WDW Project Tracker

MiklCraw4d

Original Poster
Hi guys,

It seems like the rumor mill has really exploded lately. Things were really, really quiet for a long time but all of a sudden things really seem to be ramping up in anticipation of WDW's 40th anniversary.

As it's pretty hard to keep current on all these rumored projects, and keep debunked speculation to a minimum, why don't we compile a current list of what we "know" at the moment?

Here is a list of known and rumored projects off the top of my head. Let me know if you have information to add or debunk. Try to keep things to what we currently know, rather that would you would guess/like to happen.

MAGIC KINGDOM

- Country Bear Jamboree - Confirmed to be going down for a month-long rehab this fall. How extensive will the refurbishment be for this long-neglected attraction?

- Hall of Presidents - Confirmed to be going down for a massive rehab from November 1 to at least February; rumored rehab to extend until July 2009. The new president will be added, but what will happen to the show? To the film?

- Space Mountain - Who knows? Rumors run the gamut from no rehab to new lift hill, cars with speakers, and effects to a complete track replacement. TTA closure to accompany rehab.

- Tiki Room - Will Stitch be moving directly to this attraction, or will it be returned to its original show for the 40th?

- Tomorrowland - If Stitch goes to Adventureland, what happens to SGE? People hint at a retheming to the land, but what will it be? Would WDI really theme a land to the dystopian, morbidly obese future of WALL-E?

- The Little Mermaid dark ride - This seems pretty much a given for ~2011

- Other Fantasyland concepts - Blue Sky Disney floated the rumor of the Snow White coaster; is there anything to that rumor?

EPCOT

- Journey into Imagination - Some sort of rehab seems guaranteed at this point, but on what scale? What plot? What will happen to HISTA?

- Soarin - Filming reported to be in the works for the new film

- New World Showcase Attraction - Mt. Fuji or something else? Was the Canadian Rockies concept mere speculation?

DHS

- Monsters Inc coaster seems to be a go

- Star Tours 2 also seems to be in the works at last

DAK

- Unknown expansion along the lines of Beastly Kingdom/Jules Verne

RSoxNo1

Rumors have been abound about DAK receiving a Jules Verne type land, with the wet/dry 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as well as Journey into the Center of the Earth. Speculation also has had The Lion King show moving elsewhere in the park, either to Africa or Rafiki's Planet Watch.

MiklCraw4d

Original Poster
Rumors have been abound about DAK receiving a Jules Verne type land, with the wet/dry 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as well as Journey into the Center of the Earth. Speculation also has had The Lion King show moving elsewhere in the park, either to Africa or Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Interesting... I hadn't heard that. Moving the Lion King show to Africa would certainly make a lot of sense thematically; I've always kind of wished they'd do that as part of any future expansion in the Beastly/MinnieMickey area. Here's hoping they've got something cool up their sleeves...

Thurp

A good friend of mine is in the FOTLK cast and he hasn't mentioned anything to me about the move. Not that they'd be told until it's certain but you'd think he's heard some rumblings if that was the case...

DisneyDellsDude

One thing forgotten...
Mt Fuji rollercoaster for Japan.

If everything does happen (it probably won't), there's a lot of great things coming to the world!

GrumpyFan

A good friend of mine is in the FOTLK cast and he hasn't mentioned anything to me about the move. Not that they'd be told until it's certain but you'd think he's heard some rumblings if that was the case...

I doubt they would be told anything until a new theater is built for the show. And, there isn't currently anything being built.

I've heard this rumor before, but I think it's wishful thinking right now.

MiklCraw4d

Original Poster
One thing forgotten...
Mt Fuji rollercoaster for Japan.

If everything does happen (it probably won't), there's a lot of great things coming to the world!

Oh right - I knew I had forgotten something!

You're right about the unlikely nature of all these things happening - I remember the Disney Decade all too well - but at least some seem definite. We know the HoP is going down for rehab, at least. What I'd like to know is the over/under on the JII remake, and what its scope will be. I'd also like to know their intentions vis a vis the Tiki Room and Tomorrowland...

michael

deWild

Not really a rumor and I know we all don't want to say it but:

The American Idol Experience is going into DHS in early 2009.

*Don't shoot the messenger*

RSoxNo1

The Festival of the Lion King moving has been speculation. I don't think anyone has come out with a legit rumor surrounding it.

I think Mt. Fuji is also just speculation for the, "big thing to come to World Showcase."

I really think the legit changes are the ones listed in the Original Posters list, along with the Animal Kingdom/Jules Verne rumors.

minnie61650

Does anyone know if any of the 20K original subs are in storage ?

Do you think the old subs if they are still around would be used for the wet/dry 20K attraction either as ride vehicles or props?

primetime52

Do you think the old subs if they are still around would be used for the wet/dry 20K attraction either as ride vehicles or props?

I remember hearing that the old subs have been destroyed, at least most of them have been. Apparently for a while they had a couple of them sunken in the snorkeling area of the DCL private island, but I've heard those were removed as well.

If they build a new 20k attraction they will have to use new subs. Would you honestly want them to use the old subs even if they could? Those things haven't been used in over 10 years so even if they hadn't been destroyed, they would likely be in horrible condition.

RSoxNo1

I know several of the props appeared on Mouse Surplus on eBay, so I doubt it.

havoc

Hall of Presidents - Confirmed to be going down for a massive rehab from November 1 to at least February; rumored rehab to extend until July 2009. The new president will be added, but what will happen to the show? To the film?

digital? or heck, at least new projectors.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Here's a picture of them before they were completely buried at the landfill.
SubsBurial.jpg

yankspy

As far as Epcot, anyone know if Germany could finally get the ride that it was originally supposed to get? Also, anything credible about a new country being added?

MiklCraw4d

Original Poster
As far as Epcot, anyone know if Germany could finally get the ride that it was originally supposed to get? Also, anything credible about a new country being added?

I'd be happy about anything new for World Showcase. It's been a long time...

I also wonder, in the case that any of this is actually true, when we'd get an announcement from Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom