current system will change?

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Still around, lack of crowds are just for the time being and for sure to rise a bunch once star wars land and runaway railway are going to open. Not a whole lot of numbers are down, for one disney still has other things that are making them millions every day, movies, TV, and merch. Not to mention that more things are going to happen soon to the parks, such as epcot that will bring even more visitors.
I think the only change that may happen in 7 years is Iger leaving.

Tony the Tigger

So one reoccurring theme seems to be that the current Disney mega corp business model is going to implode. numbers are down and No one is going to the world anymore.

So what do you forsee happening to Walt disney world say in 7 years. Do you think
the current system will change?

No matter what, people will complain, and find other people to validate their complaints.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No matter what, people will complain, and find other people to validate their complaints.
No matter what, people will play down others concerns about a place they care about, with snarky, condescending posts.

In between saving the world in comment sections on VOX that is.

ppete1975

I thought we were going to discuss the projections on buildings.
I was going to say that before I saw them in person I thought they were lame. I was pretty blown away with the quality of them when I saw them in person.
And I think with technology they will only get better.
But that's not what we are talking about... so......
I think it all depends on what happens in the world. Another 9/11, a stock market crash, an earthquake in California, a bunch of unexpected glacier calving, something else we cant even guess and the world could be a vastly different place in 7 years. In fact judging by history, everything can change in a blink of an eye.
On a side note is Disney big enough now to prevent a hostile takeover?
Remember last year there was talk of apple buying them... but with the universal deal could anyone do that now?
http://fortune.com/2017/04/13/apple-disney-mega-merger/

JIMINYCR

I forsee Disney getting better and see future expansion. Disney will continue to draw guests in, especially after they complete the major projects they are involved in at the moment. Improvements to MB's and guest devices will come as technology further improves. We will have many more reasons to return. There will be price increases that some posters will say is a sign of corporate greed and complaints about the condition of the parks will continue to be discussed. And we will look back and say... I wish Disney was like it used to be in 2018.

HiJe

Talking about what I would like to see happen, it would be nice to see some new "Original Idea" rides and not so many new IP rides. Like when they were developing the parks and said "Hey, lets make a boat ride that takes you through the history of pirates". Boom, POTC. Or, "Hey, lets build a show with a bunch of singing birds". Boom. Tiki Room.

This gave me an idea. How about a "Boom" ride? Where things just go Boom around you?

Potential Names: Mission: Boom, the Boom Room: Under new management, Stitch's Great Boom, or The Wedway People Boom-er.

Walt Disney1955

There was an 85 minute line up at Test Track yesterday. We didn't get on it until just before the fireworks and even then we just jumped on the much, much shorter single rider line. At the Magic Kingdom earlier this week we couldn't even get on Peter Pan or The Mine Train. We ran to Space Mountain right after the fireworks to get on it. I guess what I am saying is, the crowds are just plentiful. I think in 2030-2040 is when the world in general will start having problems because for a few decades we have not replaced the birth rate and since no one is having kids anymore we aren't replacing ourselves and once the boomers die (the last generation to normally have multiple siblings) you might see a big problem start happening economically once the population starts to drop. The good news is, we've got at least 15 years for that.

LUVofDIS

There was an 85 minute line up at Test Track yesterday. We didn't get on it until just before the fireworks and even then we just jumped on the much, much shorter single rider line. At the Magic Kingdom earlier this week we couldn't even get on Peter Pan or The Mine Train. We ran to Space Mountain right after the fireworks to get on it. I guess what I am saying is, the crowds are just plentiful. I think in 2030-2040 is when the world in general will start having problems because for a few decades we have not replaced the birth rate and since no one is having kids anymore we aren't replacing ourselves and once the boomers die (the last generation to normally have multiple siblings) you might see a big problem start happening economically once the population starts to drop. The good news is, we've got at least 15 years for that.

That's weird, we visited all parks from Sept 26 to Oct 2, and the crowds felt very low, at least compared to roughly the same time last year. We never experienced any long lines, the only ones I noticed was Na'vi and FoP, Na'vi had a forty five minute wait (I wont wait more than twenty minutes for this ride) and FoP had 108 minute. Other than that most rides seemed reasonable. TT we waited around twenty minutes for, even FEA had under sixty minute waits. Slinky dog actually had less wait times than RnRC.

This was our schedule:

Thursday Sept 27: EPCOT (around ten to close)
Friday Sept 28: MK (around ten to close)
Saturday Sept 29: AK (around nine thirty to after close)
Sunday Sept 30: MK (around four to after close)
Monday Oct 01: HS (from around ten to after close)

Sept 26 and Oct 02 we had an late and early flight respectively.

thomas998

Odds are they will continue to slog on with near capacity crowds but the return visits will likely start to slow with the park relying on the once in life time crowd that will make one trip and swear to never do it again... but that will keep making money because it takes a long time for word of mouth to kill something like Disney World... It going in the toilet will likely take 20 or 30 years.

Chef Mickey

I predict Disney will be more popular than ever 7 years from now. They’ve acquired and developed more content, made more money, built more, and increased their moat against the competition.

Disney today is stronger than ever. That doesn’t mean WDW is better than ever, because park fans know that’s not true. It simply means the company has never been stronger or put up better numbers.

I am Timmy

I predict that visitors to Disney World will, "have become obese and feeble due to microgravity and reliance on an automated lifestyle" (from wikipedia) , as will we all, predicted in the brilliant yet disturbing film, "WALL-E". In the meantime, Disney will grow to monstrous proportions, and rename itself, "Buy-N-Large", a megacorporation that has become akin to an invasive species. No other large corporations will exist, just as Disney has forecast all along (and will say we should've known, based on the foreboding WALL-E film they released in preperation). Ok, probably not in 7 years. But if you think strollers get in the way......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom