WDW Photo of the Day Thread (Part 10)

sedati

WNNQE3703.jpg

Not sure who this is (there's a girl version with the guests as well.) I believe they were part of the 15th anniversary parade.

sedati

ThunderMountain.jpg

When I was young, we used to get a little newspaper at school called the Scholastic Reader. I think I was in the first or second grade when I remember a little article in it about Walt Disney World where they were building a mountain that would house a roller coaster along with a grainy b+w photo of it being constructed.
I'd heard of the place as my grandparents had been visiting since it opened, and I certainly knew Disney from the cartoons, but this is when something really clicked for me. THEY BUILT A MOUNTAIN- and did it one better by putting a roller coaster in it. That's the exact instance when my love of the parks began. What company builds mountains? Clearly this wasn't just an amusement park like we had back home. It was an idea so daft and ambitious it fried my little brain. Suddenly I knew that was a place I wanted to go. Thankfully, we made it down not long after and it did not disappoint.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom