WDW Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryT977

Originally posted by Married@WDW

Smoking is a privelege on Disney property, not a right, and I think it is kind of Disney to create these smoking areas at all -- they should just make the parks non-smoking.

Wow! It's one thing to make a restaurant non-smoking, it's quite another to make a multiple-acre, OUTDOOR park smoke-free.

People come from all over the world to experience the magic of Disney. A large percentage of us smoke. It's not a matter of allowing us the 'priviledge' of smoking, it's about accomodating guests.

I'll tell you this, if smoking was not allowed at Disney, I'd never go again.

:drevil:

GaryT977

Something I've noticed by reading this list is that Disneyphiles are quite sensitive people -- just setting foot in the park will irk someone because that's one more person we have to share "our" park with. Everyone needs to lighten up a bit -- your on vacation for goodness sake!

I don't mind sharing. What's more fun than sharing something like Disney with a whole bunch of people and having a blast?

I just wish people could be a little more considerate of those around them who are also on vacation, and paying a small fortune to be there.

Pipe dream, I know... :hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I trust those who feel so agrieved about the smokers avoid all the fumes from the fireworks. No Im not a dirty tabber but smoking outside in a fixed area is hardly a problem. Theres more danger from the fumes emmitted from certain peoples arm pitts.:hurl:

Originally posted by GaryT977

I'm not talking about Disney property in general, just the parks. I just hate the idea of little kids breathing in cigarette smoke -- EVER. Your own hotel room, clubs, etc. I don't have a problem with. But I think the smoking areas are a happy medium.

I don't mind sharing. What's more fun than sharing something like
Disney with a whole bunch of people and having a blast?

And I'm sorry everyone took me so seriously. My comment about being irked when someone enters the park was meant to be tongue in cheek -- really just kidding. There's nothing better than a great Disney crowd on rides like ToT, JC, etc.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by happy snapper
I trust those who feel so agrieved about the smokers avoid all the fumes from the fireworks. No Im not a dirty tabber but smoking outside in a fixed area is hardly a problem. Theres more danger from the fumes emmitted from certain peoples arm pitts.:hurl:

:lol:

Isn't that the truth! Man, I've been in some of those small pre-ride rooms, like Muppet-3D, and I wish I had a gas mask! :hurl:

goofyman

Originally posted by Sherm00
my worst pet peeve is how people treat their kids. they either let them run around or have to push them in front of you.

Thats Mine!..This summer a little kids ran into me so hard I lost my breath!:brick:

GaryT977

I'm not talking about Disney property in general, just the parks. I just hate the idea of little kids breathing in cigarette smoke -- EVER. Your own hotel room, clubs, etc. I don't have a problem with. But I think the smoking areas are a happy medium.

I say again, it's an outdoor park. Unless someone is squatting directly in front a child and blowing smoke in their face, I think you might be over-stating things just a bit.

And I'd still like to see a few more smoking areas.

BTW - Thanks for letting me smoke in my room!! :D

goofyman

I agree with just about all of these (with the exception of the smoking, which I'll get to), but did you notice the one thing they all have in common? They are all about people's behaviour as opposed to anything about the park itself.

It's sad, but most people, especially when on vacation, don't care about the people around them. Living in a 'tourist' city, I get to witness this phenomenon daily. I think a perfect day at Disney would have to be a day devoid of guests. :D

Ah! Couldn't agree more!!! It's the people not the parks. I work in a tourist area and you just have to either learn to not let others bother you ( which is tought to do) or laugh at it! Life and VACATION is are SHORT!:drevil:

gjpjtj

Something I've noticed by reading this list is that Disneyphiles are quite sensitive people -- just setting foot in the park will irk someone because that's one more person we have to share "our" park with. Everyone needs to lighten up a bit -- your on vacation for goodness sake!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE'RE SENSITIVE???? I'M NOT SENSITIVE!!!!!! THATS IT, I'M TAKING MY MICKEY EARS AND GOING HOME!! :hammer: :lol:

DanStat

Strollers WITHOUT sleeping kids in them.......

People who think they know everything! Waiting in line for a bus @ EPCOT, two stupid idiots behind me were talking about how the Biltmore Estate was being sold, and how the Vanderbuilts were bankrupt!

Then they said they received wine on the airplane!

HELLO! They don't serve alcohol on air planes anymore! If your going to sound like a conceided , at least know what you're talking about!

celticdog

WOW, talk about getting wound up. Smoking will always be a tense subject. I'm a casual smoker and i try to be courteous when i'm having a cig, however, there are not enough designated areas. I won't smoke during the parades or within a large crowd, but i've been known to stroll main street and world showcase enjoy a cig. I do pay attention to where i blow my smoke and where my cig is at, at all times. I have been burned by rude smokers. It also irritates me when i'm eating and someone near me is smoking. I do not smoke in restuarants.

But, i do agree with the others, body odor is a much more serious problem. I am amazed at some of the scents that waft through. :hurl:

<quote><b>Then they said they received wine on the airplane!
HELLO! They don't serve alcohol on air planes anymore! </b></quote>

Is this new? Delta and Virgin Atlantic both served alcohol this past summer. I had a nice Bailey's Irish Cream on the way to the UK in May and the lady next to me had a red wine on the way home from Florida in August.

snowwhite66

My only negative experience was when a mother was forcing
her young son to ride thunder mountain when he was crying and begging her to let him stay behind. He had just come from splash mountain and was trembling and crying with fear.

I felt so bad about it, I wanted to say something to this woman but she would have told me to mind my own buisness.

I had to get out of line , and leave.:(

MKingdom25

Wow! It's one thing to make a restaurant non-smoking, it's quite another to make a multiple-acre, OUTDOOR park smoke-free.

People come from all over the world to experience the magic of Disney. A large percentage of us smoke. It's not a matter of allowing us the 'priviledge' of smoking, it's about accomodating guests.

GaryT977, do you think the entire parks should be allow smoking or are you OK with the designated smoking areas?

Personally, I would like to see all of the parks smoke-free but at the current time I have no problem accepting the smoking areas (as long as they are adhered to :) )

MKingdom25

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor

I'm a smoker, but I never smoke outside the desinated smoking areas, and unless I'm mistaken, with the exception of some of the clubs a PI, Disney is non-smoking at all resturants and hotels except in desinated smoking areas and rooms.

Bravo AkiraRaptor! Even though I would rather see it all non-smoking, I can live with the designated area as long as people follow the rules!

As a guest who just plain hates cigarette smoke, I am also someone will tell a smoker that the line is non-smoking and point out the way to nearest smoking area. If they've got a problem with it, I'm always happy to get a CM, or better yet, a security guard.

I am same the way Married@WDW. I usually to point out to the smoker if they are in a non-designated area. When I was at WDW this summer, someone was smoking in the middle of the crowd at SpectroMagic. Although he kinda looked at me funny, he moved back farther in the crowd.

I think the key to this whole discussion is along as we all follow the rules, we should be fine!

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Strollers WITHOUT sleeping kids in them.......

People who think they know everything! Waiting in line for a bus @ EPCOT, two stupid idiots behind me were talking about how the Biltmore Estate was being sold, and how the Vanderbuilts were bankrupt!

Then they said they received wine on the airplane!

HELLO! They don't serve alcohol on air planes anymore! If your going to sound like a conceided , at least know what you're talking about!

Like Married@WDW I have to ask when did the "No alcohol on flights" begin? When I flew from Atlanta to NYC this past April, I enjoyed a nice Rum & Coke on my way up...

Joe (perplexed)

edit: By the way...it's "conceited" :animwink:

GaryT977

Originally posted by MKingdom25

GaryT977, do you think the entire parks should be allow smoking or are you OK with the designated smoking areas?

I have no problem with smoking areas, and when I'm at the parks I try my best to use them. They are an important compromise that, I think, Disney uses to try and make everyone happy. I just wish there were a few more of them. I hate wasting valuable park time trying to find a smoking area.

Main Street USA

I say again, it's an outdoor park. Unless someone is squatting directly in front a child and blowing smoke in their face, I think you might be over-stating things just a bit.

And I'd still like to see a few more smoking areas.

BTW - Thanks for letting me smoke in my room!! :D

Being outside really isn't a good argument. If you are standing within 5 feet of anyone, and in Disney you most likely will be, they can smell your smoke, and they shouldn't have to. It is, after all, your smoke.

Sherm00

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor

I'm a smoker, but I never smoke outside the desinated smoking areas, and unless I'm mistaken, with the exception of some of the clubs a PI, Disney is non-smoking at all resturants and hotels except in desinated smoking areas and rooms.

You have your rights, I have my own, and I follow the rules and I do keep in mind of the people around me.

I guess my pet peeve comes from a visit to AK. I was smoking in one of the desinated areas, and some people were give the smokers dirty looks as they walked into, and sat down in a smoking area. Like all of us should stop smoking because they desiced to grace us with their pressence. And this was in the out of the way area between Asia and Africa.

Sorry, but no matter how much other people may object, I do have the right to smoke, and as long as I follow the rules, do it in the correct area, which I always do.

Ok, rant over...I need a smoke... :animwink:

i didn't mean to offend every smoker, just the ignorant ones that don't follow the rules. i agree if a non smoker goes into a smokeing area they should expect smoke, common sense. I don't think most of the disney fans are like that, and the ones that follow the rules don't bother me. it's the ones where there are no smokeing signs and they light up anyway. or standing on line for a ride and light up not careing whos around, or smoke in the restrooms. now I am allergic to tabacco and cigrette smoke (very allergic) so I don't go into smokeing areas unless it's a real emergency. but (and I don't notice this at disney as much as other resturants) there are some resturants that butt the non smokeing section right up against the smokeing section, or make it so you have to walk past the bar and through the smokeing section to get to the non smokeing section, or have to walk through the smokeing section to get to the restrooms (again not so much at disney) and then there are the places like malls or stores (walmart) where you cannot smoke inside but people smoke right outside the front door, so i have to go through smoke to shop, again remember I am highly allergic, so I have to wait for people to stop smokeing or hold my breath to get through into the store. and walmart even has benches a little ways from the front entrance (at least the one here dose) so smokers can sit down. like i said not complaining about the smokers who follow the rules just the ones that don't. and there are quite a few out there that do not. if you do then great.

Sherm00

I believe the smoking areas are "never nearby" because they try to tuck them away where non-smoking guests will most likely not be bothered by them. Smoking is a privelege on Disney property, not a right, and I think it is kind of Disney to create these smoking areas at all -- they should just make the parks non-smoking.

As a guest who just plain hates cigarette smoke, I am also someone will tell a smoker that the line is non-smoking and point out the way to nearest smoking area. If they've got a problem with it, I'm always happy to get a CM, or better yet, a security guard.

And for all you smokers out there who do follow the rules, <b>THANK YOU!!!</b>

edit: And I'll never be the one giving you the dirty looks!;)

ditto on the thank you for the onesthat follow the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom