WDW Photo of the Day Thread (Part 10)

Cesar R M

Interesting story on this one... I had my 9 stop ND filter on my 10-24 shooting something else when he walked across. Quickly fumbled to auto ISO and let the camera meter itself. The camera ended up metering to ISO6400 and drug the shutter to 1/35s which captured some nice motion. Total fluke of a shot.
DSCF2138
by smerrick, on Flickr
was it really sunny to use such filter?

1DisneyDad

151e403d-e007-4c32-b2fa-171acb46820c_zpsbcwscuak.jpg

Wish I was in this spot right now. :)

fractal

Interesting story on this one... I had my 9 stop ND filter on my 10-24 shooting something else when he walked across. Quickly fumbled to auto ISO and let the camera meter itself. The camera ended up metering to ISO6400 and drug the shutter to 1/35s which captured some nice motion. Total fluke of a shot.
DSCF2138
by smerrick, on Flickr

Nice shot - the question is, what were you originally shooting with a 9stop ND filter and can we see the pic? You use Fuji, am I right?

sporadic

was it really sunny to use such filter?

Nice shot - the question is, what were you originally shooting with a 9stop ND filter and can we see the pic? You use Fuji, am I right?

Yep, a Fuji X-T1. The previous day I had been trying my hand and some long exposure daytime shots in the parks with the 10-24. I had switched back to my 35mm lens and left the filter on the 10-24. Well, I was grabbing some shots of the Chinese Theater and put the 10-24 on, forgetting the filter was on. Thanks to the EVF, everything looked normal until I noticed the high ISO and low shutter speed the camera metered. Soon as I noticed, he came walking by. This is the shot I was putting the 10-24 on for, after I removed the filter:

DSCF2143
by smerrick, on Flickr

@magicdisneypass

Yep, a Fuji X-T1. The previous day I had been trying my hand and some long exposure daytime shots in the parks with the 10-24. I had switched back to my 35mm lens and left the filter on the 10-24. Well, I was grabbing some shots of the Chinese Theater and put the 10-24 on, forgetting the filter was on. Thanks to the EVF, everything looked normal until I noticed the high ISO and low shutter speed the camera metered. Soon as I noticed, he came walking by. This is the shot I was putting the 10-24 on for, after I removed the filter:

DSCF2143
by smerrick, on Flickr

AMAZING SHOT!!! Great balance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom